ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR short of 10 years by few days + best way to apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pushpak2k
Newly Registered

ILR short of 10 years by few days + best way to apply

Post by pushpak2k » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Dear all,
First of all, many thanks to all of you who keep this forum such a dynamic and information rich place. There are many silent readers who have been benefiting from your work immensely

here comes my question/s.
1. I was given entry clearance on 25/08/2003. I entered the UK on 17/09/2003; 23 days later. I am currently on Tier 2 (has been since 31/08/2009; 3 years +) and my current visa expires on 14/09/2013. Which means, if I count from the date I entered the country, I am 3 days short. What made me really confused is this text in the SET(0) guidance notes "If you entered the UK with a visa several weeks or more after the date from which it is valid for use, you may need to apply for an extension of stay to complete the relevant qualifying period". Considering this, would I be able to go for a same day service within the 28 days before my current visa expiry date (within 28 days prior to 14/09/2013)? I really do not want to go for the postal option considering the waiting times involved.

2. I have 2 dependants, my wife who has exactly the same durations as mine, and my daughter who has been on dependent of tier 2. What would be the best routes to take regarding their applications.

Really appreciate any help, sorry about the lengthy question, answering even a part of a question would be very much appreciated.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 pm

WRT your first question, you don't have an option to go for 'same day' PEO service. All 10yr/LongRes based ILR applications are postal only.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

pushpak2k
Newly Registered

Post by pushpak2k » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Oh. my oversight. Many thanks. In that case, If I send off a postal application before 14/09/2013, would the fact that I am 3 days short for a 10 year qualifying period be a problem?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

It's okay to post a valid in-time application 28 days before the completion of your 10 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:08 am

vinny wrote:It's okay to post a valid in-time application 28 days before the completion of your 10 years.
Hi Vinny i would really appreciate if u can help me out.

My appliaction is with HO for Tier 1 extension, can i vary my application to ILR 28 days before completion of 10 years long residency or i can vary only after completion of 10 yeras long residency ???
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 am

aakkoo wrote: can i vary my application to ILR 28 days before completion of 10 years long residency or i can vary only after completion of 10 yeras long residency ???
You can vary 28 days in advance of yours 10th anniversary
N/A