ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa rejected - reapplication succeessful

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

susiep
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa rejected - reapplication succeessful

Post by susiep » Tue May 29, 2012 1:02 am

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well, despite any visa problems you may be having.

I just wanted to write here my experiences switching to the Tier 2 application from a PSW.

On 7 January 2012, I submitted a Tier 2 application switching from a PSW visa. I had worked with my organisation since November 2011 so was well within the time frame under the old rules letting you switch without fulfilling the RLMT.

I was sent my biometrics enrolment invitation on 28 January, and went the same day to have them done a the post office. It wasn't until mid-February that the UKBA caseworker contacted my employer asking them to submit my job description to them. I had booked a holiday with my partner on 18 March, so when I hadn't heard anything from the UKBA on 8 March, I was getting concerned about my travel arrangements. I had my employer chase up the UKBA and they sent me my processed application on 12 March.

To my disappointment, my application was refused because my employer failed to issue me with the correct SOC code -they issued me with one that was completely not in matching my actual job description or salary - so it was refused based on not fulfilling the appropriate salary points. My employer had also issued another colleague of mine with the same SOC (his job and mine are the same salary) and his was accepted, yet mine rejected.

For anyone who may be going through this now, I can fully empathise. It's awful feeling like you have little to no agency in your own life or future when it all rests in other people's hands. I'm not sure the UKBA always realises that the papers they shuffle about are people's lives.

After reading this forum, I decided to submit an in-country out of time reapplication (my previous visa had expired). I had my employer issue me with a new SOC (this time I chose the code) and prepared a postal application. I also submitted an appeal so keep my status legal and able to work while I sorted out how I would do my reapplication. On 16 March, I had my postal application all set and my employer who was now seeking the advice from lawyers said to do an in-person application with them at the Solihull office. This appointment would be set for the WC 9 April.

Late afternoon on 3 April, my employer called me into an urgent meeting saying that the lawyers who I was meant to attend the appointment with had intelligence from the Solihull office saying that the office would turn away any non-straight forward cases. This was apparently due to the offices being really busy and also because the rules were changing on 6 April. My only option then was to submit a postal application before the rules changed on 6 April. I submitted an appeal withdrawal the morning of 4 April and then posted off my application to the UKBA straight after. I also had to leave work that same day as I was legally then not able to work once I had withdrawn my appeal.

In my reapplication, I had my employer submit a letter which essentially said that they messed up and that they were very sorry, explaining the situation. I also submitted a letter saying that the mistake was out of my control and that my whole life (career, relationship, support network) is in the UK and to please exercise discretion when processing my application.

During this time when waiting for my application to be processed, I got in contact with my MP's office explaining the situation and then I was following up with them about 3 times a week every week. Apparently the Home Office couldn't find my application for about the first 3 weeks. I wanted my application processed swiftly and quickly given the error on my employer's part and that I would not be working during this time. I also had a family member back home who was terminally ill (he's unfortunately since passed) and I wanted my application processed quickly within the service standards set out on the website (which from this board seem un-standard) in case I had to travel back urgently.

Luckily the persistence paid off and on 30 April, I received my biometrics invitation and had them submitted the same day. Then on 19 May, I received the package in the mail from the UKBA saying that my application was successful. I went back to work the following Monday.

I was off work for about 6 weeks while my second application was being processed and I am so incredibly thankful that it was processed quickly (well for UKBA terms).

I just wanted to write my story as throughout this entire period from January - May, I kind of relied on reading this forum to help give me some hope in what was a really frustrating situation. I am very lucky that my second application was successful and I urge anyone who is in the same position to not give up and try to appeal to the UKBA's human side because people do make mistakes. I also suggest getting in touch with your MP as they are a good link to the UKBA as I struggled in any other way to get a hold of them. I think my MP got a bit sick of me calling all the time but I do believe the chasing helped to get the UKBA moving on my case and not having me wait for months and months while my life sits on hold.

I would just like to thank everyone who's contributed to this forum, I really have found it very helpful and comforting to hear other people's experiences.

I hope my story's of some use to someone. This was my experience and I hope that it can help you with whatever you may be going though.

lyen12
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by lyen12 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 am

Thanks for the posting your experience.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Thats very well done mate. Congratulations..
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 2 visa rejected - reapplication succeessful

Post by ksadoc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:21 pm

susiep wrote:Hi everyone,

I just wanted to write here my experiences switching to the Tier 2 application from a PSW.

On 7 January 2012, I submitted a Tier 2 application switching from a PSW visa. I had worked with my organisation since November 2011 so was well within the time frame under the old rules letting you switch without fulfilling the RLMT.

I was sent my biometrics enrolment invitation on 28 January, and went the same day to have them done a the post office. It wasn't until mid-February that the UKBA caseworker contacted my employer asking them to submit my job description to them. I had booked a holiday with my partner on 18 March, so when I hadn't heard anything from the UKBA on 8 March, I was getting concerned about my travel arrangements. I had my employer chase up the UKBA and they sent me my processed application on 12 March.

To my disappointment, my application was refused because my employer failed to issue me with the correct SOC code -they issued me with one that was completely not in matching my actual job description or salary - so it was refused based on not fulfilling the appropriate salary points. My employer had also issued another colleague of mine with the same SOC (his job and mine are the same salary) and his was accepted, yet mine rejected.

For anyone who may be going through this now, I can fully empathise. It's awful feeling like you have little to no agency in your own life or future when it all rests in other people's hands. I'm not sure the UKBA always realises that the papers they shuffle about are people's lives.

After reading this forum, I decided to submit an in-country out of time reapplication (my previous visa had expired). I had my employer issue me with a new SOC (this time I chose the code) and prepared a postal application. I also submitted an appeal so keep my status legal and able to work while I sorted out how I would do my reapplication. On 16 March, I had my postal application all set and my employer who was now seeking the advice from lawyers said to do an in-person application with them at the Solihull office. This appointment would be set for the WC 9 April.

Late afternoon on 3 April, my employer called me into an urgent meeting saying that the lawyers who I was meant to attend the appointment with had intelligence from the Solihull office saying that the office would turn away any non-straight forward cases. This was apparently due to the offices being really busy and also because the rules were changing on 6 April. My only option then was to submit a postal application before the rules changed on 6 April. I submitted an appeal withdrawal the morning of 4 April and then posted off my application to the UKBA straight after. I also had to leave work that same day as I was legally then not able to work once I had withdrawn my appeal.

In my reapplication, I had my employer submit a letter which essentially said that they messed up and that they were very sorry, explaining the situation. I also submitted a letter saying that the mistake was out of my control and that my whole life (career, relationship, support network) is in the UK and to please exercise discretion when processing my application.

During this time when waiting for my application to be processed, I got in contact with my MP's office explaining the situation and then I was following up with them about 3 times a week every week. Apparently the Home Office couldn't find my application for about the first 3 weeks. I wanted my application processed swiftly and quickly given the error on my employer's part and that I would not be working during this time. I also had a family member back home who was terminally ill (he's unfortunately since passed) and I wanted my application processed quickly within the service standards set out on the website (which from this board seem un-standard) in case I had to travel back urgently.

Luckily the persistence paid off and on 30 April, I received my biometrics invitation and had them submitted the same day. Then on 19 May, I received the package in the mail from the UKBA saying that my application was successful. I went back to work the following Monday.

I was off work for about 6 weeks while my second application was being processed and I am so incredibly thankful that it was processed quickly (well for UKBA terms).

I just wanted to write my story as throughout this entire period from January - May, I kind of relied on reading this forum to help give me some hope in what was a really frustrating situation. I am very lucky that my second application was successful and I urge anyone who is in the same position to not give up and try to appeal to the UKBA's human side because people do make mistakes. I also suggest getting in touch with your MP as they are a good link to the UKBA as I struggled in any other way to get a hold of them. I think my MP got a bit sick of me calling all the time but I do believe the chasing helped to get the UKBA moving on my case and not having me wait for months and months while my life sits on hold.

I would just like to thank everyone who's contributed to this forum, I really have found it very helpful and comforting to hear other people's experiences.

I hope my story's of some use to someone. This was my experience and I hope that it can help you with whatever you may be going though.

congrats lots n lots

can you please let me know how if needed to contact an MP. i live in Middlesex.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:31 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Titan
Newly Registered

Same case.

Post by Titan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi..my case is similar to yours. My application just got rejected three days ago..I just decided to go back to my home country and re-apply from there. At least I can spend time with my family back home while applying for Tier 2 Working Visa and thankfully my company is ok with that.

Hopefully it's ok this time.

breakingwaves
Newly Registered

Post by breakingwaves » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Congratulations on your persistence, and thank you for sharing.

rubyni

Post by rubyni » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am

--------------------------------

hi there,

i am currently on this situation. How do i make a second application ( when my visa has expired and UBKA are holding my passport?

ruby

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 am

Congrats, thanks for sharing

THIRUPATHI
Newly Registered

Post by THIRUPATHI » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi, Thanks for sharing your info and Congrats.

I have the similar situation. After my employer got the sponsorship they given me a unrestricted CoS on 19th Nov 2012 with Job Title Software engineer and 24K per year. I have made my application on 26th Nov 2012 and My previous visa was PSW expired on 13th Dec 2012. But my actual Job title was Graduate Software Engineer. So it's all gone wrong on my job title and i didn't get points for appropriate salary.

Now i have launched an appeal (oral hearing) with a letter from my company by saying it was mistake and we did not know there were more job titles within that code and also additional evidence as offer letter to support my job title as Graduate Software Engineer.

We have reviews every year ending, so in dec i have been promoted to SOFTWARE ENGINEER and my salary is been increased as well to 31k. Now i have got payslip to show as evidence if i need for court hearing.

So now i have couple questions to ask you. please help me if you can,
1. as my PSW visa expired on 13th Dec 2012 do you think i can withdraw my appeal and resubmit the fresh application with new CoS?.
2. Or should i proceed with my appeal as it was human mistake and i will get success in my case or not?.

Anyone's help on my case much appreciated, thanks.

THIRUPATHI
Newly Registered

Post by THIRUPATHI » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

THIRUPATHI wrote:Hi, Thanks for sharing your info and Congrats.

I have the similar situation. After my employer got the sponsorship they given me a unrestricted CoS on 19th Nov 2012 with Job Title Software engineer and 24K per year. I have made my application on 26th Nov 2012 and My previous visa was PSW expired on 13th Dec 2012. But my actual Job title was Graduate Software Engineer. So it's all gone wrong on my job title and i didn't get points for appropriate salary.

Now i have launched an appeal (oral hearing) with a letter from my company by saying it was mistake and we did not know there were more job titles within that code and also additional evidence as offer letter to support my job title as Graduate Software Engineer.

We have reviews every year ending, so in dec i have been promoted to SOFTWARE ENGINEER and my salary is been increased as well to 31k. Now i have got payslip to show as evidence if i need for court hearing.

So now i have couple questions to ask you. please help me if you can,
1. as my PSW visa expired on 13th Dec 2012 do you think i can withdraw my appeal and resubmit the fresh application with new CoS?.
2. Or should i proceed with my appeal as it was human mistake and i will get success in my case or not?.

Anyone's help on my case much appreciated, thanks.
Can anyone help on my case please..I just need some guidance what to do next?

Thanks in advance..

Bicgatepc02
Newly Registered

Post by Bicgatepc02 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 am

Thank you. Do you know the email add of ukba? In that way I can email them and have a proof?

rubyni

Post by rubyni » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

your post is not clear! you want to email UKBA regarding?

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi,

Can you please give me some details...i m in same situation and deciding to reapply but my passport is not with me..

Did u applied without your passport???
Cheers!!
Simi

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 pm

rubyni wrote:

hi there,

i am currently on this situation. How do i make a second application ( when my visa has expired and UBKA are holding my passport?

ruby
Hi Ruby,

I am too in similar situation....my passport is not with me.
What are you going to do??

I am deciding to re-apply but cant find anything. Please share your progress!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 am

SimiP wrote:
rubyni wrote:

hi there,

ruby
Hi Ruby,

I am too in similar situation....my passport is not with me.
What are you going to do??

I am deciding to re-apply but cant find anything. Please share your progress!!!

I think someone already replied to your query. You PSW has expired now so you cannot apply in country otherwise it will be refused automatically. Just go and ask your employer to confirm that they will provide your restricted COS and do the RLMT for you.

You do not have any other option than going back home and re-apply for Tier 2 .

Thanks.

II Youths a stuff neve endures II