ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Loopi
Newly Registered

Fiancee Application

Post by Loopi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am

Hi,

Im currently in the process of getting all the things together for my Fiance who lives in China. Fiancee Visa. She will apply to Chinese Visa office in Beijing.

Our list is as follows:

1 Her application
2 Her pic
3 Her birth single certificate ,registered permanent residence
4 Her empoylee reference
5 Her letter to explain or relationship
6 Her bank stament
7 My passport Copy + Signed By Solicitor
8 My birth certificate Copy + Signed By Solicitor
9 My covering letter, - Explains our relationship, My willingness to sponser.. also money coverage etc
10 My employer's letter - Basically saying my wage, date of employment and im still employed
11 Provisional Marriage Booking form and Hotel Booking Details
12 My Mothers letter as she owns the house we live in authorising she will allow her to say in this house
13 My Payslips 6 months (Copies + Solicitor signed)
14 My P60 (Copy + Solicitor signed)
15 My bank statments (6 month) (Copy + Solicitor signed)
16 My Visa card statements
17 My Telephone Bills (BT)
18 Our MSN chat history / Emails. Photos together

Also she thinks the following will help

19 Our friends letter
20 Chinese wedding book bills
21 Her parent's letter
22 Wedding Designs
23 Her wedding dress pic

Ok so this is our list we think we need. Ill reference to each point to the number if thats ok

7 / 8 - Colour copies are ok right? Im going to get each page signed etc by th solicitor. I just not too keen on sending my passport + birth certificate to china.

9 Do i need to go into detail of costs. Ive mentioned costs which i will be aware of but not actual money values here. I have over 20k saved so maybe this isnt needed?

13 / 14 - Also is copys + sigend ok? Originals can be provided if its majorly better any advice?

15 - I can provide originals here if really needed but again copys + signed is preferred so i can keep my originals.

16/17 Any idea how long I need to provide for these?

18. Is it better to print every single email and msn chat? our chat is so big like 500+ pages it seems a bit rediclous but if it helps with her application we can do it. We can provide a CD with documents maybe this is ok? Also best to print out all the photos or just a selection and maybe provide the rest on a CD?

20. Should this be mentioned? We intend on going back to china to get Married there later in the year. Do they really need to know this and would it infact hinder the application?

Our wedding is booked in the UK for 16 June..just hoping it will all go through by then. Its going to take me about another week to finalise everything I need.

Thanks for any replies.

Glen

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:42 am

It sounds like you have sufficient evidence, I put letters from friends and family supporting the relationship in the evidence folder as advised by my solicitor who put my application together, I also put the receipt for my wedding dress in the application too and a letter from the vicar saying he was happy to do the wedding on 23 June. I had hundreds of mobile phone bills which were highlighted and it took me three days to complete so put as much evidence in it as possible.

My fiance has an interview next week, it took three weeks to get it so if I were you I'd try and find out how long the process could take in China as it may be a while if they need to interview or if they are busy at the moment.

Loopi
Newly Registered

Post by Loopi » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:21 am

ok thanks. Seems no one has posted ive done anything majorly wrong so I think we arnt doing too badly then

Thanks

Glen