ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why does it takes that long, is it Royal mail..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maria78
Newly Registered

why does it takes that long, is it Royal mail..

Post by maria78 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 am

By going through on the timelines,
I cant figure out the number of days it takes, to recieve the approval letter
between the date of approval can be 10 days ...

what goes between these days.. it should not take more than three days for royal mail ...

anyone have toughts on that ??

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Just relax and wait .

chicona
Newly Registered

Post by chicona » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 pm

if you no send special delivery envelope with your application home office send 2nd class what can take from 3 to 14 days ... hm for 851 pound about 1 pound for 1nd class is too much... ;-(

maria78
Newly Registered

Post by maria78 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 pm

chicona wrote:if you no send special delivery envelope with your application home office send 2nd class what can take from 3 to 14 days ... hm for 851 pound about 1 pound for 1nd class is too much... ;-(
Ahh.. If I only could have known earlier, would have enclosed a first class envelope.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 pm

It normally takes the HO several days to finalise your case after the approval decision is made so the post is not sent the next day. Even with a first class it might take a week to recieve it after the decision date.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Jambo wrote:It normally takes the HO several days to finalise your case after the approval decision is made so the post is not sent the next day. Even with a first class it might take a week to recieve it after the decision date.
2nd class mail takes 3 days. Royal Mail is absolutely the best mail service of any country I've lived in.

With both my acknowledgement and approval, it was quite clear the letters were prepared and then sitting in a pile with others for a few days before a government worker saw fit to move them from that location to the mailroom.

If you look at the timelines, many special delivery letters take more than a day. I'm sure the government worker gives these letters a bit of priority as blame could never be assumed to be Royal Mail - but not enough to consistently forward the item to the mailroom on the same day!