ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team with 1 inside and 1 outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team with 1 inside and 1 outside UK

Post by littlemaiden » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:48 am

Hello, Could you please refer me to any information on applying for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa for a team of 2 entrepreneurs in a case where one of the team is applying from within the UK and the other is applying from outside the UK. Is this acceptable?
I've read the UKBA policy guidance but could not find any information on this.
Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:56 am

Yes it's fine, but (obviously) not at the Post-Study Work 50K threshold.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Different set of rules apply to in-country and out-country applications. Teaming up shouldn't be a problem, however both of you have to go through different procedure

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Post by littlemaiden » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am

Lucapooka wrote:Yes it's fine, but (obviously) not at the Post-Study Work 50K threshold.
Sorry what do you mean by this?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:01 pm

I mean that the applicant who is not in the UK would not be switching from PSW and so would not eligible for points at the PSW 50K capital threshold. This would directly affect the team member inside the UK (who perhaps is a PSW migrant) who would not qualify at the 50K threshold either, because they are applying as a team and both team members must be eligible for the 50K capital. Only one being eligible is not permitted. Therefore, in the circumstances you have described, only the 200K capital threshold could be used.

Your Entrepreneurial team member must also qualify to use the same amount of investment if the total amount available to your entrepreneurial team is £50,000 or more. If the other team member does not also qualify for this level of investment, the total amount available to the team must be at £200,000 or more.

This is obviously without regard to approved VC, as I have assumed you are not getting money from that type of source.