ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

random.thoughts
India

ILR PEO questions

Post by random.thoughts » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Dear Immigration board members,
I have a few questions about ILR PEO appointments.

1) I had originally booked an appointment for me and my wife in a couple of weeks time. However my wife has now fractured her leg and wont be able to attend. Can I tell them I would like to use the appointment just for myself? If they can't give her visa I am happy to apply the visa just for myself and do her visa a bit later via post
2) The form also asks for Evidences of absences. In the last 5 years I have only had holidays as a permanent employee. So what exactly do I have to show them? Do I ask my employer for leave details?
3) When my wife passed the life in the uk test in the pass certificate her first name and last name got flipped. We asked the test centre and they said that it should be alright as long as you add a note when you apply (as they cross check the passport reference numbers)

Please could someone assist me with these questions?

uksettlement
India

Re: ILR PEO questions

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:13 pm

random.thoughts wrote:Dear Immigration board members,
I have a few questions about ILR PEO appointments.

1) I had originally booked an appointment for me and my wife in a couple of weeks time. However my wife has now fractured her leg and wont be able to attend. Can I tell them I would like to use the appointment just for myself? If they can't give her visa I am happy to apply the visa just for myself and do her visa a bit later via post

You can go for the appointment yourself. Also it's unfortunate that she has fractured her leg but is it still not possible for her to attend still with a wheel chair etc. Also don't think she can apply with you without coming as she will have to give her bio metrics. Speak to them to work out something.

2) The form also asks for Evidences of absences. In the last 5 years I have only had holidays as a permanent employee. So what exactly do I have to show them? Do I ask my employer for leave details?

Need to know your current visa to advice on this point.

3) When my wife passed the life in the uk test in the pass certificate her first name and last name got flipped. We asked the test centre and they said that it should be alright as long as you add a note when you apply (as they cross check the passport reference numbers)

That won't be an issue at all.

Please could someone assist me with these questions?
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 am

random.thoughts wrote:Dear members,
My current Tier1 visa runs till December 2014 (same for my wife who is a Tier 1 dependent) and I am eligible for Permanent residence in Feb 2013.

I have an appointment on 9th March 2013 for my PR but unfortunately my wife cannot come with me.

Question: Can I convert to PR with my wife still on Tier1 dependent visa and then in March 2014 when I am eligible for Citizenship I could get her PR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

random.thoughts
India

Any answers?

Post by random.thoughts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 am

Sorry I have an appointment next saturday so running out of time to cancel this or replan :(