ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPANISH RESIDENCY

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Porsh
Newly Registered

SPANISH RESIDENCY

Post by Porsh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi

Last time i was here i was asking about getting a visa,I'd like to share my journey into getting residency incase anyone else will need to apply for one and say thank-you for ur help.
After getting married it was still difficult to get in Spain as i lived in Gibraltar,I always had to carry my marriage certificate and every piece of paper i have,until one day we were told i need a visa to go in even if I'm married to a British citizen,I had to get a visa,but after getting a visa everything went well and simple,just went to the office and registered my address first and then took that to the Policia Nacional and that's when all the residency process started,it takes 6 months to get the card,but they gave me something saying I'm waiting for my card which helped me crossing in and out of the boarder.
If anyone is in the same situation as i was,best u just go for the visa and start the residency application as soon as u get ur visa,I had 3 months on my visa but it was ok because i had something saying I'm waiting for the card.

cindycs
Newly Registered

Post by cindycs » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for posting. Which visa did you get when you went to Spain as a spouse of British citizen?

I am getting married to my Indian partner in UK (I am British) and then we will be going to Spain where I have work for the summer. We are wondering what visa he will need.

Thanks for your help.

Porsh
Newly Registered

Post by Porsh » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:12 pm

I got a Schengen visa through Italian embassy(but i could use it to any schengen country,so since Spain is a schengen country i was able to use it),reason i got it from there is because there is no Spanish embassy in Gibraltar,only Italian embassy,so for u in UK there is a Spanish embassy and visas there take 48 hrs longest other than us here we had to wait 4-5 week without our passports and u dont pay if married to a British citizen for the Spanish visa

andreea.L
Newly Registered

Gibraltar border crossing

Post by andreea.L » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 pm

My Husband is Indian citizen , permanent resident united kingdom with certificate of entitlement to the right of abode . i am Romanian citizen, working and living in Malta recently my husbend applied for schengen visa at Maltese embassy in London to visit me in Malta but visa was refused ,the reason stated " Your intention to leave the territory of the member state before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained ". as per the Eu law family member visa must be free of charge but Maltese embassy ask for visa fees and ticket confirmation as well ,after submitting all the documents and paying the fees still they rejected the visa .

we appealed against the decision in malta but no reply at all.

After all this Hassles from the embassy We finally decided cross the border at Dover port to Calais France or Gibraltar to spaine then travel to Malta with passports + marriage cert + copies of EU directive in Eng . please advice us regarding this travel plan. My husband can travel alone?

Thanks
Ann

kishni2001
Newly Registered

Post by kishni2001 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Thank you for the advise. It was very helpful... SO I am correct in thinking that I can first apply just for a schengen visa ( no need for a residence visa ) then once we are in spain we can then apply for the residence permit... having an appropriate visa will not be an issue then?

Bloody-Fox

Post by Bloody-Fox » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:07 pm

kishni2001 wrote:Thank you for the advise. It was very helpful... SO I am correct in thinking that I can first apply just for a schengen visa ( no need for a residence visa ) then once we are in spain we can then apply for the residence permit... having an appropriate visa will not be an issue then?
I would say so. I moved from UK to Spain with my Brazilian wife and fortunately Brazilians don't need a visa to enter Spain.. Once in Spain I just applied for my NIE (Registration number for foreigners) and needed to provide marriage certificate etc translated to Spanish. At some point you will receive a certificate of application, but the actual residence card will take the 6 months.. Also be prepared that they are asking for more documents during the process..