ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ptl141
Newly Registered

SET(M) Help

Post by ptl141 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi there,

Hope you can help me. Me & my wife have been living with my parents since March 2011. It'll be 2 years in March where I'll be applying for ILR for my wife (probably via Premium Service in Liverpool). Visa expires in April. However she may not have 6 letters over a 2 year period (mine as an individual won't be a problem).

I also contribute towards things like Gas, Electric, Water, Council Tax & full Landline Phone Bill. However this is all in my father's name as he's the head of the household. I might have to double check what she has in letters & get back here with a list of things I have for her.

I have been looking at some guidance where it says:
"Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this".

As I live with my parents would I be right in saying that (to include in the letter):

(A). I would need my father to write a letter confirming as to why my wife does not have 6 letters over a 2 year period

(B). To confirm she has been living with me continuosly for 2 years

(C). That I pay towards 40-100% of some bills/housing costs (no rent) & attach some bills/Land Registry/copy of Father's passport page.

Thanks.

lolainkent

Post by lolainkent » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Has she received anything from the NHS? With my set(m) application I submitted 2 letters from the NHS - 1 from 2010 when I first joined a surgery, and the other from this past fall from a surgeon to my GP "happy to confirm" that I had had an appendectomy. Letters like that are accepted.

I don't know about what kind of letter you'd need to include. I called the UKBA hotline with a form question and I got a pretty decent answer - you just need someone in an okay mood that day!