ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved Solihull Feb (WP)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xanadu808
Newly Registered

ILR Approved Solihull Feb (WP)

Post by xanadu808 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:12 am

After a lot of research and stress, I had a successful ILR (5 yr WP, same employer throughout) application last week at Solihull PEO. Here is a quick overview of my experience and some notes of importance.

Appointment at 11, arrived 1030 for security check which went very quickly. The entire process from start to finish if I may say so went very smoothly. I was seen by the case worker on time and my entire time spent with her was probably less than 15/20 mins. She checked my app, all of my documents and length of absences. I had over 200 days out of the country but this was not a problem with the new 180/each 12 month period of the 5 year period rule.

Docs requested:
Set (O)
Passport
Life in UK test certificate
Most recent payslip (with employer letter for authenticity as this was a printout)
Most recent bank statement
Letter from employer (confirming employment dates, future employment and most relevant tier 2 SOC code/salary, annual leave allowance)
I was not asked for any of the photocopies that we were required to provide.

NB: I would like to add that given the UKBA Set (O) guidance notes the most recent payslip and bank statement were required (**dated within 1 mo of appointment)- I therefore supplied her with my Jan bank statement and payslip- because I got paid early in DEC, this was more than 1 mo in advance of my appointment so I thought I had to give the Jan one. In fact however, she requested the older (ie Dec) payslip and bank statement even though it was outside the '1 month period' as the purpose of these docs appeared to be to CONFIRM THE RECEIPT/TRANSFER OF YOUR WORK PAYMENT (as documented by payslip) INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. I had come very prepared with a year's worth of bank statements and payslips so this was no problem for me.

I was told straight away that my ILR would be approved and then went to make payment. I then went back to the waiting room until I was called for Biometrics. Following the Biometrics I was called up again as my bank payment was declined even though I had told the bank beforehand, but the chap processing the payment was very understanding and pleasant, saying it happens on a daily basis. Once everything was 'being processed' and payment went through I was told I could come back in 2 hours for the letter. All in all, 4.5 hours from time of arrival to picking up my letter. I can say I had a very good experience at Solihull PEO, the staff were very professional and yet also friendly, it was well-organised and not over crowded.

My best advice would be to scour the Guidance notes and other successful applicants' personal accounts, and to just arrive prepared with as much 'back up' documentation as possible (definitely bring more than one payslip, bank statement- for WP they only say 'most recent' but had I not had the older statement i would have been out of luck).

I brought but was not asked for my P60s, original WP approval, original job description.

Many thanks to everyone on this forum for their comments and advice. Happy to answer any Qs and best of luck to everyone.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 am

Congrats. My experience was pretty much the same as yours at Solihull.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 am

Congratulations. Well done. Thank You for sharing your experience.

kumarilr13

Post by kumarilr13 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:39 am

Could you please let us know...what was your SOC code and also very briefly your EC date, date of UK entry....I am on 5yr work permit for same employer and applying for ILR in may this year....

xanadu808
Newly Registered

Post by xanadu808 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 am

I can't remember the SOC code off the top of my head but I do know that your employer should be able to provide you with the most relevant code. If you are currently sponsored under a WP then I'm guessing your employer would be willing to sponsor you under a Tier 2(general) to keep you on but you have opted for ILR. In this case they would still be able to provide you with the most relevant code for your current position. The documentation is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e2012-cop/

Also note that even if your job is classified as level NQF 3 you should still be fine because you are currently on a WP.

I have been in the country longer than the 5 years qualifying period so my EC and UK entry were not relevant. My 'qualifying period' for ILR would therefore have been the 5 years at current employer prior to date of application. Hope this helps.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Congratulations mate.
Can you please help me in understanding the company letter that you have provided? Did you company mentioned that you were paid in UK during your gap period? How did you managed with the period which was outside UK?
I have a similar issue. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

srk2012

Post by srk2012 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Can you please post the template of the letter that you provided for your absences?