ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navcomps

Family Visitor Visa advice

Post by navcomps » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 pm

I have Tier-1 General Visa which is valid till 01-Apr-2013 and i am going for Extension on 15-Mar-2013 through PEO service.

My family members are visiting UK & Europe between 20-Apr-2013 to 10-May-2013 through Travel agency but they will be staying with us for a week and returning back to home on 17-May-2013. (already their flight tickets are booked)

1. Please advice if it is a good idea to get General Visitor (Tourism) or Family visitor visa in this case (since my visa is expiring on 01-Apr-2013)

2. If they apply General Visitor(Tourism) Visa through Travel agency, what is minimum length of stay that UKBA approves ( i am worried if they grant till 10-May-2013 as the tour ends)

Would appreciate your advice on this.

z18runway

Re: Family Visitor Visa advice

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:58 pm

navcomps wrote:I have Tier-1 General Visa which is valid till 01-Apr-2013 and i am going for Extension on 15-Mar-2013 through PEO service.

My family members are visiting UK & Europe between 20-Apr-2013 to 10-May-2013 through Travel agency but they will be staying with us for a week and returning back to home on 17-May-2013. (already their flight tickets are booked)

1. Please advice if it is a good idea to get General Visitor (Tourism) or Family visitor visa in this case (since my visa is expiring on 01-Apr-2013)

2. If they apply General Visitor(Tourism) Visa through Travel agency, what is minimum length of stay that UKBA approves ( i am worried if they grant till 10-May-2013 as the tour ends)

Would appreciate your advice on this.
How can they book their tickets without applying for visas?

navcomps

Re:Family Visitor Visa advice

Post by navcomps » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks for your response.

They are coming through Tours & Travel, where Tours & Travels have procedure to book flights and accommodation first to show itinerary details for applying visa.

But in my case my family members have plans to spend 1 week with us after completion of their trip.(i.e 10-May-2013 till 17-May-2013)

DieselD

Re:Family Visitor Visa advice

Post by DieselD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 pm

navcomps wrote:Thanks for your response.

They are coming through Tours & Travel, where Tours & Travels have procedure to book flights and accommodation first to show itinerary details for applying visa.

But in my case my family members have plans to spend 1 week with us after completion of their trip.(i.e 10-May-2013 till 17-May-2013)
A general visitor visa is for 6 months, but taken from the date the visa application is approved. Most travel agents are able to assist with visa applications for a fee. It does sometimes help to already have the air tickets purchased as proof of return, but the UKBA doesn't advise you to do this since your visa could be refused.

navcomps

Post by navcomps » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:44 am

Hi Diesel,

Thanks for your response, I will check with Travel agent if they can help on this.