ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All Dec'05 Rejected applications Post Here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:58 pm

They are acceptable

melimango

Post by melimango » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:38 am

Hi. I applied in December and was refused as you can see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=12482 there.
I faxed my appeal on 19th January (over 28 days...) and was refused again based on earnings, yet this time they claimed that I was OK for a DIFFERENT amount than they originally did! Ridiculous.

Timing....

Sent application 7 Dec, payment taken 12 Dec, refused 18 Dec, received 22 Dec (USA). Appeal faxed 19 Jan, refusal made 25 Jan, received 31 Jan.

nakvis

Hello

Post by nakvis » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I just got my Review Request APPROVED. I received the document today!!!

Will be applying for FLR next week.

Time Lines for my In Country Application are:
----------------------------------------------------

1. Initial Application sent: 19th Dec 2006
2. Reached HO: 20 the Dec 2006
3. Refe number received by E-Mail: 21st Dec 2006
4. Case worker allocated: 3rd Jan 2007
5. Decision Made (Reject) & Posted: 4th Jan 2007
6. Letter received: 6th Jan 2007
7. Review Request sent: 8th Jan 2007
8. Reached HO: 9th Jan 2007
9. Review Decison Made and posted: 1st Feb 2007
10. Received the Decision (APPROVAL) Letter: 2nd Feb 2007.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So now another process FLR Starts now.

Thanks

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:30 pm

Wow, thats really great mate! Congrats! :)

nakvis

hELLO

Post by nakvis » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much. I was really not expecting this results looking at the reasons for rejects.....

Thanks

vasumahan
Newly Registered

Congrats nacvis

Post by vasumahan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:54 pm

I would like to know on what basis they have refused u'r application first and what docs u have sent in for review.plz help me soon as mine is the same situation...looking to apply for review.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: hELLO

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:27 am

nakvis wrote:Hi,

Thank you so much. I was really not expecting this results looking at the reasons for rejects.....

Thanks
nakvis

Please share the reason for refusal and also what did you mention in your review application ....

Congrats on you approval ....

All the best for EC as well ....

niruv

Post by niruv » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:48 am

Hi Nakvis,

Congrats for ur approval.

Cheers,
Niruv

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:03 am

Hi,

The reason for my REJECT was....I did not submit the Original Income Tax Returns. I had submitted the Stamped SARAL. Below is the letter I had sent them explaing the process in India for ITR.

Hope this may be useful to someone.....

----------
London,
8th January 2007
To,
The Officer,
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme,
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sub: Reasons for review of my application (HSMP Reference# XXXXXX)

With reference to the above subject, I would request you to review the decision made against my application. The reason for my application refusal as per your letter dated 4th January 2007 is that: “Income Tax Return form I have supplied is not an original.” In this regard, I would like to CONFIRM that the Income Tax Return I have submitted is the ORIGINAL DOCUMENT and also would like to explain the process followed in India for Income Tax Return Document.

1. At the end of the financial year, the employer gives employee, a Form-16 which will have the details about the income received and the tax deductions made during the year.
2. Once Employee receives Form-16, he need to fill up Income-Tax Return form (called SARAL) with his income details and submit the same to Income-Tax office along with Original FORM-16. The SARAL form needs to be filled & submitted in duplicate.
3. Once Income Tax Office receives the SARAL form, they validate the same and return DUPLICATE COPY of the SARAL with a Seal of Income Tax Office (ITO) on it, as acknowledgement and is considered as Original Income Tax Return Document

So in this case, I had submitted the SARAL form I received (For year 2005-2006) from Income Tax Department with a seal of ITO on it along with my initial application. I am resending you the same document for your review.

I am also having my previous Income Tax Returns forms for the years 2003-2004, 2004-2005 in the same format. I would be able to submit the same for your reference / verification if needed.

I am attaching a sample blank SARAL form (which has instructions at the back of it) for your reference. I have highlighted the instruction #1, which confirms the explanation I have given above. (This form can also be downloaded from http://incometaxindia.gov.in/ , which is an official site for Indian Income Tax Department or using the link http://incometaxindia.gov.in/forms/2d.pdf )

I would be grateful if you could review the decision made for my application with this explanation / justification in accordance with the HSMP Programme guidelines.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

----------

tnr
Newly Registered

Post by tnr » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi Nakvis

For Review of application shall we have to send all documents which we sent earlier or only we need provide refusal reason documents?

Could you please provide me what are all the documents you have provided when ur applied for review?

Waiting for ur reply
Thanks in advance.

tnr

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi,

We should not Re-send the document. You can just send the one you are asking them to review. I think in your case...just attach the same SARAL again.

crazyjack
Newly Registered

Application refused

Post by crazyjack » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:53 am

Hi all,

My application has got refused and I am planning for applying review request.

The reason they are saying that "The ITR document I have provided as a proof for past earning dated Apr 2005 to Mar2006 doesn't seems to be original and is a photocopy"

I have scored in all other areas where I had claimed points for.

Please guide for applying review request.

Has anybody got success are applying for review ?

Regards
Jack

nakvis

Hello

Post by nakvis » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:02 am

Hi,

I got my REVIEW APPROVED. Pelase read all my posts in this section....

Regards

crazyjack
Newly Registered

Need information

Post by crazyjack » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:49 am

Hi Navkis,

First of all congratulations for your approval.

I have downloaded the review request form and I am facing problem of typing on the form. The input boxes on the form is not editable.

Secondly if I take a print out and write by pen then the space is not sufficient to put reason elborately. Still somehow I managed to highlight few points.

I am planning to send the letter by Fax, in this case I will not be able to send the cover letter. Still I am sending cover letter putting Reference number on the top hope they will accept it.

I will update about my status of decision on review request.

Thanks buddy. If you have any specific suggestion for my case I would like to have your guidance :)

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi Crazyzack,

You fill the form with PEN as it does not allow to edit. In the comments field mention that....'FIND ATTACHED EXPLANATION'

In the second page...write it as a letter explaing the reasons as I have done....that would be fine....

I would suggest you send it by POST/COURIER if possible and also attach the SARAL you had submitted initially!

Regards

fadi
Newly Registered

got refusal ...pls help

Post by fadi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:57 pm

hello guys

Im From Pakistan

Decision made on 21st feb 2007
refusal recieved on 3 march 2007

Qualifications

points calimed 30 points awarded 30

Previous Earnings

points claimed 40 points awarded 0

Reasons

You stated an income of Rs. 896400

The two pieces of evidence you have supplied do not corroborate as the tax return does not cover the period of the pay claimed. Bank statements covering the period claimed for needed to be supplied.

In line with the piblished guidance, no points have been awarded.

Age assessment

Points claimed 10 points awarded 10

English language requirement

Not met

reasons

You have stated that you have a masters degree equivalent to a uk bachelors degree taught in english.

Whilst a bachelor degree is normally taught over a period of at least three years (during which time a candidate is required to display a level of competence in each four of the areas- listening, reading, writing and speaking- equivalent to ielts 6), higher level degrees cannot be clearly established as being delivered in a manner that would test each of the required elements outlined above.

In line with published guidance, the evidence provided has been assessed as insufficient to meet the english requiremnt.

NOW IN CASE OF PREVIOUS EARNINGS A SUPPLIED THREE RATHER THAN TWO EVIDENCES WHICH WERE MISINTERPRETED BY THE CASE WORKER

A) INCOME TAX RETURN (THE TAX YR IN PAKISTAN IS 1ST JULY TO 30TH JUNE)

B) ORIGINAL WAGE SLIPS COVERING PERIOD CLAIMED FOR I.E. 1ST JAN 2006 TO 31ST DEC 2006

C)LETTER FROM THE EMPLOYER STATING SALARY AS CLAIMED FOR 1ST JAN 2006 TO 31ST DEC 2006 (UNDER EXCEPTIONAL CONMSIDERATION)

THE CASE WORKER JUST COMPLETELY OVERLOOKED THE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER STATING SALRY AS CLAIMED. WHAT AN INJUSTICE. I ALSO CLEARLY WROTE IT IN THE EXCEPTIONAL CONSIDERATION BOX FOR PREVIOUS EARNING THAT MY INCOME TAX RETURN DOES NOT COVER THE PERIOD CLAIMED FOR THEREFORE IM ATTACHING THE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER FOR THE PAY CLAIMED.

I WOULD LIKE U GUYS TO HELP ME PUT THIS FACT INTO WORDS SO I COULD PROVE MYSELF IN THE REVIEW

AS FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT I ATTACHED MY BACHELORS AND MASTERS DEGREE ALONG WITH THE NARIC LETTER THAT MASTER DEGREE IS EQUIVALENT TO UK BACHELORS DEGREE AND MY BACHELORS DEGREE IS EQUIVALENT TO UK'S SCOTTISH HIGHER STANDARD OR GCE STANDARD. I ALSO ATTACHED LETTER FROM THE UNIVERSITY FOR BOTH BACHELOR DEGREE AND MASTER DEGREE THAT THEY WERE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH AS MY UNIVERSITY WAS THE SAME FOR BOTH THE QUALIFICATIONS.

I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONVINCE THEM ON THIS ONE. IM OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE TO MAKE A REVIEW AND QUICK

REGARDS TO ALL