ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complete Your Application Forms in Nitro PDF Reader.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paribus
United Kingdom

Complete Your Application Forms in Nitro PDF Reader.

Post by paribus » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 am

Thought to share this as it's been useful for me. There may be other applications that does the same thing.

Rather than printing out some 40 odds pages (or more if you have dependants) and filling manually, you could open the form in NitroPDFReader and actually fill the form completely, get a chance to review before printing.

This provides a way to submit your application form with consistent and legible typeface - quite useful for those with not so good handwriting and on the overall makes easier for caseworker to read. On the other hand, you also get to keep an electronic copy of your form for reference in future applications.

Visit link below and download the Nitro PDF Reader if you want. The reader version if free.

http://www.nitroreader.com
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

peace26
Newly Registered

Post by peace26 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 am

how can you fill the application form with checkboxes, tried using adobe x and it seemed real pain to type one word in one box making sure its in the middle and all.

does nitro pdf have any other way of filling the form in PDF?

nice32

Post by nice32 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:50 pm

yes there is other way PDF exchange viewer . download it from download.com.
one thing more UKBA accepting this kind of forms? i mean it will not be hand writing.

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Im sure they accept the electronically filled forms as soon as it bears your orginal signatures where required.

The other question is...why bother? unless some psysical disability prevents you from hand-writing?

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Well what's good for the goose may not be for the gander. I had no problems with the electronically filled forms with my application and can't say it made any difference to the case worker. However for me personally, filling 3 dependants forms (for which about 70% of the information were the same), I was able to save time, stress and prevent RSI down the line to some extent by copying and pasting repetitive information.

Also I have an electronic copy of the forms submitted filed away in the cloud if I ever need to make reference to it for ILR application in another 2 years.

Regarding the checkboxes and center-aligning text, yeah it was a little bit tricky initially but nothing major once you get the hang of it and using a reasonably-sized fontface and just a X for the checkboxes, it was a breeze. I don't really see myself hand-filling any of the forms in future except just to sign but then again, that's just me.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Really??? It was easier fussing with trying to align text vs just writing on a piece of paper? I would have preferred submitting the form electronically but the last thing I would want to bother with was to try and align text onto a page or into blocks where it was pretty fast just writing it all out.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 am

It's not really as complex as it seems made out to be and I didn't want to go into much details but would if required. With Nitro reader, once you type a block of text or even a single character (X for checkboxes for example), it becomes a text block that you can drag with the mouse cursor with ease anywhere on the page, copy and paste or edit on another page, expand into multi-line paragraph of text etc. So with regards to alignment, I can't see any effort required beyond the ordinary for this. The real work in my opinion is in typing the text.

Just writing on a piece of paper is not a big deal and may be preferable for most people. Not really for me though as the advantage over having to manually fill some 150+ pages was just too obvious with 4 applicants. Also means I could fill out everything electronically, go over the errors before printing, any errors (likely bound to be filling that number of pages) would have meant rewriting an entire page (I hate to submit forms with Tipexed or crossed entries) or more if writing manually.

Anyway this is not to coerce anyone into using this option, most definitely won't be suitable for all, some may see an advantage and use it, some may not and use what they are comfortable with. Each to his own.

On another note, I think it is only a matter of time before ukba transition to using electronic forms only as the US have been doing for a while for their visa applications. The advantages for them will be in being able to store each sections of the forms in a searchable database, quick data retrieval, less paper-driven process etc - a discussion topic for another day or elsewhere.

peace26
Newly Registered

Post by peace26 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:03 pm

@paribus, i have tried using the Nitro PDF and spent an awful amount of time for one page, however i do thank you for letting everyone know about Nitro PDF as its free.

best