ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born outside of UK -but has ILR- when can apply for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kimleeds
Newly Registered

Child born outside of UK -but has ILR- when can apply for BC

Post by kimleeds » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Morning Every one,

First of all, a very warm thanks to every one as this forum is full of knowledge & advises.

My case is.

I recently got ILR (28/01/2013) for my self & my wife n eldest son [who was born outside of UK]. I have got another two kids who were born in UK.

As per the rule, my 2 kids that were born in UK are eligible for British passport however i m looking to know my eldest son who is living n studying in UK since Dec 2005 & now has got ILR with me e.g. 28th Jan 2013.

Can i apply for his naturalization along with my other 2 kids or do i have to wait for 12 months before i can apply for his naturalization ?

thanks in advance

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Read up on Section3(1) from Home Office website, or from MN1 Guide document.

There is a separate British Citizenship section, post you question there for better response.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

kimleeds
Newly Registered

Post by kimleeds » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Read up on Section3(1) from Home Office website, or from MN1 Guide document.

There is a separate British Citizenship section, post you question there for better response.
thanks for the reply - so nice of you, I will post this question there to get more & better response

again thanks for the reply

cheers

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm

The born abroad child can apply when one of his parents apply for BC. Not when his siblings apply.

See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Children.

kimleeds
Newly Registered

Post by kimleeds » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Jambo wrote:The born abroad child can apply when one of his parents apply for BC. Not when his siblings apply.

See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Children.
Thanks Jambo for the reply

However i was looking for the info specific to my case, my child arrives to UK in Oct 2006 & all his schooling has occured in UK & currently he is in class 4 & is aged 9yrs now.

I checked on UKBA site & was woundering does my child fall in this category

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... thercases/

further i also tried to search on http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61

but was unable to find the info that i m looking for(its too many things in their ) & was unable to find the rite info for my case

regarding the links you have mentioned 9.17 ]

I have red this section, 9.17.11 & all -- the way the circumstances are -- I have to wait for atleast 12 months before i can apply for his naturilization

the reason i was keen to do it now is because its cheaper as compare to the other route

I got 3 kids --two UK born & one outside of UK-- if i apply for all then it will be £827 + £276 = £1103 + passport fees

otherwise

£ 827 now & after 12 months two adults £1317 & 1 child £551 = £1868
+ cermoney fee £80 X 2 + passport fee

so thats why i was looking to get the neturilization of my kids now & after 12 months me n wife will apply

thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Just apply all of you together when you apply then you will benefit from the cheaper fee for the 3 children.

kimleeds
Newly Registered

Post by kimleeds » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 am

Jambo wrote:Just apply all of you together when you apply then you will benefit from the cheaper fee for the 3 children.
Thanks Jumbo

Yes thats my option "B" -- to wait for next 12 months (d only issue here is they will not be able to travel out of the country as they do not have passport)

Option A is -- to find a way that i can apply for all 3 kids now

but any way -- i will see what i can do -- thanks for ur help n advise

Best regards

kimleeds

Laxman

Post by Laxman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 pm

There is no way to apply 3 kids together now since you got your ILR recently.