ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Country HSMP Application - From WP - Documents Required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SSUK

In Country HSMP Application - From WP - Documents Required

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:05 am

I am currently on WP
I work as I.T Project Manager & have been working in Uk since last 4 years on W.P.
Need to apply for in country HSMP Application:-
Below are list of document i am thinking to apply with , please somebody verify for me or assist me:-

A cover letter detailing all sections & point clamied for:-

For Qualification :-
original Degree of bachelor of engineering
MCSD certifications

For Past Earnings:-
All Wage Slips
Bank Statements
Appointment letter with current employer
A letter from current employer stating my designation & Salary

For Age:-
Copy of passport notrazed from country embassy

For Past UK Experience:-
Appointment letter with current employer
A letter from current employer stating my designation & Salary

I am also planning to attach a copy of my current work permit.

,please somebody also guide meor point me to some references ,how do you arrange all document

Any help in above matter will be agreat help...

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:02 am

english proficiency?

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:05 am

original Degree of bachelor of engineering is in English & i have been working in country since 4-5 years on techinical work permit, is it sufficent ?

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:30 am

SSUK wrote:original Degree of bachelor of engineering is in English & i have been working in country since 4-5 years on techinical work permit, is it sufficent ?
No.

Sit for ILETS. Its damn easy. You need to score Band 6.0 atleast.

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 am

But I have been taught in English throughout my life, and my Bachelors of engineering is in English, so still ILTS is mandatory?

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:56 am

Do you have a proof that you were taught in english ? What proofs you have ?

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:58 pm

English version of Degree .
And i have been working in contry for last 4-5 years ??

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:10 pm

i know this sounds crazy... but i graduated from boston university in the US (BA). one would ASSUME that this is a degree taught in english.

however, i had to request a letter from my uni stating very clearly that i, meggles, graduated on this date, with this degree, and that all of my coursework was in english. it took about 2 weeks to get this from the uni, becuase at first they had no idea what to do with me... they'd never been asked before.

it is clearly stated on the application that you must prove your english profiency. this is done by sending a letter from uni that states that your degree was in english OR via ILTES Exam.

IF YOU CANNOT PROVE THIS, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DENIED. (regardless of the number of poitns you have elsewhere)

Rich ZA

Post by Rich ZA » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:19 pm

The length of time you have been in country has no bearing on your assessed English ability.

As far as the caseworker knows you could have been working and living with friends who speak a different language and thus have never needed to prove your english competence in all four facets of the language, Reading, Writing, Speaking and Comprehension.

If time is tight, write the ILTS test, if you have spare time get a university letter.

Depressingly simple I'm afraid.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:21 pm

Take out time to search the forum. This sort of question(s) is answered many times.

Read the application guidelines. You'll know what all documents you need to submit. Don't assume that alternatives will work because you "think" they will.

It's your future buddy, you'll need to do some groundwork :wink:

regards

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

SSUK wrote:English version of Degree .
And i have been working in contry for last 4-5 years ??
You can have english version of a degree taken in BA(sanskrit) as well.

You will be given points to have worked in UK. (optional)

But you need to prove your english competency (not optional)

Research a bit more and then apply as suggested by others.

:) It looks by your posts your english is good :) but HO won't agree ;)

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:51 pm

Please somebody can summarise for me, that IELTS is required, even if i can provide all other documents?

As i have got Bachelor of Engineering, which is taught in English. I got my degree certificate in English

I have been working on technical work permit in I.T since 4-5 years, working on high bracket salary, working as Project Manager ,does it still not suffice ?

Any comments from moderators will be a great help, as all points are view points

Thanks to all for helping me out...

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:27 am

SSUK

Here's a summary of what you need.

Income proof -
* P60 (Tax return for 2005-06) eventhough it does not cover entire financial year
* Salary slips for 12 montsh
* If possible, get a letter from your employer saying that you earned xxxxx.xx amount during the last 12 months. Get the exact GROSS PAY you got paid mentioned.
* Bank statements for 12 months

Educational qualification -
* Your original degree certificate

English language requirement -
* If you can IELTS, that's the best option.
* Otherwise, you can get a letter from your university which can confirm that you studied in that university from so and so date to so and so date. The medium of instruction (both spoken and written) was in English. You can supply this as evidence if you do not want to spend 100 odd pounds for IELTS.

UK experience -
No additional evidence required. HO will use the evidence already provided to give you points.

COVERING LETTER:

Probably, the most important document. Even if you have evidence to claim full points, it is important to close any loop holes that HO can pick on.

In my case, even though I submitted 12 month salary slips, bank statements, etc, they rejected saying, they could not verify earnings for 1st 6 months on bank statement. As salary was paid in cheque for these months, bank statement did not show a company name but just sort code of the cheque''s bank. So, a thought to your application. Think from HO's view. Will they not understand something ? Give an explanation.

If you do this, you should be ok.

Good luck.

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:39 pm

First of all thanks to everyone for helping me out....

Out of all documents mentioned , i can supply everything except letter from my university at this point.
I will have to arraneg for letter from home country & which will delay application by atleast 3-4 weeks,as i don't have IELTS also...

I was told by one of my good freind ,who had got HSMP ,2 years back that if you are workin gon technical work permit in field of I.T , absence of this document doesn't create any issues...

But certanliy ,looking at guidance notes & responses from all ,it doesn't seems that way...

I have recevied 3 letters from employer ,which cover up all other things.

Can i submit any alternative for english language ?

BTW My degree is issued in English...

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:05 pm

A lot of people have repeated as to what you need to submit. Repeating the question won't change answers, mate.

To put it politely, please ask your friend to arrange a letter for english or IELTS as he is going to need for his HSMP extension. Do him this favour. Also, he needs to know about the new rules.

What I would suggest you is download the latest HSMP form and guidance notes and start filling each section one by one. Everything will become crystal clear.

Also, submiting your application without P60 is a bit risky.

There is no alternative to prove your english competency.

I hope it helps.

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:21 am

Thanks a lot for your help...