ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 5 years continuous earnings

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunny Ali
Newly Registered

ILR 5 years continuous earnings

Post by Sunny Ali » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi,

Can you please help me with the decision.

I have came here on HSMP in 2008 and extended in 2010 declaring £ 32 K to extend my stay as Tier-1 General.

Do we have to maintain the same earning in next three years or we just need to prove the same amount in last year.

General comments and comments from lawyer shall be anticipated.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sunny Ali

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR 5 years continuous earnings

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Sunny Ali wrote: Do we have to maintain the same earning in next three years or we just need to prove the same amount in last year.
Neither. You just need to score the points necessary to qualify based on the rules that apply to you. There is no requirement that you earn the same amount every year during your 5 year residence period.

Sunny Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny Ali » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm

HI Thanks Cs95tdg,

My lawyer has a point of view that as being on HSMP home office expected you to maintain the level of income to have an edge on the CW.

Please expedite as I have told him that there is no such condition so far.

Regards,
Sunny Ali

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:09 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking me to expedite. What I stated before remains the same. If your lawyer is stating something different, I can only say he is misinformed.

I'd urge you to read the the Tier1 General requirements for ILR, if you need confirmation. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

If your application is straight-forward you may want to consider making the application yourself, after reading the relevant SET(O) form, guidance and immigration rules. And use this forum to clarify any doubts you have.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:07 pm

If your case is straightforward I think it is possible to do it by yourself ,
I did it by myself thanks to this forum and guidelines given by HO.

I initially contacted a Lawyer but I was given some information which was not in line with the HO guidelines. And if I listened to those I would not have been able to apply in person and would be still waiting g for my ILR, (thank god I ditched him thanks to this forum),

To answer your query from little I know you have to follow the guidelines and meet the points that are required based on your current visa to be considered for ILR. May be reading this would help you,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

From the little I know, whether your current salary is lower that your extension is not an issue as long as you have the salary required to claim minimum of 75 points combined (Qualification,age,UK Experience ETC.),

Hope this helps towrds your understanding,

---------------------------------------

Information and Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or legal advice where necessary.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:12 pm

MP1982 wrote:as long as you have the salary required to claim minimum of 75 points combined (Qualification,age,UK Experience ETC.),
The number of points required, will vary depending on when you made your first T1G application and the rules that were in place at the time. I.e. it could be 75 or 80, depending on the rules that apply to you.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Thank you for the correction GURU..Appreciate...

Sunny Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny Ali » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:36 am

Granted with an ilr in liverpol poe. Thanks for all ur responses.