ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa application fiance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

girl1085
Newly Registered

visa application fiance

Post by girl1085 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi
I am just posting to see if anyone can give me some advice on my situation as I am quite clueless about the whole visa thing, despite spending hours on the relevant websites etc.

I am a 21 year old full-time student at a London University. I have an Argentine boyfriend, and we are looking to get him a visa over here in England. The only option available to us is a fiance visa, which we are ok with (we are comfortable getting married, just not about getting forced into it). I live with my dad and step-mum in London, and they are fine about him living in our house until we can afford to rent something. I don't work and my boyfriend hasn't had a long-term job, he recently dropped out of university and has generally done casual work. He has about 5'000 pounds in savings but speaks little english. He can't afford the fees that would come with a student visa, as he would need to work (he can't work for the 1st 6 months and I understand that he should get a visa after 6 months of being in the UK- is this definite?). Also, considering the situation, would my dad have to give evidence, and if so. what kind?

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help you can give

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:03 pm

If your dad was going to be a financial sponsor he would need to provide a declarations saying so and all his financial details such as 3-6 months bank statements, mortgage statements any savings or shares he has. Also a letter from him saying he is happy for your boyf to live in the house and your dad will probably have to give info on the house such as how many rooms etc.

The fiance visa is valid for 6 months and in that time you must get married.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:21 pm

BATS wrote:If your dad was going to be a financial sponsor he would need to provide a declarations saying so and all his financial details such as 3-6 months bank statements, mortgage statements any savings or shares he has. Also a letter from him saying he is happy for your boyf to live in the house and your dad will probably have to give info on the house such as how many rooms etc.

The fiance visa is valid for 6 months and in that time you must get married.
And u must have met him. Obvious I know but a surprising amount havent!

girl1085
Newly Registered

Post by girl1085 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:31 pm

thanks ha yes we lived together for a year but it doesnt seem to count for much. does my dad have to give financial details even if he is only providing accomodation? just want to make sure before i make him hand over his bank statements :?
thanks

BATS

Post by BATS » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:42 pm

Well if he is going to be assisting in the financial support of him until he has his spouse visa then yes you would need his financial info. If you are his main sponsor then you will need to provide all your financial info.

girl1085
Newly Registered

Post by girl1085 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:31 pm

thanks alot for the help i have 1 more question... ukvisa website says the applicant can stay for 2 years after the marriage IF their application for the spouse visa is accepted.. does that mean you could get the fiance visa, get married, then not get accepted for the 2 year visa?! and if anyone has experience of it, does the 2nd application take a long time and can the applicant then work legally? i hope i expressed myself clearly enough

thanks

girl1085
Newly Registered

Post by girl1085 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:12 pm

girl1085 wrote:thanks alot for the help i have 1 more question... ukvisa website says the applicant can stay for 2 years after the marriage IF their application for the spouse visa is accepted.. does that mean you could get the fiance visa, get married, then not get accepted for the 2 year visa?! and if anyone has experience of it, does the 2nd application take a long time and can the applicant then work legally? i hope i expressed myself clearly enough

thanks
ok ive actually answered my own question by browsing the site, thanks for the help from those who posted, it was really helpful x