ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bangtidy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

PSW to Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR

Post by Bangtidy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello everyone.
I have been reading this for a while and could not find anyone in a similar kinda position that I am, therefore decided I shall register and pose my question here and hoping to find some answers from the experts.
I am on PSW currently and one year away from ILR. I was wondering if I can apply for student for one year and then voila !! get my ILR.. but wait it is not that simple I have successfully obtained a PhD (which is level 8 qualification) I want to pursue MBA as I have always wanted to business which is my first love and always had been and that would equip me with the right skills in my field.
The trouble is MBA is level 7. I have to justify my academic progression to the University. If I do get my CAS letter how easy is it to obtain a student visa on that basis.
If I get rejected (I hope not) for obtaining student visa, can I still go down the route of Tier 1 Entrepreneur?
your advice and opinions will be much appreciated
thank you all

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:07 pm

How many years have you spent studying al degree level or above in the UK?

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 pm

I am amazed about ur query coz ur question contained answer in it. As u said u cannt study more after phd so that door is closed for u.
Its good chance to go fr entrepreneur and cover ur required term for ILR.
Hpe that bit information will be satisfactory fr ur kind consideration
Rizmir

onewin

Re: PSW to Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR

Post by onewin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 am

I am not sure but I think PSW period is not consider for ILR.
Can any one please confirm.
Bangtidy wrote:Hello everyone.
I have been reading this for a while and could not find anyone in a similar kinda position that I am, therefore decided I shall register and pose my question here and hoping to find some answers from the experts.
I am on PSW currently and one year away from ILR. I was wondering if I can apply for student for one year and then voila !! get my ILR.. but wait it is not that simple I have successfully obtained a PhD (which is level 8 qualification) I want to pursue MBA as I have always wanted to business which is my first love and always had been and that would equip me with the right skills in my field.
The trouble is MBA is level 7. I have to justify my academic progression to the University. If I do get my CAS letter how easy is it to obtain a student visa on that basis.
If I get rejected (I hope not) for obtaining student visa, can I still go down the route of Tier 1 Entrepreneur?
thank you all

Bangtidy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Bangtidy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:30 pm

rizmir wrote:I am amazed about ur query coz ur question contained answer in it. As u said u cannt study more after phd so that door is closed for u.
Its good chance to go fr entrepreneur and cover ur required term for ILR.
Hpe that bit information will be satisfactory fr ur kind consideration
there is no need to be amazed Rizmir. One can study even after PhD as long as they can justify progression and I have even done that because now I already have a approval from one university.
My query is, if Homeoffice are not convinced with my justification and decided to reject my application. can I go down the Tier 1 entrepreneur route after being rejected.
So very near, yet seems far.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: PSW to Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Bangtidy wrote:Hello everyone.
thank you all
How long you been on student visa in last 8 years ? yes you can show progression and get visa but how will you convince after doing PHD you want to do MBA?

please read this link below as one of the user ecis_sonia has given very useful information similar to your case.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125710

regards

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:30 pm

PSW period will be counted towards ILR.

After PHD you may find a course to show progression but UKBA are very unlikely to offer you anymore time to study as there is a timeline cap.

onewin

Post by onewin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:11 pm

According to UKBA website

Form SET(O)

Form SET(O) is for many other types of settlement applications. You can currently use form SET(O) if you are in one of the following immigration categories and you have been living in the UK in a relevant category for 5 years:

Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system (excluding the Post-study work category of Tier 1)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tiontypes/

I am not sure if you are referring to any other section.

educators

Post by educators » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 pm

onewin wrote:According to UKBA website

Form SET(O)

Form SET(O) is for many other types of settlement applications. You can currently use form SET(O) if you are in one of the following immigration categories and you have been living in the UK in a relevant category for 5 years:

Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system (excluding the Post-study work category of Tier 1)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tiontypes/

I am not sure if you are referring to any other section.

Your above mentioned reference clearly says that this category is for 5 years which means it is not applicable if you are applying for long residence under 10 years category. Any valid visa whether it is visit, student, psw or anything else is valid for 10 years ILR eligibility. Please check link below for further details:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

manchi_boi
BANNED

Post by manchi_boi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 pm

thats correct, it really dosent matter onwhich catagory u lived in before, all it matters is ur lived 10 years legally... thats it, recently ma freind got ILR on 10 years, he studied 8 years and two years PSW, got ILR straightway no objection nuffin...

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:31 pm

But now, you can't study like that (e.g. 8 years). You have to switch categories in order to complete 10 years ILR requirement.
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------