ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help in naturalization/citizenship/ncs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

voot
Newly Registered

Please help in naturalization/citizenship/ncs

Post by voot » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi,

I Got my ILR by 03 sep 2005.(WP basis 4years)

How do i proceed furthur from here.

life in uk exam?
NCS?
Home office?

which one i have to contact first?

tell me when i am eligible for applying these things?

we are expecting a new baby in sep 2006. will it be useful to wait till baby born or apply now?

please help me out!

voot

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:17 pm

You would be eligible to apply for naturalisation in sep06. For rest, read through this post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=8511

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:23 pm

You haven't said precisely when you arrived, voot, so I'll leave you to do the arithmetic....

Before you can apply for naturalisation, you need to have been in UK for five years, and you need to have had ILR for at least one year. In calculating the five year period, you need to have been in UK on a specific day exactly five years before you submit the application. Download Guide and Form AN(NEW) from here on the IND website. Also see fees note, here.

You can take the life in UK test any time - so start studying now, so you're fully equipped to apply as soon as you meet the residence requirements....

Because you already have ILR, your baby (born in UK) will be a British citizen whether you have naturalised by then or not, so there's no need to rush things in order to make sure you're British before the happy event.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi voot,

You'll be eligible to apply for citizenship after you have had ILR for 12 months, ie from September 3rd 2006.

You'll need to pass the "Life in the UK" test, but can do that anytime beforehand - get it done now so it's one thing less to worry about in September.

I stand to be corrected but offhand I think that a baby born to British parents is automatically a British citizen in which case you're probably best off applying after the birth. Not sure about that tho- no doubt someone will jump in with an informed opinion.

Read this recent thread for more info, and browse around the 'sticky' threads for a lot of good advice ...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 7d76a8a2b6

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:33 pm

..err, I meant BEFORE the birth :-)

But it seems it doesnt matter, judging from what ppron747 said..

voot
Newly Registered

Is there any changes in naturalisation process?

Post by voot » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:11 am

Hi Friends

Thanks for your reply on my earlier message.

Could you please update me any changes in naturalisation process?

As told earlier, i got my ILR in 3 sep 2005.

I came to Uk on 2001.

Thanks

voot

JAJ
Australia

Re: Is there any changes in naturalisation process?

Post by JAJ » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:29 am

voot wrote: Could you please update me any changes in naturalisation process?

As told earlier, i got my ILR in 3 sep 2005.

I came to Uk on 2001.
What exactly are you asking about? Have you looked at the information on naturalisation on the Home Office IND website?

You need to take the Life in the UK Test: http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:45 pm

Having just gone through the naturalisation process, I can tell you that if you have all the correct documentation and you meet all the requirements the process is very straightforward and simple.

The information you're looking for is here
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Dawie wrote:Having just gone through the naturalisation process, I can tell you that if you have all the correct documentation and you meet all the requirements the process is very straightforward and simple.
It is not always fast though, even in straightforward cases.