ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i be dependent after leave curtailed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neel1818
Newly Registered

can i be dependent after leave curtailed

Post by neel1818 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I am student in uk. my visa was till jan 2013 . my college closed in jan 2012. i wrote this two time to UKBA For change in address by post . but did not received any letter till aug 2012.i called on helpline no and they suggested to send fax to ukba with all details.i did so then received one letter 0n 7 nov2012 stating that your leave curtailed and you have to leave country before june2012(this letter send to college on 16april2012 but college did not informed me ). I recived letter after june so I worte again to ukba about this they ask me proof of posting of previous letter . I provided proof of posting then they ask recorded delivery details stating that letter received by ukba office about my adress change . I don’t have this copy now i am having only proof of posting . I already left uk on 20 jan2013 I am currently in India . I married in uk brent council on 27 nov2012 before coming back to India .
(my husband visa tier1 valid till june 2014 then he will apply for indefinite leave )Can I apply as his dependent from India despite of above curtailed issue(overstayed )?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Try reading this I think you will find it hard to return as a dependant
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
pennyless

neel1818
Newly Registered

Post by neel1818 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:00 pm

thank you for link send by you.but i not got opportunity to deal with my curtail details ...
1. i received letter in nov 2012 (letter was dated 16 april and leave suggested was june). so out of my control ready date passed.
2.at least i should get chance for fresh application in same category .
3. not my personal life affected bcoz my husband in uk i am in india due to all this . to keep relationship live he has to leave uk an come back to india .

is there any option to this issue.?