ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC as a Work Permit Holder for 5 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babe1
Newly Registered

EC as a Work Permit Holder for 5 years

Post by babe1 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 am

I have applied for EC last year upon the issuance of my work permit and was refused because I had overstayed and lied at the interview as I was nervous and unprepared. In the refusal letter on the 14th December 2006:

'I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that your application meets the requirements of paragraph 320 of the Immigration Rules HC395), and in particular that:
(11) you have not failed to observe the time limit and conditions attached to a previous grant of leave to enter the UK; and
(15) whether or not to your knowledge, false representations have been made or material facts have not been disclosed for the purpose of obtaining an immigration employment document.'

I had the right to appeal and am waiting for the appeal to proceed.

I have hired an immigration adviser to deal with my case and he has mentioned that they should not be confiscating work permits in the interview and they have no right to undermine the decision of the Work Permits (UK).

I have applied for a second EC application and have been called in for another interview on the 8th March 2007.

I am preparing for my next interview and would be grateful if anyone can give me some insight as to what will be asked at the interview.

Can you shake their hands?
Can you ask for their names?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

PPra

Post by PPra » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Can you shake their hands?
No you cannot shake hands with them as there is a glass frame!
Can you ask for their names?
Depends! But they may refuse to tell their name which may make you feel a little uneasy, or even if they do tell their name, it wont help you much!

The best is to maintain your composure! And if they have called you for another interview, it means they are willing to give you another opportunity to put your case before them.

I would suggest, that you should not re-narrate your story without their asking about it. If they have called you for the interview, then let them first ask the questions. And then answer them to the point, honestly and sincerely.

I am sure, with this they wud be able to see the truth behind the case and will be able to decide accordingly.

Wishing you all the best.

PPra
Last edited by PPra on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

babe1
Newly Registered

Post by babe1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:31 am

hanks PPra,

I am still feeling the nerves because I cannot anticipate the questions that they are going to ask and I am expecting the worst. The first interview was a nightmare and I do not want to go through it all over again.

When they asked you if you were nervous, what was your answer?

If they ask, why should I be going back to the UK when I can stay back and work after having 2 years of WHM experience?

Why have I lied to the ECO in the first interview?

Will they still refuse me on the same grounds? My immigration adviser has carefully outlined that it was punitive of them to refuse me on a minor overstaying and I can verify that the WP was genuine.

Can they challenge the explanation of an OISC registered immigration adviser?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Now I think I really need to look for that chill pill that everyone's been taking!!

babe1
Newly Registered

Post by babe1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:31 am

I meant Thanks PPra.

PPra

Post by PPra » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am

No! No!

You are overtly nervous! You will have to muster strength to face this!
I am sure, if you think systematically you will be able to figure out what kind of questions they might ask you.

Read your case documents that you have submitted to the ECO carefully. The questions come from them only.

Have a genuine explantion of why you over stayed before.

When they asked me about if I was nervous, they knew the answer! I had maintained the composure and behaved confidently but at the same time I didnt hasitate in saying that yes a little as I had to wait a lot for this visa.
You have to be honest! Why lie on that?

On why you want to go back to UK? Read your permit documents. What does that say? Why have you been provided that permit? You want to go to UK for the same reasons for which you got the permit. So keep that simple and short!.

Can they challenge the explanation of an OISC registered immigration adviser?
I dont have much idea about that. But what I can say frm my experience is that they go by the rules. Check out the exact wording of the immigration act under the section relating to you like section 135A or whatver has been mentioned in their letter. Try to understand that and prepare your answer accordingly.

The interview will revolve around the facts that you have mentioned in your docuements and what rules they have to follow in allowing or refusing you the visa. So have a very good understanding of the both.
I hope that shall be able to get you more confident.

With best wishes
PPra

babe1
Newly Registered

Post by babe1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:34 am

Ok I am trying to calm my nerves as I still have 4 days to go.

Thank you very much for your words of wisdom.

Can you tell me how you prepared for the interview besides familiarizing yourself with the documents that were submitted with the application?

Did you have to wait for a long time before they called you in for the interview?

Mine will be on a first come first served basis.

Thank you

PPra

Post by PPra » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 am

Can you tell me how you prepared for the interview besides familiarizing yourself with the documents that were submitted with the application?
No, I didnt do anything more than keeping myself calm and focused in addition to recalling the detailed facts of my case.
Did you have to wait for a long time before they called you in for the interview?
Ya, I had to wait for around two- three hours. Though I too had a first come first served interview.

Regards
PPra

babe1
Newly Registered

Post by babe1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:06 am

Thank you PPra for your replies and well wishes. I will do my best in the interview.