ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 2 British passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mel2012
Newly Registered

Section 2 British passport application

Post by Mel2012 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello Guys!

I am in a process to apply British passport. I am a bit confuse with the Question in Section 2 Maiden/Previous name? Just want to clarify if I will put my name at Birth as my previous name? I am currently using my married name now.
Thanks!

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Section 2 British passport application

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Mel2012 wrote:Hello Guys!

I am in a process to apply British passport. I am a bit confuse with the Question in Section 2 Maiden/Previous name? Just want to clarify if I will put my name at Birth as my previous name? I am currently using my married name now.
Thanks!
Yes, you put your maiden name.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Mel2012
Newly Registered

Re: Section 2 British passport application

Post by Mel2012 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:01 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Mel2012 wrote:Hello Guys!

Thanks!
Yes, you put your maiden name.
Shall I leave it blank?

You see in my country we drop our maiden name when we got married. I will site sample name here..

This is a sample married name

Surname: Smith
First name and Middle name: Maria Lopez

Name at Birth: Maria Lanzarote Lopez--- The Lanzarote will not never exist if I am married..

I am confuse weather to put Maiden or previous name was my name at Birth.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:25 pm

I get what you are saying. But, I think it's your maiden name. What did you write for your Naturalisation application? Even there they give you two options.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Mel2012
Newly Registered

Post by Mel2012 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm

vinitmanu wrote:I get what you are saying. But, I think it's your maiden name. What did you write for your Naturalisation application? Even there they give you two options.
The names written to my naturalisation is my married name and there is name at birth mentioned as well.