ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excess absences in the final year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudeepforu
Newly Registered

Excess absences in the final year

Post by sudeepforu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I have ILR, However I might have to be outside UK for 4-5 months in the final year.

I know that I will not qualify for final year if I have absences more than 90 days.

Is it feasible for me to apply for citizenship after I come back and spend 12 more months for citizenship

or

Do I have to apply exactly after 1 year of ILR?

Thank You

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Excess absences in the final year

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 pm

sudeepforu wrote:Hi Guys,

I have ILR, However I might have to be outside UK for 4-5 months in the final year.

I know that I will not qualify for final year if I have absences more than 90 days.

Is it feasible for me to apply for citizenship after I come back and spend 12 more months for citizenship

or

Do I have to apply exactly after 1 year of ILR?

Thank You
You don't 'have' to apply for Naturalisation. You can apply at any point after 1 year on ILR. Of course, given that you meet all the standard requirements.
Last edited by vinitmanu on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

sudeepforu
Newly Registered

Post by sudeepforu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Cool, Thank You