ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport with UAE resident Permit

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ya75khan
Newly Registered

Passport with UAE resident Permit

Post by ya75khan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 pm

HI Guys I would be obliged if you can provide some answers to my situation.

I am a British Citizen and my wife is Pakistani national. We got married in 2008 in UAE.
I applied for her spouse visa and moved back to UK in 2010. We arrived on 13 April, 2010. However after staying only for a week we had to go back and we returned back on 3th June 2010. Since then she has hardly travelled outside UK.

I applied for her ILR last year on the basis of her Entry on 13 April 2010 which was granted. This year I now have to apply for her Citizenship.

Q1. I know that person has to be in UK exactly three years before the application. My wife was in UK from 13th April to 20th April 2010.
I am thinking if I apply for NCS appointment on 13 of April this year, her application should reach Home Office with a week at max hence fulfilling the condition that she was in UK when the application was made. Can you please confirm this thinking or advise accordingly?

Q2. We are now going back to UAE. My wife would stay till her application is lodged for citizenship and then join me in UAE. NCS would return her passport and she can then travel while my solicitor will keep an eye on the application. Question is if I get the UAE resident permit stamped on her passport before NCS appointment, would it create a problem for her application? by implying that she want to live outside UK after citizenship?

Many thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 pm

You can't apply on behalf of your wife. She needs to make the application herself.

1. This should work.
2. For a spouse of BC, there is no requirement for her to live in the UK once becoming British.

ya75khan
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ya75khan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks for the quick reply

for Question number 2. I have learned that one of the conditions required for application is that applicant intend to live in the UK and make UK their home.

would this point create a problem if UAE resident permit is stamped on her passport?

Thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Thanks

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:50 pm

ya75khan wrote:for Question number 2. I have learned that one of the conditions required for application is that applicant intend to live in the UK and make UK their home.
As I said,
Jambo wrote:For a spouse of BC, there is no requirement for her to live in the UK once becoming British.