ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR points vs HSMP Extension points

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

ILR points vs HSMP Extension points

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi seaniors although I am sure that an applicant needs to score 75 points to get his ilr approved (I am talking about those applicants for whom the minimum total 75 points are required and not for those who need minimum 80 points for their extension or ilr applications)
So if an applicant scored 80 points during his initial application of HSMP and he scored the same 80 points during his HSMP extension application(he scored 5 extra points because of his income band, although the minimum points requirement was 75 for him in his both times applications)
Now my question is, does he still has to maintain those 80 points during his ilr application? I personally think that he is not required to fulfil the same 80 points requirement. I mean he does not need to get 5 points extra during his ilr application as he got in his previous two applications.
This confusion arose because of the statement of one my known advisor who advised to fulfil same 80 points criteria.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 pm

There is no requirement that a Tier 1 General Migrant needs to maintain the same number of points he scored for his T1G applications when subsequently applying for ILR. So your known advisor, is incorrect/misinformed.

All I would say is that you make sure you understand the correct number of points you need to score, to qualify (75 or 80), based on the rules in place at the time when you made your initial T1G application.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 pm

I need to qualify 75 points.
My very first hsmp application was approved dated 12/03/2008 and I got HSMP extension dated 26/03/2010.
Can you confirm please by keeping in view my above applications dates that I am right in my opinion of qualifying minimum. 75 points during my ilr application?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Yes, but see to confirm this for yourself: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nt/points/

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Nice one, as copied from the official website...I can see it's very clear

How many points do you need?
You will need to score a total of 75 points if you first successfuly applied before 19 July 2010 for permission to enter or remain in the UK as:

a highly skilled migrant
a writer, composer or artist
a self-employed lawyer
a Tier 1 (General) migrant.

If you first successfully applied under Tier 1 (General) on or after 19 July 2010, and you were not previously in one of the categories listed above, you will need to score a total of 80 points.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.