ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In new policy,,,can they call for interview ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaiser

In new policy,,,can they call for interview ?

Post by Kaiser » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi
Any body knows,,,,is there any chance for interview with in country with new rules????

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 pm

yes they can if they want.....
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 pm

yes

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: In new policy,,,can they call for interview ?

Post by rehan01 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:21 am

Kaiser wrote:Hi
Any body knows,,,,is there any chance for interview with in country with new rules????

Ofcourse they can and they definitely will and I wont be surprised at all if they start calling everyone one by one (less chance of doing that) but not impossible either.

regards

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:32 am

rehan01 wrote:

Ofcourse they can and they definitely will and I wont be surprised at all if they start calling everyone one by one (less chance of doing that) but not impossible either.

regards
Hi Rehan
Before applying T1 i was a tier4 student so m working 20hrz but now i m working full time nd planning to start our own shop in after getting decion
The question is that can i work full time now or not if i work what can they chek m also paying tax nd national insurance
Thnx

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Kaiser wrote:
rehan01 wrote:

regards
Hi Rehan
Before applying T1 i was a tier4 student so m working 20hrz but now i m working full time nd planning to start our own shop in after getting decion
The question is that can i work full time now or not if i work what can they chek m also paying tax nd national insurance
Thnx

Your Last leave to remain was Tier 4 and it only allows you 20 hours work per week so if you are working full time than you are breach of immigration law. (unless you have completed you degree etc, As far as I know you are allowed to work fulltime during holiday / term break or after completing your degree if you have couple of months you can work full time)

If you have completed degree and waiting results than get a letter from institution that you have finish and waiting results and allowed to work fulltime.

regards

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:00 am

I think the chances are quite slim. They will only invite for interview if there is something very obviously suspicious.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:10 am

They can call for interview at any time at their discretion.

They generally want to check:
- Your English skills
- Your awareness about Entrepreneur Visa route
- Your history (if there are any anomalies)

So, no need to worry. They won't suck the life out of you. Just be genuine and you're good to go.
Last edited by esic_sonia on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 am

esic_sonia wrote:They can call for interview at any time at their discretion.

They generally want to check:
- Your English skills
- Your awareness about Entrepreneur Visa route
- Your history (if there are any anomalies)

So, no need to worry. They won't suck the life out of you. Just be genuine and you'll good to go.
Totally agree with you as long as you know what you doing there is nothing to worry about.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Just wanted to share one experience I happen to know somehow.

UKBA called one person (in some south asian country) for interview. When visa officer started asking questions, the applicant was totally MUTE the whole time. The UKBA officer was actually begging that person to at least speak one English word so that he could grant him visa (of course ... sarcastically).

Due to these incidents, Interviews are becoming very much part of visa issuing procedure (just like US)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 pm

esic_sonia wrote:Just wanted to share one experience I happen to know somehow.

UKBA called one person (in some south asian country) for interview. When visa officer started asking questions, the applicant was totally MUTE the whole time. The UKBA officer was actually begging that person to at least speak one English word so that he could grant him visa (of course ... sarcastically).

Due to these incidents, Interviews are becoming very much part of visa issuing procedure (just like US)
I personally think its very good idea to call people for interview so atleast they can't just refuse anyone on based of papers we submitted .... I knw its a bit of pain to go and attend the interview traveling etc but to be honest we need visas to live n work in this country so we gota do it and its good atleast we can talk and explain and answer the questions they ask and clear the doubt they have and if someone is abusing the system will be out of scene straight away.

But to be honest this waiting is killing