ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stupid NCS worker make me worried!! give me some advice Pls

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alish60

Stupid NCS worker make me worried!! give me some advice Pls

Post by Alish60 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Today I applied for BC as a spouse of a BC trough NCS, My marriage Is legal Turkish marriage, I have got the marriage certificate which is according to the Turkish Marriage Act 1951 and is stamped by the registrar and the mayor. I used this marriage certificate when I applied for spouse visa and had no problem, actually I was given Indefinite Leave to Entre. today she looked at it and said I am not sure whether this marriage certificate is valid for nationality reasons. I am worried and do not know if she is right or not.
Also I gave them a certified copy of my BC wife's passport and also a copy of her naturalization certificate which I got from national archive, again she said I am not sure if these are good enough.
Could you please tell me what your comment is? :cry: :cry:

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 am

If it's good enough for a spouse visa, then it should be good enough for naturalisation. Same law relating to foreign marriages should be applicable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

REGISTRATION

Re: Stupid NCS worker make me worried!! give me some advice

Post by REGISTRATION » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 am

Alish60 wrote:Today I applied for BC as a spouse of a BC trough NCS, My marriage Is legal Turkish marriage, I have got the marriage certificate which is according to the Turkish Marriage Act 1951 and is stamped by the registrar and the mayor. I used this marriage certificate when I applied for spouse visa and had no problem, actually I was given Indefinite Leave to Entre. today she looked at it and said I am not sure whether this marriage certificate is valid for nationality reasons. I am worried and do not know if she is right or not.
Also I gave them a certified copy of my BC wife's passport and also a copy of her naturalization certificate which I got from national archive, again she said I am not sure if these are good enough.

In my case, case worker at NCS asked for marriage certificate and i said , i dont think i need to produce that as it was presented at the time of entry clearance and no one enquired at ILR, she phoned to HO and confirmed that it was not required.

submited my docs without it and she mentioned in the form that she has already confirmed from HO that marriage cert is not required.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46 pm

REGISTRATION wrote:
Alish60 wrote:Today I applied for BC as a spouse of a BC trough NCS, My marriage Is legal Turkish marriage, I have got the marriage certificate which is according to the Turkish Marriage Act 1951 and is stamped by the registrar and the mayor. I used this marriage certificate when I applied for spouse visa and had no problem, actually I was given Indefinite Leave to Entre. today she looked at it and said I am not sure whether this marriage certificate is valid for nationality reasons. I am worried and do not know if she is right or not.

In my case, case worker at NCS asked for marriage certificate and i said , i dont think i need to produce that as it was presented at the time of entry clearance and no one enquired at ILR, she phoned to HO and confirmed that it was not required.

submited my docs without it and she mentioned in the form that she has already confirmed from HO that marriage cert is not required.
Thanks for the replies, what about the second question? About the certified coies and the vopy from national archive?!

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:29 am

Alish60 wrote:
REGISTRATION wrote:

Thanks for the replies, what about the second question? About the certified coies and the vopy from national archive?!

I have not provided any copies, they just took copies of passport and nothing else, i think letter of ILR (i am not sure)