ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) invalid and fiance visa has expired

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coochiefoo98

FLR(M) invalid and fiance visa has expired

Post by coochiefoo98 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could ask some advice!

Myself and my partner got married 3 months into our fiance visa which we thought would be more than enough time to complete
the spouse visa process.

However!

The first Spouse visa application was returned as invalid due to a problem processing the payment.

The second visa application was returned as invalid due to a previous version of the form being provided with the application.
(Even though that application was submitted within the 21 days time limit of a new version of the form being introduced).

The same day we received our second visa application back as invalid we posted back our fresh application for the third time 1 day before the
fiance visa expired but now we are both petrified that our third attempt will be rejected on the grounds of the fiance visa having expired.
By the time they took payment for the third application according to our banking records it was 2 days after the fiance visa expired.

Should we try and contact the home office to explain the situation? We have a receipt from sending the application via special
delivery that could prove that that the application was posted 1 day before the visa expired.

Any help, thoughts or previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

If anything is unclear or if you require any further info please let me know.

Thanks

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Just been asked to provide a timeline, here goes...plz let me know if you need any other details.

1st application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/11/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 08/11/12
Invalid letter received: 27/12/12
Visa Type : FLR(M)
Visa From: Fiance visa

2nd application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 31/12/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 03/01/13
Payment deducted: 03/01/13
Invalid letter received: 05/02/13

3rd application-
Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/02/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: have not received it yet
Payment deducted: 08/02/13
Visa expired on: 06/02/13

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 pm

The important thing is the date it was posted not the date they received it or took payment. You should be ok as post mark on envelope should indicate the date you sent application.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:59 am

I believe that as long as it was no more than 28 days after the fiance visa expired, you should have no issues. They changed this last year.

Good Luck!

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 pm

thanks CDNgirl. I know that is what they write on their website but to be honest I don't believe any more on what is on their website because either wise my second visa application should have been valid. I guess only time will tell. ;)