ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third year into Tier 1 - will be out of UK for 1 year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

livnow
Newly Registered

Third year into Tier 1 - will be out of UK for 1 year

Post by livnow » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for the valuable contribution to the queries. It has helped me a great deal.

I have a situation - hope to get some help.

I am in the 3rd year of my Tier 1 visa. I had applied for the Tier-1 visa during the April-May 2010 time period. Got 2 years visa initially and got an extension for 3 more years. My visa is valid till July 2015.

My dad is not feeling well and I am planning to go to India for 1 year to take care of him. I have a limited company in the UK and I can continue to pay my salary during this 1 year period.

I would like to know if my chances of ILR are hurt due to 1 year break. If yes, then what are the alternatives to take the break of 1 year and still get the ILR.

Thanks in advance,

Prasad

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Not possible.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Third year into Tier 1 - will be out of UK for 1 year

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 pm

livnow wrote:My dad is not feeling well and I am planning to go to India for 1 year to take care of him.
It would be difficult to give an explicit answer here, but this case if at all possible, would not be a straight-forward case. The only possibility would be if you could prove that this absence of yours was due to serious or compelling compassionate reasons. It would by default fall as a exceptional case which a senior case worker would need to assess.

Note also, independent to the above you would need to make sure you score the necessary points to qualify as a Tier 1 General applicant.