ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premanent residence eligibility for non-EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uvanisha
Newly Registered

Premanent residence eligibility for non-EEA family member

Post by uvanisha » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm an Indian nation and a legal resident of UK since April 2003. Married to French national (wife).

My immigration application and its history:

Student Visa - April 2003 - April 2005 - 2 years
EEA family permit - (extended family member of EU national(Uncle) exercising treaty rights in UK)- April 2005 - June 2011 - 6.5 years
EEA family permit - (married to a EU national, French, exercising treaty rights in UK) - June 2011 - June 2016 - 1.5 years finished as of now.

Over the 10 years, I have got 3 refusal on all the above applications due to missing documentation issue plus 1 refusal on General Tier 1 visa due to existing visa transition restrictions.

Based on the above immigration history, am I eligble for any route to permanent residence in April 2013? or do I need to wait until June 2016 to finish my current 5 years with my wife's EEA family permit to apply for my permanent residence?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Best is to request your SAR file from UKBA to know what information they held for you and also keep in mind that your EEA family member must have been excercised its treaty rights for all of the duration you hold eea family permit.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 pm

If you had a refusal and did not appeal, then i don't believe section 3c will be engaged. The implication of this, is that you will not be able to obtain ILR on the basis of Long residence.

However, there is a possibility you had gained PR in 2011, by virtue of the fact that you are an Extended family member, within the meaning of Regulation 7(3), who had resided in the UK for a period of 5 years, as such.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors