ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of sponsor passport - urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunilrana80

Return of sponsor passport - urgent

Post by Sunilrana80 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm

I have submitted my passport along with the application of my wife (flr m) for the extension of visa on 2nov 2012 using the postal service. Got her biometrics on 22 jan 2013.

Due to some unforseen circumstances i have to go urgently out of country and need my passport back...will i get it back? Will my wifes application be withdrawn?
I sent them a mail butdid not get any reply... :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 pm

As the sponsor you can request the return of your passport, but make clear on the form that you are not withdrawing the application.
Click on the link for the 'Request for return of documents form' in this section of the page:
To request the return of documents from any other application for permission to stay in the UK or an application for British Citizenship

Here's the link to the page on the UKBA website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

Kitkat2013
Newly Registered

Re: Return of sponsor passport - urgent

Post by Kitkat2013 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Sunilrana80 wrote:I have submitted my passport along with the application of my wife (flr m) for the extension of visa on 2nov 2012 using the postal service. Got her biometrics on 22 jan 2013.

Due to some unforseen circumstances i have to go urgently out of country and need my passport back...will i get it back? Will my wifes application be withdrawn?
I sent them a mail butdid not get any reply... :(
Hope the UKBA realise the urgency of your request and act promptly to it. Good luck

Sunilrana80

Post by Sunilrana80 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks a lot....that was very helpful :)

Sunilrana80

Post by Sunilrana80 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi casa,
Thanks for the help. I was filling in the form and it has been asking for

1.) case id. I dont have anything like this. I just got two letters from ukba.
A. Reciept of application.
B. Biometrics (this one has case reference number ). Is this the case ID that i have to fill?

2.) Home office (HO) reference or fee reference* – Nationality only .
I have applied as a sponser on flr(m) form

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 pm

also would be helpful if you included copies of the two letters received from UKBA wrt your wife's application, when you send your request for return of passport.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Sunilrana80

Form filling...for document return..

Post by Sunilrana80 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks for the help. I was filling in the form and it has been asking for

1.) case id.

I dont have anything like this. I just got two letters from ukba.
A. Reciept of application.
B. Biometrics (this one has case reference number ). Is this the case ID that i have to fill?

2.) Home office (HO) reference or fee reference* – Nationality only .
I have applied as a sponser on flr(m) form

Sunilrana80

Hello friends..

Post by Sunilrana80 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

I had applied for the return of my passport back (only of sponsor) urgently 21 days back using the online application form.... Still not got it....it is now sending chills down my spine....iv tried their number daily but it goes on answering machine and they just tell me to send the application online.....n call disconnected......how can i track if my passport has been sent back to me or i am just hopelessly waiting.....iv had my flight tickets booked.....n few days are left....looking into the urgency of the matter i feel helpless... What to doo?.?