ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late spouse application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charje2000
Newly Registered

Visa refusal

Post by charje2000 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:16 am

Really sorry for posting on this thread , I cannot seem to be able to start a new post on my system .

I just need some advice please , I was recently refused a spouse visa on the basis of late / out of time submission . I honestly and stupidly got my dates mixed up , but was still able to submit my application within the 28 days grace period stipulated .

I am really sad about his all , Please what can I do , and what's the likelihood of the decision being overturned ??

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:28 am

charje2000 wrote:Really sorry for posting on this thread , I cannot seem to be able to start a new post on my system .
New topic created.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 am

esic_sonia wrote:
charje2000 wrote:Really sorry for posting on this thread , I cannot seem to be able to start a new post on my system .

I just need some advice please , I was recently refused a spouse visa on the basis of late / out of time submission . I honestly and stupidly got my dates mixed up , but was still able to submit my application within the 28 days grace period stipulated .

I am really sad about his all , Please what can I do , and what's the likelihood of the decision being overturned ??
I don't think anyone can honestly answer this question without reviewing your case thoroughly.

The only option applicant have is to pray that they get visa, otherwise they cannot appeal and have to leave the country and apply again.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:04 am

Spouse visa cannot be applied for from the uk after leave has expired. I think this is the reason they refused. There is no 28 day grace period because it is not a pbs application. You will have to leave the uk and apply from abroad.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 am

Was this for ILR? If so, seek legal advice. Don't leave the UK as you should have the right to appeal.

charje2000
Newly Registered

Post by charje2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks so much for all repliesl , yes my application was for the initial spouse visa , where one gets 2yrs at first when accepted.

I am using legal counsel and he has sent in a letter asking for the decision to be reviewed otherwise we would seek redress in court .

Is this the right move please ?

Does anyone have a similar experience ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm

You should follow your legal councel's advise as he/she has all the facts. You say you applied for a spouse visa when your previous visa had expired...which you didn't make clear in your original post. What category of visa were you attempting to switch from?

charje2000
Newly Registered

Post by charje2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:28 pm

I was on the PSW and applied a week after it expired .

charje2000
Newly Registered

Post by charje2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi there all , please if anyone has an experience of submitting an out of time spouse visa request , please let me know on here .

Really getting anxious now