ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overtime & holiday pay earnings - Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NMAK
Newly Registered

Overtime & holiday pay earnings - Query

Post by NMAK » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Friends,

I have a query regarding UK earnings.
I have been working over time and for which I recieved over time pay for 2 months (December & January months).
Also because of business need company bought back my holidays and payed me for that in decemeber.
My pay slip shows the over time pay and holiday pay for december month.

Can any one please let me know if overtime earnings whether over time pay and holiday pay can be included as a part of UK earnings ?
If yes, do I need to mention overtime pay clearly in my covering letter.

Thanks in advance.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Overtime can definitely be included, holiday pay - some people will disagree whether or not it can be included. If you qualify with or without it, simply include it and leave it at that - if they feel that you can't claim it, they will simply deduct it and adjust your points accordingly.

Don't include it in a covering letter - that's what the application form is for. Unless there is some circumstance not covered by the application form which will have a material impact on your application, don't include a covering letter - you are simply wasting paper and your own and the poor caseworker who will probably not read it, but throw it in the bin's time. The application form covers everything a caseworker needs to know about you - a cover letter simply adds unnecessary overhead.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am

Overtime is definitely considered as it was in my case. Not sure about holiday pay.

You dont have to mention overtime pay in cover letter or provide one. The following are the documents I have submitted

Application Form
Photos
Employer letter for salary
Bank Statements
Points calculator PDF

and my visa was approved.

honey_parmar
Newly Registered

Post by honey_parmar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:31 am

Hi,

Any pay which is on your salary slip on which NI and tax has been deducted ,is considered towards your earnings.

Ta

NMAK
Newly Registered

Post by NMAK » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm

mulderpf wrote:Overtime can definitely be included, holiday pay - some people will disagree whether or not it can be included. If you qualify with or without it, simply include it and leave it at that - if they feel that you can't claim it, they will simply deduct it and adjust your points accordingly.

Don't include it in a covering letter - that's what the application form is for. Unless there is some circumstance not covered by the application form which will have a material impact on your application, don't include a covering letter - you are simply wasting paper and your own and the poor caseworker who will probably not read it, but throw it in the bin's time. The application form covers everything a caseworker needs to know about you - a cover letter simply adds unnecessary overhead.
mulderpf , honey_parmar, kpk1234 .... Many thanks for confirming.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 pm

No worries mate. All the best