ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW, No visa, Marriage and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Renni_Aman

PSW, No visa, Marriage and ILR

Post by Renni_Aman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Hello, I am in a situation where I really need some advice. This has been lingering on my mind for ages now....SO PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME :(

So I have been legally staying in the UK for 8 years now (student and currently on PSW). I am in a relationship for 7.5 years with a guy who is a failed asylum seeker (for almost 5 years). We are HONESTLY in love and cannot live without each other. We have been living together since January 2011. And we both want to get married and start our life (with a family etc).

I am due to apply for ILR (10 years) December 2014. So far there are no gaps and my immigration history is clean.

My question is:
1. Would I put my visa at risk for marrying my boyfriend since he does not have any visa?
2. Does the time count towards his eligibility for ILR (since we are living together for more than 2 years)?
3. If we have children, would this affect us in any way in regards to immigration?

Please note, we are not planning to get married for visa purpose only....we are both in our 30s and I am worried about having kids too late in my life. Also we have been together for so long and I just dont want to break up my relationship and lose him....he is everything in my life!!! PLEASE HELP
:roll: :roll:

DrFixit

Post by DrFixit » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Just out of curiosity, would you put your visa at risk for marrying your boyfriend since he does not have visa?

Renni_Aman

Post by Renni_Aman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:00 pm

As long as we can stay together....yes, I am willing to risk it. You see, both of us are from different countries, so the possibility of going home and staying there is not as easy.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 pm

there is no crime committed here by you living with someone who hasn't got a visa, you have nothing to worry about however, I cannot say the same for him. Other than going back to the country of residence and applying for clearence, I cannot see any other way he could legally be in the UK.

he will be caught out when you want to legalise your relationship

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:15 pm

innocentdevil wrote:there is no crime committed here by you living with someone who hasn't got a visa, you have nothing to worry about however, I cannot say the same for him. Other than going back to the country of residence and applying for clearence, I cannot see any other way he could legally be in the UK.

he will be caught out when you want to legalise your relationship

Yes , I agree with innocentdevil . It may be diffcult for him to come back but not impossible if your willing to handle emotions and pressure then your are okie in all ways.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.