ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Liverpool/Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit99
Newly Registered

Query regarding Liverpool/Solihull PEO

Post by amit99 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 am

Hi,
Senior members, please advise.

I was planning to apply through Solihull PEO as i understand that they pre check the ILR eligibily before deducting the fee. unforunately , i did not get any slot but I got my appointment in Liverpool PEO in 2nd week of March. Can anybody please tell me if Liverpool PEO also does such kind of ILR eligibilty check before deducting the payment ?

To brief about my case , i am tier 1 applicant( first 1.5 year on WP and switched to tier 1 in 2009) . I had an 122 days of continuous out of uk stay in 2010 , when i was on tier 1 visa. I do not have empoyer letter for that gap but i understand that should not be an issue after dec 2012 rule change but just to be on the safer side, i thought of applying thorugh Solihull as they have a pre check mechanism ( correct me if i am wrong).

Many thanks in advance.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 am

No at Liverpool you pay upfront before the docs are vetted. However, your case is totally fine as 180 days every year are permitted and under tier 1 you do not ned any help. Liverpool PEO is also a very good PEO.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am

You can still 'RESCHEDULE' to Solihull/Birmingham if available, without losing your current appointment at Liverpool if Reschedule is not successful.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

amit99
Newly Registered

Post by amit99 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm

uksettlement/wpilr ,
Thanks both for your response

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Amit,

You mentioned that you were in WP for 1.5 years.

How many days were you off during those time? Did you had any employer letter for holidays taken during that time?

Did you had any unpaid leave during that time?

I am also in similar situation where i got converted from wp to tier1. I have 120 days of absence during my WP.

Pls Advise

Regards
Anandh

amit99
Newly Registered

Post by amit99 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi Anand,
I was on holiday for 2 weeks when i was on WP.
Did not take any employer letter for the same. Not required

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply.

Although the rule states the following.

WP holder should provide employer letter for absences related to work and annual leave.

Tier1 holders are not required to provide any proof of absences.

But in our cases, those annual leaves were taken during our term in WP. So it is confusing whether i need to get one.

FOR_ILR

Post by FOR_ILR » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:24 am

anandh79 wrote:Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply.

Although the rule states the following.

WP holder should provide employer letter for absences related to work and annual leave.

Tier1 holders are not required to provide any proof of absences.

But in our cases, those annual leaves were taken during our term in WP. So it is confusing whether i need to get one.
Pls check my case: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 705#780705