ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport expiry/ transfer WP to new passport and daughters..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mxn
Newly Registered

passport expiry/ transfer WP to new passport and daughters..

Post by mxn » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:57 am

Hi,

My passport is expiring on 17-2-2008, My Workpermit is expiring on 24-08-2008 and i need to go to my home country for visit during december 2007.

I dont want to renew my passport as i will have to transfer the current workpermit to the new passport then.

Will it be a problem to come back to UK in Jan 2008, the reason being i heard that the passport needs to be valid for atleast 6 months before it expires.

Since i can anyway get the new Workpermit on my passport in 08-2008, i dont want to spend extra money for just 8 months.

If there is not other way other than renewing my passport and transfering my workpermit in oct or nov 2007(as i need to goto my home country in dec2007), Can i also get my daughters(who was born a couple of months back) dependant visa on her passport during the same visit to homeoffice.

Also what will be the fees for transferring my WP to my passport and getting a dependant visa for my daugther
your advice will be appreciated.

thanks,
vikram

Markie

Re: passport expiry/ transfer WP to new passport and daughte

Post by Markie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:57 pm

mxn wrote:Hi,

My passport is expiring on 17-2-2008, My Workpermit is expiring on 24-08-2008 and i need to go to my home country for visit during december 2007.

I dont want to renew my passport as i will have to transfer the current workpermit to the new passport then.

Will it be a problem to come back to UK in Jan 2008, the reason being i heard that the passport needs to be valid for atleast 6 months before it expires.

Since i can anyway get the new Workpermit on my passport in 08-2008, i dont want to spend extra money for just 8 months.

If there is not other way other than renewing my passport and transfering my workpermit in oct or nov 2007(as i need to goto my home country in dec2007), Can i also get my daughters(who was born a couple of months back) dependant visa on her passport during the same visit to homeoffice.

Also what will be the fees for transferring my WP to my passport and getting a dependant visa for my daugther
your advice will be appreciated.

thanks,
vikram
you can retain your visa in your old passport whilst you're using the new one...no one is forcing you to transfer it to the new passport - that's your preference if you like to transfer it.

normally travel requires at least 3months validity in a person's passport...others require 6 months.

mxn
Newly Registered

Post by mxn » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:16 pm

thanks so much.

so will there be no problem what so ever when i come back to uk at port of entry if the Entry clearance sticker is on the old passport and not on my new passport

And when my company applies for renewal of WP in aug 2008, hope this will not cause any problems.

Also is there any change of rules(because of the new WP point system) in the way my application is processed. there is no change in my position of the company.
will my company still have to post an advert and prove that there is no one in the EU who can fill my job?

thanks
vikram

mxn
Newly Registered

Post by mxn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:53 am

can someone reply please