ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does HR is right or wrong??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 pm

I am civil engineer and holding 18months Tier4 spouse visa. Today I got job offer from big company.

HR in this company says they will apply my Tier2 visa after 6 months. When I ask why? HR said to me that if you work for 6 month in our company then we DON’T have to go for Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) for your Tier2 visa application.

Does any one know about this rule? If I work for 6 month with any company then company can skip RLMT.

UKkumar

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Does HR is right or wrong??

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

UKkumar wrote:Does HR is right or wrong??
..."and is you is or is you ain't my baby?"

Para 90

It seems that you are a dependant of a Tier 4 migrant and, having no exemption due to your immigration status, will indeed be required to undergo the RLMT if the job in question is not on the shortage occupation list or pays a salary of 150K.

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks Lucapooka for your help.

Yes you are right i am on Tier4 Dependent visa and it is valid visa up to 09/2014. I am neither offered 150K nor my occupation is in shortage skill list.

It means the HR in this company do not have idea about this rules OR they know all this rules but want to give 6 month work and kick out after 6 month. In my field most of consultancy has short contract so i guess they are looking for 6 month contract work in cheaper wages.

I had doubt on HR because my current employer applied sponsorship license to hire me and conduct RMLT but they fail to get it after 6 month and don't want to apply again for me.

UK work visa sucks.

Thanks for your post Lucapooka.

UKkumar