ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got refusal.. pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fadi
Newly Registered

Got refusal.. pls help

Post by fadi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:30 pm

hello guys

Im From Pakistan

Decision made on 21st feb 2007
refusal recieved on 3 march 2007

Qualifications

points calimed 30 points awarded 30

Previous Earnings

points claimed 40 points awarded 0

Reasons

You stated an income of Rs. 896400

The two pieces of evidence you have supplied do not corroborate as the tax return does not cover the period of the pay claimed. Bank statements covering the period claimed for needed to be supplied.

In line with the piblished guidance, no points have been awarded.

Age assessment

Points claimed 10 points awarded 10

English language requirement

Not met

reasons

You have stated that you have a masters degree equivalent to a uk bachelors degree taught in english.

Whilst a bachelor degree is normally taught over a period of at least three years (during which time a candidate is required to display a level of competence in each four of the areas- listening, reading, writing and speaking- equivalent to ielts 6), higher level degrees cannot be clearly established as being delivered in a manner that would test each of the required elements outlined above.

In line with published guidance, the evidence provided has been assessed as insufficient to meet the english requiremnt.

NOW IN CASE OF PREVIOUS EARNINGS A SUPPLIED THREE RATHER THAN TWO EVIDENCES WHICH WERE MISINTERPRETED BY THE CASE WORKER

A) INCOME TAX RETURN (THE TAX YR IN PAKISTAN IS 1ST JULY TO 30TH JUNE)

B) ORIGINAL WAGE SLIPS COVERING PERIOD CLAIMED FOR I.E. 1ST JAN 2006 TO 31ST DEC 2006

C)LETTER FROM THE EMPLOYER STATING SALARY AS CLAIMED FOR 1ST JAN 2006 TO 31ST DEC 2006 (UNDER EXCEPTIONAL CONMSIDERATION)

THE CASE WORKER JUST COMPLETELY OVERLOOKED THE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER STATING SALRY AS CLAIMED. WHAT AN INJUSTICE. I ALSO CLEARLY WROTE IT IN THE EXCEPTIONAL CONSIDERATION BOX FOR PREVIOUS EARNING THAT MY INCOME TAX RETURN DOES NOT COVER THE PERIOD CLAIMED FOR THEREFORE IM ATTACHING THE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER FOR THE PAY CLAIMED.

I WOULD LIKE U GUYS TO HELP ME PUT THIS FACT INTO WORDS SO I COULD PROVE MYSELF IN THE REVIEW

AS FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT I ATTACHED MY BACHELORS AND MASTERS DEGREE ALONG WITH THE NARIC LETTER THAT MASTER DEGREE IS EQUIVALENT TO UK BACHELORS DEGREE AND MY BACHELORS DEGREE IS EQUIVALENT TO UK'S SCOTTISH HIGHER STANDARD OR GCE STANDARD. I ALSO ATTACHED LETTER FROM THE UNIVERSITY FOR BOTH BACHELOR DEGREE AND MASTER DEGREE THAT THEY WERE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH AS MY UNIVERSITY WAS THE SAME FOR BOTH THE QUALIFICATIONS.

I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONVINCE THEM ON THIS ONE. IM OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE TO MAKE A REVIEW AND QUICK

REGARDS TO ALL

ajilani

Post by ajilani » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:15 am

Hi Fadi,

The earning evidences you provided are enough to proof your income. I got approval in Dec 2006 on the same set of evidences. But I have doubt about the wording which you used in Salary Certificate from employer.

Also I didn't wrote anything in Exceptional column, just provided evidences with detail clarification in Salary Certififcate that why i am going to submit it.

Regards,
Azher Jilani
Karachi, Pakistan.

makon

Post by makon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:10 pm

It's a shame that some case workers do not really know their job well. The evidence that you supplied is just what they asked for and there's nothing wrong with what you wrote in the Exception column. Ask for review and let us know how it goes.

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:17 pm

I think you all are missing the point here.

The review will not be succesful because :-

1. English Requirement will not be met (reason already given by case worker). 2 year degree is not sufficient to prove it. You have to take IELTS.

2. Even if you score 6.0 in IELTS, no new document is allowed in review.

makon

Post by makon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Yes, you will have to take IELTS but points should have been given for earnings since all evidence related to earnings was provided. He was given '0' for earnings and this where i think the case worker erred.

Meanwhile, did you tick the box against Income Tax Clearance Certificate ? This may be important because I specifically asked the Home Office via email and was told that if the tax clearance doesn't cover the entire period that box should NOT be ticked !!!!

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:50 pm

makon,

Does that mean that if ITR does not cover claimed period and you have supplied it and ticked the box, your application will be rejected.

I have done that. Can that be rectified ? Is that, that serious ? Is it an error or not ?

makon

Post by makon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:51 pm

As I do not work in the Home Office I cannot say for certain that your application would be rejected if your tax clearance does not cover the entire period and you tick the box.

Below is the email I received from the home office regarding this query:

........"No, do not tick the box if your tax clearance does not cover the entire period claimed. Please complete the box advising that you are unable to supply a return for the complete period claimed"

Regards

Robert Myers
Leave to Remain Casework Team 4
IND North East, Yorkshire & Humber Region
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Thanks Makon

krishnakishore

Post by krishnakishore » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi,

I don't think ticking income tax returns bos is a problem. I ticked and submitted Form-16 which covers only 3 months of claimed period. I have mentioned in the below box that 'As the tax period in India is from April to March, the provided tax returns doesn't cover the claimed period hence submitting other 2 proofs' My application got approved.

Thanks,
Kishore

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:41 pm

I think you are right kishore, also depends on case-worker.

But your mail is relief. :)

makon

Post by makon » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 am

Apply for review and refer the caseworker to the letter from your employer

fadi
Newly Registered

Post by fadi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:03 am

Thats exactly what im going to do makon, apply with a fresh application with ielts certificate. About the previous earning i think i should get the letter from employer rephrased n in detail. nileshratan is right in a way that my english requirement wont be met coz of 2yrs bachelors degree. but isnt it unfair for a person who has done 3yrs 'o' levels which has the total british syllabus ofcourse taught in english a bachelors of degree in english and a 2 yrs masters degree in english n still unable to prove that i can read n write english...wow... i guess they hv there ways of making people pay them indirectly just to be in their country... pay to naric ..pay to home office ... pay for ielts...God!... and all the 16yrs study is thumbs down according to them.
ive registered for ielts test and couldnt get a date as the test schedule is already full...cant give it on 10 march ....31st march is very difficult....and i will finally get to sit for ielts on 14th april ...wait for 2 weeks for its result....i.e. 2 months wasted....im all pissed ov
but u guys r gems helping others out... i wish i cud help others like u....
regards
fadi

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:47 am

Fadi,

If I were you, I would send my application for review pointing out why no points were awarded in earnings section and claim (falsely) to have english requirement meant and stuff.

This way your earnings section will get clarified as to what is missing. Anyway, you have to apply for fresh one. So in the meantime you sit for IELTS and score more than 6.0. By the time you get your review back, you would have got IELTS results and new application will be ready.

I hope it helps.

fadi
Newly Registered

Post by fadi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:11 pm

hi

nileshratan... i also thought of sending a review n i know i can convince them on my earnings section that they hv probably overlooked....but i am unable to get u on the point that how would i meet english requirement wen naric sez that my bachelors degree is equivalent to gce advanced standard and not uk bachelors.
on the contrary naric also said that my masters degree is equivalent to uk bachelors....do u think i can make a point here that my masters equals to uk bachelors degree hence i meet english language requirement .
and also im more concerned about how much time will they take in reviewing....do u think it would be less than 2 months

regards

fadi

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:45 pm

Fadi,

Can you please give details of your bachelors and masters degree. The degree program duration, degree name and the awarding institution. In addition to that, regarding your earning power points, I would advise you to include your bank statement for the whole year for which you're claiming points.
Regards,

Z Z.