ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (switching from PSW) refused - what am i doing wrong?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:42 am

ncisgreat wrote:How do i contact case worker i can see only the name. I cant find email id on my appeal page
i think it's Firstname.Lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

you can get the First and last names from the refusal letter (last page, the person who signed it).

saw this somewhere else on the forum, and gave it a shot. and it worked!

ncisgreat

Post by ncisgreat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 am

hashmil wrote:
ncisgreat wrote:How do i contact case worker i can see only the name. I cant find email id on my appeal page
i think it's Firstname.Lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

you can get the First and last names from the refusal letter (last page, the person who signed it).

saw this somewhere else on the forum, and gave it a shot. and it worked!
Thanks m8 i will try

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Update on this situation. Just got this email from my caseworker:

I have contacted the appeals team and they have confirmed receipt of your appeal. I have sent a request to withdraw your appeal based on the fact that UKBA will reconsider your application on team. I have also asked for any costs to be reimbursed.

I am just waiting for your appeal to be withdrawn before I can proceed with your reconsideration. I have your Passport and other documents in my possession.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

It seems that your caseworker is not familiar with the correct procedure.

refer to Greenie's post on 11 Jan:

it is not up to you to withdraw the appeal and you shouldn't do this. Ukba should withdraw the decision, and notify the tribunal, that is the correct procedure. If you withdraw the appeal and then they remake the decision but refuse it on different grounds then you may be left without the right to appeal.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm

manci wrote:It seems that your caseworker is not familiar with the correct procedure.

it is not up to you to withdraw the appeal and you shouldn't do this. Ukba should withdraw the decision, and notify the tribunal, that is the correct procedure. If you withdraw the appeal and then they remake the decision but refuse it on different grounds then you may be left without the right to appeal.
I think this is what her email says? that the UKBA have requested it to be withdrawn? I personally haven't sent any emails to anyone.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

you misinterpreted the caseworker's email. Suggest you follow Greenie's advice

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 pm

hashmil wrote:
manci wrote:It seems that your caseworker is not familiar with the correct procedure.

I think this is what her email says? that the UKBA have requested it to be withdrawn? I personally haven't sent any emails to anyone.
I don't think you have misinterpreted the email, however she is using the wrong terminology (the UKBA cannot 'withdraw' the appeal as it is your appeal.) They can however withdraw the decision which it appears they are doing - as long as you don't withdraw your appeal then it should be OK.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 am

Greenie wrote:
hashmil wrote:

I don't think you have misinterpreted the email, however she is using the wrong terminology (the UKBA cannot 'withdraw' the appeal as it is your appeal.) They can however withdraw the decision which it appears they are doing - as long as you don't withdraw your appeal then it should be OK.
I hope this is the case!!

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm

So i have an update. a GOOD update!

I have finally got my VISA! YES!

i got this email from UKBA today:

"Everything is fine this end my colleague has granted your application, your expiry date is 12 December 2015. All your documents, Passport, Degree certificate, Bank statements and transcripts have been put in the post and will leave my office later this afternoon.

Please acknowledge safe receipt of your documents and your BRP will follow a few days after.

I am sorry this has been a long and possible stressful process for you but rest assured that your immigration history will show you have been refused but in UKBA’s error so to date you have not been classed as an overstayer and all your leave to remain in the United Kingdom is in order."

THIRUPATHI
Newly Registered

Urgent help- my tier2 general visa refused because of salary

Post by THIRUPATHI » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 am

hashmil wrote:So i have an update. a GOOD update!

"Everything is fine this end my colleague has granted your application, your expiry date is 12 December 2015. All your documents, Passport, Degree certificate, Bank statements and transcripts have been put in the post and will leave my office later this afternoon.

Please acknowledge safe receipt of your documents and your BRP will follow a few days after.

I am sorry this has been a long and possible stressful process for you but rest assured that your immigration history will show you have been refused but in UKBA’s error so to date you have not been classed as an overstayer and all your leave to remain in the United Kingdom is in order."
Hi,

After my employer got the sponsorship they given me a unrestricted CoS on 19th Nov 2012 with Job Title SOFTWARE ENGINEER and 24K per year. I have made my application on 26th Nov 2012 and My previous visa was PSW expired on 13th Dec 2012. But my actual Job title was Graduate Software Engineer. So it's all gone wrong on my job title and i didn't get points for appropriate salary.

Now i have launched an appeal (oral hearing) with a letter from my company by saying it was mistake and we did not know there were more job titles within that code (Honestly we didn't know) and also additional evidence as original offer letter to support my job title as Graduate Software Engineer.

We have reviews every year ending, so in dec i have been promoted to SOFTWARE ENGINEER and my salary is been increased to 31k. Now i have got a payslip to show as evidence if i need for court hearing.

So now i have couple questions to ask you. please help me if you can,
1. Do you think i should contact my case worker with that letter for reconsideration. Do you think i will have chance of reconsider by case worker?
2. If yes can you please help me with what are details i should include in my email?.

Anyone's help on my case much appreciated, thanks.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Urgent help- my tier2 general visa refused because of sa

Post by hashmil » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:41 am

THIRUPATHI wrote:

Hi,

After my employer got the sponsorship they given me a unrestricted CoS on 19th Nov 2012 with Job Title SOFTWARE ENGINEER and 24K per year. I have made my application on 26th Nov 2012 and My previous visa was PSW expired on 13th Dec 2012. But my actual Job title was Graduate Software Engineer. So it's all gone wrong on my job title and i didn't get points for appropriate salary.

Now i have launched an appeal (oral hearing) with a letter from my company by saying it was mistake and we did not know there were more job titles within that code (Honestly we didn't know) and also additional evidence as original offer letter to support my job title as Graduate Software Engineer.

We have reviews every year ending, so in dec i have been promoted to SOFTWARE ENGINEER and my salary is been increased to 31k. Now i have got a payslip to show as evidence if i need for court hearing.

1. Do you think i should contact my case worker with that letter for reconsideration. Do you think i will have chance of reconsider by case worker?
2. If yes can you please help me with what are details i should include in my email?.

My advice from personal experience is to get in touch with your case worker. in my case, my case worker went out of her way to resolve this issue (of course this was a UKBA error so they had to fix it anyway). But she kept emailing almost everyday and even called me a couple of times just to keep me in the loop.

In your case it was a mistake that ultimately you made. And people do make mistakes. I'm sure they will understand that. Write a reasonably nice letter or email to them explaining your situation, and hopefully they will respond.

As what you should put in - pretty much what you said here. And additional information you can to support your information.

Good luck!

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am

Hi All
Finally my company Got license we received email today

I am working as an accountant doing most of tasks mentioned in code 2421
but not all tasks can I use that code?
and salary mentioned there is different level for different education level
for my level its saying 17K and higher level it goes to 27K
how can I prove that I come in 17K category
my company will start paying me 20K when my visa issue so how should this work as my visa expire on 14 march should my company start paying from 15 March or should I change my contract from 1st march
what documents I need for my visa purpose?

Thanks

THIRUPATHI
Newly Registered

Post by THIRUPATHI » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:44 pm

hashmil wrote:
THIRUPATHI wrote:

Hi,

My advice from personal experience is to get in touch with your case worker. in my case, my case worker went out of her way to resolve this issue (of course this was a UKBA error so they had to fix it anyway). But she kept emailing almost everyday and even called me a couple of times just to keep me in the loop.

In your case it was a mistake that ultimately you made. And people do make mistakes. I'm sure they will understand that. Write a reasonably nice letter or email to them explaining your situation, and hopefully they will respond.

As what you should put in - pretty much what you said here. And additional information you can to support your information.

Good luck!
I did send a letter and email to my case worker today with additional supporting letter from my boss stating it was his mistake and responsibility and requested to reconsider my application. I guess i have to wait and see and i am not sure whether she will reply or not. But in your case thats their mistake and you corrected it. Thanks for sharing your info. I will let you know if there is any news.

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 pm

THIRUPATHI wrote:
hashmil wrote:
THIRUPATHI wrote:

Hi,

Good luck!
I did send a letter and email to my case worker today with additional supporting letter from my boss stating it was his mistake and responsibility and requested to reconsider my application. I guess i have to wait and see and i am not sure whether she will reply or not. But in your case thats their mistake and you corrected it. Thanks for sharing your info. I will let you know if there is any news.
Hi Guys,

Could you please help me!!!! I am in same situation and have been requesting for help...finally found this forum...

Could you lemme knw did u contacted the person or it was your employer?? besides, what documents did you need to send them!!!
Cheers!!
Simi