ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shiali
Newly Registered

PAINFULLY WAITING

Post by shiali » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 am

Anybody else still waiting from early July?! We've requested my husband's birth cert and uni cert before and it took them just over a week to send them over so that was good. However, 3 weeks ago we requested our marriage cert back (only because we need it for the church) and we still have not heard from them! What's going on?! :( :( :( :( . Problem is, neither of us can ring them during the weekdays as well because we're both at work all the time!

SOOOOO DISTRESSED I think I could have a mental breakdown with this happening alongside work stress!

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:58 am

Hi,

Just an update. We requested my husband's passport back for his official travel purposes on 3rd Feb and received yesterday. It is pretty quick compared to UKBA services.

My timeline which is already in skydrive

Date applied : 06/07/2012
Ack Letter : late July
Bio-metric letter : 11/10/2012
Bio-metric Submitted : 13/10/2012
Docs and BRP : waiting, waiting and waiting :(

shendean

Post by shendean » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 am

SJ_2013 wrote:Hi,

Just an update. We requested my husband's passport back for his official travel purposes on 3rd Feb and received yesterday. It is pretty quick compared to UKBA services.

When did u requested?
i did request ysterday i hope it will be here nextweek it needs to be renew.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

luckyjinx

Re: PAINFULLY WAITING

Post by luckyjinx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 am

shiali wrote:Anybody else still waiting from early July?! We've requested my husband's birth cert and uni cert before and it took them just over a week to send them over so that was good. However, 3 weeks ago we requested our marriage cert back (only because we need it for the church) and we still have not heard from them! What's going on?! :( :( :( :( . Problem is, neither of us can ring them during the weekdays as well because we're both at work all the time!

SOOOOO DISTRESSED I think I could have a mental breakdown with this happening alongside work stress!
I'm still waiting. I applied July 4th and did biometrics on September 6th. I'm hugely confused because there are a lot of September 8th bios coming back (congrats to all!) but they seem to have skipped right over the 6th.

Congrats to the recent successes.

freedomuk
Newly Registered

Post by freedomuk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 am

chquin wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been a silent follower since submitting my application in early January. Like so many, I've been feeling very frustrated by this process but have grown even more so in the last 24 hours. I've been applying for some jobs while waiting for everything to be processed (under the terms of my extended Tier 4 Student visa I can work) and was recently offered a full-time permanent position with a really good company. As is procedure, they used the Employers Checking Service Request at the UKBA to confirm my eligibility to work. The UKBA did indeed say I can work but also advised of an additional restriction that I wasn't aware of: "the work you do must not fill a full-time permanent vacancy".

For the time being the company has asked that I submit paperwork from my old uni that indicates that I am no longer a student and then take it from there. I'm so angry and know that it's my fault for not being completely aware of the restrictions. It hasn't been that long since I originally submitted my application but all the same, I feel like I'm being held hostage in this country without any means of travelling to visit my family in Canada (where I'm from) or to work.

Any advice?

--
Timeline for Tier 4 to FLR(M) Spouse
Applied: 3 Jan 2013
Appl ack'd: 7 Jan 2013
Payment taken: 11 Jan 2013
BM letter dated: 31 Jan 2013 (arrived 7 Feb 2013)
BM given: 8 Feb 2013 (Holborn)
FLR(M) granted: waiting
Docs rec'd: waiting
Hi mate, we applied at almost the same time :)

I applied FLR(M) from PSW.

UKBA allow student to work full time during the term break or holiday.
I refer to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... onditions/

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:17 am

chquin wrote:under the terms of my extended Tier 4 Student visa I can work
From my wife's Tier 4 Visa:-

Work limit as in PBS rules 20hrs p/w

Looking at this web page:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... onditions/

Says a Tier 4 visa holder can work 20 hours per week during term time and full time during school holidays.

Not really helpful, but it might allow you to do some part time work at the company until the Visa and BRP come through.

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am

shiali wrote:Anybody else still waiting from early July?! We've requested my husband's birth cert and uni cert before and it took them just over a week to send them over so that was good. However, 3 weeks ago we requested our marriage cert back (only because we need it for the church) and we still have not heard from them! What's going on?! :( :( :( :( . Problem is, neither of us can ring them during the weekdays as well because we're both at work all the time!

I'm still waiting too. It's starting to really get me down but I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one still waiting. I've given up on calling them and have decided that I will have to just stick it out.

Hopefully we get some good news soon.

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 am

luckyjinx wrote:

I'm still waiting. I applied July 4th and did biometrics on September 6th. I'm hugely confused because there are a lot of September 8th bios coming back (congrats to all!) but they seem to have skipped right over the 6th.

Congrats to the recent successes.
I know! I did my biometrics quite late by the way, 3 months later, so it was in October. I do know another couple who applied later and getting responses alot quicker. Not sure why the messy time frame here... but I actually feel better knowing there are other people out there in the same boat.

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 am

AussieBlueJeans wrote:

I'm still waiting too. It's starting to really get me down but I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one still waiting. I've given up on calling them and have decided that I will have to just stick it out.

Hopefully we get some good news soon.
Yes. I'm with you all the way. Good luck to us and hopefully 2013 wouldn't let us down. Really hate UKBA with a passion. Really not fair to the people who genuinely applied for a visa to legally stay in the country. Thanks for replying! I do feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

whitequeen

FLR(M) docs delivered!

Post by whitequeen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am

I finally got back all my documents and the letter stating that my visa is approved and that I need to wait for my BRP card in 7 days! My husband and I are really happy! Finally, the waiting is over! Thank you all for the support!

By the way, I don't know why I can't update my timeline in Skydrive. I have logged in there and I can't enter the dates and change it to complete. I hope someone can do that for me. :D

Good luck to all those still waiting :)

shiali
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) docs delivered!

Post by shiali » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 am

whitequeen wrote:I finally got back all my documents and the letter stating that my visa is approved and that I need to wait for my BRP card in 7 days! My husband and I are really happy! Finally, the waiting is over! Thank you all for the support!

By the way, I don't know why I can't update my timeline in Skydrive. I have logged in there and I can't enter the dates and change it to complete. I hope someone can do that for me. :D

Yay! Congratulations! Not sure why but that gave me a bit of a relief as well, lol. Did you do anything to chase them up or just waited religiously?

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 am

whitequeen wrote:I finally got back all my documents and the letter stating that my visa is approved and that I need to wait for my BRP card in 7 days! My husband and I are really happy! Finally, the waiting is over! Thank you all for the support!

HOORAY! Finally, congratulations whitequeen.
To edit, click "edit in browser" at the top.

shendean

Post by shendean » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

[quote="whitequeen"]I finally got back all my documents and the letter stating that my visa is approved and that I need to wait for my BRP card in 7 days! My husband and I are really happy! Finally, the waiting is over! Thank you all for the support!

Good luck to all those still waiting :)[/quotE

THERE IT IS.. WE GOT GOOD NEW TODAY!

CONGRATS WHITE
Shendean

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:45 am

Congrats. very happy for you. Today I was telling my husband about your case and that its one full year and still no decision. Time for you to celebrate. :)

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 am

shendean wrote:

When did u requested?
Requested on 3rd Feb. Hope you get your one by next week

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:52 am

SJ_2013 wrote:
shendean wrote:

When did u requested?
Requested on 3rd Feb. Hope you get your one by next week
I got my sponsors passport back 2 weeks after I sent the request, so should be any day now for you. Our time line is almost exactly the same so let's hope we see some results soon. Like NOW!!

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 am

shiali wrote: Yay! Congratulations! Not sure why but that gave me a bit of a relief as well, lol. Did you do anything to chase them up or just waited religiously?
Oh I did everything I can from the moment my application reached its 6th month like contacting the MP, continuous calls to UKBA, filing complaints, sending letters to Prime Minister, Theresa May, Ed Miliband and to all political parties and politicians my husband and I can think of! We even sent emails to newspapers and only Diane Taylor replied to me!

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 am

Please how can I update my time line on the skydrive because I have tried it but can't get through with it.

luckyjinx

Re: Good news to you all

Post by luckyjinx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 am

lekmat01 wrote:Please how can I update my time line on the skydrive because I have tried it but can't get through with it.
In the top right there is a button that says "Edit in browser" - click that and then make your changes.

For anyone interested in how the UKBA runs itself:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -accounts/

I'll be very interested to read the version for March 2012-13.

at2329
Newly Registered

Post by at2329 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 am

We got our documents back yesterday, it say BRP will be arriving in 7 days which i hope means application has been approved.

We had to wait 7.5 months, here is out time line

Applied: 1st July 2012
biometric 8th Sept 2012
Documents 12 Feb 2012
BRP Waiting

shendean

Post by shendean » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 am

at2329 wrote:We got our documents back yesterday, it say BRP will be arriving in 7 days which i hope means application has been approved.

biometric 8th Sept 2012
Documents 12 Feb 2012
BRP Waiting

good news at2329.. congrats!
Shendean

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

So happy for all getting their documents back these last couple of days, and especially whitequeen.

Fingers crossed for us all!
Application recieved: 24 August 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 29 August
BM letter dated: 18 November 2012 (arrived 21 November 2012)
BM given: 22 November 2012
Documents and BRP received: 7 March 2013

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 am

Just spoken to a call centre agent at the Immigration Enquiry Bureau who said my app is not yet finished being processed. I asked "Does that mean it's with a case worker?" and was told "It should be." Hopefully this means my wait is almost over.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 pm

at2329 wrote:We got our documents back yesterday, it say BRP will be arriving in 7 days which i hope means application has been approved.

biometric 8th Sept 2012
Documents 12 Feb 2012
BRP Waiting
at2329 wrote: It is encouragin to see some June applications coming back. Here is time line for our application

Appplication sent : 26th June 2012
Biometrics recieved: 06 Sept 2012
Biometrics completed: 09 Sept 2012
Docs: Still Waiting
BRP: Still waiting

I am not sure if this forum have thought of peaceful protest outside UKBA office, i hope this way we can put pressure on UKBA to process these applications intime and stop ruining the life of people.
Please confirm which of your posts above is correct? There are discrepancies between the dates.

@lekmat01 You are already on the Skydrive
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm

@Damanisshallo Thanks I can see that am on the skydrive list...am so happy to be on the list :D