ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help! Caseworker requested original bank statements!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mela

Need help! Caseworker requested original bank statements!

Post by Mela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 am

Hey guys,

I have applied for T1 Extension in January by post. I just received V day "gift" from UKBA, i.e. email from caseworker stating that the bank statements I submitted with my application are NOT original and he asked me to send originals or copies stamped by the bank.

The bank st-ts I sent WERE ORIGINALS! and I have no idea why CW decided they are not. :shock:

Anyways, i went in panick mode to my branch and asked them to print out the statements on bank letterhead and stamp it. They did it. Of course, they are not exact copies of originals and their format is like the print out from the electronic banking with all the entries listed in chronological order.

Bank manager told me that even if i ask to post the statements they still will copis in a different format than the original ones.

The question is: is the inbranch printouts are sufficient? they are on letterhead and EACH PAGE stamped as requested by CW but the format is different from originals. Please help!!!!
Last edited by Mela on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

as long as they are stamped on headed paper it should be fine, cant really do more now can we?!
except for drawing heart shaped structures expressing love in true V-day spirit :lol:
Manka

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:55 am

U applied by post or in Person?

Mela

Post by Mela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 pm

rdamsel wrote:U applied by post or in Person?
Applied by post

Mela

Post by Mela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Manka10 wrote:as long as they are stamped on headed paper it should be fine, cant really do more now can we?!
except for drawing heart shaped structures expressing love in true V-day spirit :lol:
Thanks, im so mad id rather draw some devil faces on the statements, im going mental with all the application process.

By the way Bank stamped only front pages of the copies but sometimes the entries are long, format is chaotic and some entries go to the back side of the page (so some pages are double-sided) where they are double-sided thay are not stamped on the back side (only front side is stamped), is this ok? or the need to stamp both sides where the entries are double-sided?

or im i just being paranoid? :shock:

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Don't worry you will be fine .

I think some of these caseworkers have never seen the original bank statement in their life :D ...

If they have any doubts they will call bank to check the transactions to confirm its genuine .

Patience is virtue

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:28 pm

if your bank could give you stamped statements in the branch then surely they wont have any trouble stamping all the pages so get all pages stamped for peace of mind 8)
Manka

Mela

Post by Mela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Manka10 wrote:if your bank could give you stamped statements in the branch then surely they wont have any trouble stamping all the pages so get all pages stamped for peace of mind 8)
THank you . just did that. returned to the bank and asked them to stmap all the back pages as well. luckily i wasnt asked by CW to sign the papers, i have heard its a bit of a pain nowdays to get the bank to sign the st-ts.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:57 pm

HSBC in the UK categorically will NOT stamp bank statements, so I don't understand why your caseworker asked you to get stamped bank statements. It's also definitely not a requirement for the bank to stamp statements, this is only the case for online accounts where you produce your own printouts.

I submitted the bank statements printed on headed paper (the last month's statement) and the rest were all the originals and they accepted it without a problem.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mela

Post by Mela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 pm

mulderpf wrote:HSBC in the UK categorically will NOT stamp bank statements, so I don't understand why your caseworker asked you to get stamped bank statements. It's also definitely not a requirement for the bank to stamp statements, this is only the case for online accounts where you produce your own printouts.

I submitted the bank statements printed on headed paper (the last month's statement) and the rest were all the originals and they accepted it without a problem.
the problem is I already submitted the original statements along with my application, but by some reason CW decided they were not originals and asked to send him originals or copies stamped by bank or on headed paper.
I was told by Barclays that they cant issue me the originals again. the option is to wait for some copy statemnts by post (3-5 working day) or they can print out statements in branch on headed paper and stamp it. Obviously,i chose the last option as it is faster, however they looks as print out from electronic banking with all the entries listed in chronologoval order (fo the last 6 months!), similiar if you print out statements from the ebanking yourself, so they dont look like the proper bank statement i received in the post :shock: i was told this is the only format bank can print out in branch :roll:

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Mela wrote:originals or copies stamped by bank or on headed paper.
I was told by Barclays that they cant issue me the originals again.
HSBC does something similar, except they will refuse stamping or signing statements. The statements don't look much like the originals and mine were accepted.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Mela

Post by Mela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 pm

mulderpf wrote:
Mela wrote:originals or copies stamped by bank or on headed paper.
I was told by Barclays that they cant issue me the originals again.
HSBC does something similar, except they will refuse stamping or signing statements. The statements don't look much like the originals and mine were accepted.
what a relief, thanks, i hope mime will be accepted aswell, anyways there is nothing I can do.

well that was requirement by CW either stamped or on headed paper, luckily i managed to do both, although im not sure they would sign it if ask. i bank with this small branch for years now and they well aware of my visa hastle so they seem to be quiet undesratnding

although i dint see the reason why HSBC doesnt stapm the print outs if they can print them themselves why not sign it? I undestand if you walk in with your own print outs then they could suspect something is faked and can refuse to stamp it but if they print out themselves??? theen why not?