ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success story (WP and Tier1) - 06/02/13 Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

budwine84
Newly Registered

ILR Success story (WP and Tier1) - 06/02/13 Croydon PEO

Post by budwine84 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 pm

I would like to thank all the contributors for their suggestions and advice. I've followed these suggestions and can now proudly tell others to follow the forum for ILR and save yourselves some money going via a solicitor.

I came to this country on a WP, changed to Tier-1 later and before renewing my Tier-1 I was due for my ILR. So let me take you through the journey of what happened in Croydon.

1) I had my appointment at 10:40 and I reached Croydon PEO at around 9:30-ish. I was applying with my spouse.

2) While entering the building the security asked for Booking Confirmation, after which you're asked to wait in the waiting room. This was for less than 5 minutes.

3) Then you go through the security check similar to Airport security check.

4) After this you proceed towards a corridor and queue up for your initial screening of documents would be done. Basically the payment page of SET(O) application is checked with Passports and BRP cards, and then will be stamped saying "Valid"; and token would be issued. This is the token you will be known to the people for that day in the Home Office :). This process took about 15 mins.

5) You proceed towards the first floor towards the payment, and I paid using my Debit Card. The lady at the ocunter asked for the token and the payment page is taken away, verifies the details and accepts the payment. It is usually good to inform your bank that there would be a large amount going from your account to the HomeOffice and some say it might not be required as the Bank would know the request is from HomeOffice and the payment would go through. But why take a chance!

6) Now I proceed towards the waiting area in the first floor, I'm called in less than 10 mins. The lady at the counter wanted the SET(O) form along with Passports, BRP cards and Photographs, enters some details on her system and scans the photos and asks me to procced towards Bio-metrics. The entire process takes anywhere between 10-15 mins.

7) Now the wait begins, I wait for about 90 minutes to be called for Bio-metrics, and have my bio-metrics taken along with photographs. The lady asks me to wait until a Case Worker is assigned to work on my case.

8) The clock kept ticking, and I was waiting for my number to be called. But after about 2 hours my number was called at the Customer Service Counter, and the man there directed me to proceed towards 2nd Floor as it was crowded, so I headed to 2nd Floor.

9) In less then 20 mins, I was called and the lady asked for my application form and all supporting documents. I gave the following:
- SET(O) application form with photos enclosed
- Passports
- BRP Cards
- Payslips (for 12 months)
- Bank Statements (for 12 months). I had a sheet attached highlighting the Paylip amount and the corresponding Bank Statement page number.
- LUK Pass Certificates for me and my wife
- Employment Reference Letter (For Employment and my Business trips)
- P60's (Some CW ask for it and some don't but its better to have them)
- Cohab documents: Joint Account Bank Statement, Tenancy Agreement, Electricity Bills, Water Bills for last 2 years addressed to both of us and CRB Check (My wife was working as a Volunteer so she had this done)
- And supporting or backup documents for Cohab: Employment Letter for my wife, Payslips, Council Bills (We didn't have council bills addressed to both of us), and Marriage Certificate.
- Photocopies of all the above documents except the SET(O) form, organized accordingly. The backup document set was not asked at all.

10) The CW took about 40-45 minutes to work on my case, and gave me a confirmation letter indicating that we've got our ILR. The entire process took about 6:30 - 7 hours.

I had a absence less than 180 days, but I had a sheet in the backup for the days I was out of the country and the total number of days I was out on each trip and overall. I found the staff in Croydon to be extremely helpful and no hassles, it was very well organized, however be prepared for the wait.

Note: There's a coffee shop on the second floor serving snacks, so rather than going out you might fancy a light bite while waiting to fight hunger pangs!

Once again I extend my sincere thanks to everybody and wishing good luck to other applicants.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success story (WP and Tier1) - 06/02/13 Croydon PEO

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 pm

budwine84 wrote:I would like to thank all the contributors for their suggestions and advice. I've followed these suggestions and can now proudly tell others to follow the forum for ILR and save yourselves some money going via a solicitor.

I came to this country on a WP, changed to Tier-1 later and before renewing my Tier-1 I was due for my ILR. So let me take you through the journey of what happened in Croydon.

1) I had my appointment at 10:40 and I reached Croydon PEO at around 9:30-ish. I was applying with my spouse.

2) While entering the building the security asked for Booking Confirmation, after which you're asked to wait in the waiting room. This was for less than 5 minutes.

3) Then you go through the security check similar to Airport security check.

4) After this you proceed towards a corridor and queue up for your initial screening of documents would be done. Basically the payment page of SET(O) application is checked with Passports and BRP cards, and then will be stamped saying "Valid"; and token would be issued. This is the token you will be known to the people for that day in the Home Office :). This process took about 15 mins.

5) You proceed towards the first floor towards the payment, and I paid using my Debit Card. The lady at the ocunter asked for the token and the payment page is taken away, verifies the details and accepts the payment. It is usually good to inform your bank that there would be a large amount going from your account to the HomeOffice and some say it might not be required as the Bank would know the request is from HomeOffice and the payment would go through. But why take a chance!

6) Now I proceed towards the waiting area in the first floor, I'm called in less than 10 mins. The lady at the counter wanted the SET(O) form along with Passports, BRP cards and Photographs, enters some details on her system and scans the photos and asks me to procced towards Bio-metrics. The entire process takes anywhere between 10-15 mins.

7) Now the wait begins, I wait for about 90 minutes to be called for Bio-metrics, and have my bio-metrics taken along with photographs. The lady asks me to wait until a Case Worker is assigned to work on my case.

8) The clock kept ticking, and I was waiting for my number to be called. But after about 2 hours my number was called at the Customer Service Counter, and the man there directed me to proceed towards 2nd Floor as it was crowded, so I headed to 2nd Floor.

9) In less then 20 mins, I was called and the lady asked for my application form and all supporting documents. I gave the following:
- SET(O) application form with photos enclosed
- Passports
- BRP Cards
- Payslips (for 12 months)
- Bank Statements (for 12 months). I had a sheet attached highlighting the Paylip amount and the corresponding Bank Statement page number.
- LUK Pass Certificates for me and my wife
- Employment Reference Letter (For Employment and my Business trips)
- P60's (Some CW ask for it and some don't but its better to have them)
- Cohab documents: Joint Account Bank Statement, Tenancy Agreement, Electricity Bills, Water Bills for last 2 years addressed to both of us and CRB Check (My wife was working as a Volunteer so she had this done)
- And supporting or backup documents for Cohab: Employment Letter for my wife, Payslips, Council Bills (We didn't have council bills addressed to both of us), and Marriage Certificate.
- Photocopies of all the above documents except the SET(O) form, organized accordingly. The backup document set was not asked at all.

10) The CW took about 40-45 minutes to work on my case, and gave me a confirmation letter indicating that we've got our ILR. The entire process took about 6:30 - 7 hours.

I had a absence less than 180 days, but I had a sheet in the backup for the days I was out of the country and the total number of days I was out on each trip and overall. I found the staff in Croydon to be extremely helpful and no hassles, it was very well organized, however be prepared for the wait.

Note: There's a coffee shop on the second floor serving snacks, so rather than going out you might fancy a light bite while waiting to fight hunger pangs!

Once again I extend my sincere thanks to everybody and wishing good luck to other applicants.
Congrats and Welcome to ILR club
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi! budwine 84,

Congratulations. Enjoy your ILR.Thank you for sharing your experience.

budwine84
Newly Registered

Post by budwine84 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Many thanks kiranchinnu and Kevin 24

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello Budwine,

Congrats.

I have a clarification. As you were into WP and converted to Tier1, did you had any absences during your WP, was there any unpaid leave as well?

If so, did you show any employer proof of letter for that.

I understand that if you are on tier1, you don't need one. I have similar absences during my WP and one month unpaid leave as well.