ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Attending college

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 am

k77 wrote:HI saanju9,
can you further explain by not paying the fee and attending the classes. what if the college stops you from attending the classes by not paying the fee?
Hi Sannju ,

You are expert in term of college, I think better to attend college if you can, because conditions attached with your previous visa ,

Regards
amjad leeds

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:10 am

sun76 wrote:
jai_aus wrote:
AMH wrote:No news form Aug/Sept applicants!!
no news from me yet.....still waiting (august applicant)
Looks like all august/September applications have been DUMPED.

Don't say that - let's just hope that they haven't been dumped - How many Aug applicants have contacted their MPs - I am in the process of contacting mine as it will be over 6 months on Mon.

Someone here posted a link to a FOI request which meant that we could potentially apply for British Nationality 15 months after original submission SET(O) date . Does anyone know anything about that?

This whole wait it taking the mick TBH. Such an incompetent organisation it's bonkers.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Attending college

Post by saanju9 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 am

amjadleeds wrote:
k77 wrote:HI saanju9,
can you further explain by not paying the fee and attending the classes. what if the college stops you from attending the classes by not paying the fee?
Hi Sannju ,

You are expert in term of college, I think better to attend college if you can, because conditions attached with your previous visa ,

Regards
amjad leeds
Firstly, amjal... did u want ME to attend a college...I thought we are talking about k77 situation here (sorry mate if you didn't mean that but I read it like that..lol)

K77: explaining your question: I don't know how individual colleges work...but if your going to a Uni (any Uni) they will not stop you attending the classes nor writing the exams... they will stop your university web access and library book loan facility (you can still sit in the library and read the books but can't take them home)... The only thing they can stop is your certificate.. this is the practice in 2002 when I attended middlesex uni and the same when I did my MBA in Uni of Southampton in 2009 and even recently, its the same situation for my sister in glamorgan uni in 2012.

However, if your attending a college. it can be a different situation. I am not sure. you can speak to the head of the college or someone and pay the minimum (what you can afford) - just don't tell him that you're going to quit... tell him that you're financially bit down for the next 3 months and tell him you will pay the fee in a four months time... after four months if you get your ILR ... all happy and tell him you can't afford the course anymore and withdraw the course on good terms...If per say there is a bit of bad luck haunting you and your ILR gets rejected... continue your course and appeal against the decision ... in that way you will be never abusing your visa terms and when you apply for your Citizenship it will not be a problem

And if all this doesn't work.. then you might have to take that risk given your situation

Saanju

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:43 am

One more thing guys...There might be a lot of people who might disagree with me but

I don't think contacting MP or ombudsman soon after 6 months will do any good neither it will make your application jump the queue.. it might do... a week or two...but that will be it..

I am not trying discourage the people who wanted to contact...but this is my opinion when looking at the experiences of other people..

the UKBA doesn't give a damn if your contact MP contacts them or your PM contacts...doesn't matter

they are running delays so our decisions are going to be delayed

however, more people shouting and protesting might wake them up

So, to answer few questions from the co-members of this forum, I will wait for a little longer as other Aug applicants are not getting theirs either at the moment and only some june/July applicants are getting theirs back

I will be worried and will contact my MP if applicants after me getting a decision...that's when my panic button hits because that means there is something wrong with my application.

By the way I am not even bothered to call the UKBA because I know the answer..

Applied August 15th 2012 - Six months UP

Saanju

JoILR
Newly Registered

new stats on sky drive

Post by JoILR » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to add a new statistics on the skydrive spreadsheet? I think it'll be useful to see the number of weeks taken between the date of biometric enrollment and the date of ILR approval, split by the month of biometric enrollment.

ali-80
Newly Registered

waiting.

Post by ali-80 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm

hi, any july applicants got their ilrs ..7 months and up still waiting applied on 7 july

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:51 pm

sweetykaur wrote:I Have applied for ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence(Student Visa) since last 6 months and the outcome is expected soon. My husband is on PBS dependent visa since last 7-8 years(the last one issued on June 2012) and I wish to apply on FLR(M) for my husband and 1 child after getting my ILR.

1. Is there any financial or maintenance requirement under the old rules(2 year)or Do we need to show any money in our joint account for any particular length of time apart from English language test which he need to undertake while applying for his FLR(M)?

2. What other documents do I need to submit along with FLR(M)?

Pls guide

Regards
Sweety
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

k77

Post by k77 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi saanju9,
Thanks for your elaborate answer.In our college they stops you from setting in the class if you miss the payment date.

Thanks to all those who joined in this discussion.I strongly believe that i will get positive result with regard to my application.

sun76

Post by sun76 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:42 pm

I did contact my local MP 17 jan i received letter from MP they contacted UKBA but no response as of today. i just send a reminder again to my MP today,lets see how this long wait goes on.
lambu1 wrote:
sun76 wrote:
jai_aus wrote:

Don't say that - let's just hope that they haven't been dumped - How many Aug applicants have contacted their MPs - I am in the process of contacting mine as it will be over 6 months on Mon.

Someone here posted a link to a FOI request which meant that we could potentially apply for British Nationality 15 months after original submission SET(O) date . Does anyone know anything about that?

This whole wait it taking the mick TBH. Such an incompetent organisation it's bonkers.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm

lambu1 wrote:
sun76 wrote:
jai_aus wrote:

Hi Lambu 1

I could not find the link you mentioned about "people can apply for citizenship after 15 months of ILR application" but I was very intrigued. So I would like to hear second opinions about this issue from fellow forum members.

This issue appeared to me as extremely important to many of us here since most of us will unfortunately fail to get our ILR even within 6 months. Even if you get your ILR in 6 months plus a waiting time of 12 months, gives you an 18 moths waiting time for citizenship. Therefore being able to apply after 15 months of ILR application sound like a better news to me. Only evidence I could find about the rule you mentioned is here (Page 15 item g);

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

beginning of the 12 month period, and the other statutory requirements, including the other residence requirements, are met, only if : (....)

"g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted."

Now if this document is still valid, this tells me that our eventual citizenship application itself will not be delayed although the BA time wasters delay out ILR. Many members recently took their ILR including spidery, settlement10year and abisingh (and many others) can apply for citizenship in 9 to 10 months time from now instead of waiting 12 months more.

Am I right or wrong?

sk77
Newly Registered

Post by sk77 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Ged wrote:
lambu1 wrote:
sun76 wrote:
jai_aus wrote:

Hi Lambu 1

I could not find the link you mentioned about "people can apply for citizenship after 15 months of ILR application" but I was very intrigued. So I would like to hear second opinions about this issue from fellow forum members.

This issue appeared to me as extremely important to many of us here since most of us will unfortunately fail to get our ILR even within 6 months. Even if you get your ILR in 6 months plus a waiting time of 12 months, gives you an 18 moths waiting time for citizenship. Therefore being able to apply after 15 months of ILR application sound like a better news to me. Only evidence I could find about the rule you mentioned is here (Page 15 item g);

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

beginning of the 12 month period, and the other statutory requirements, including the other residence requirements, are met, only if : (....)

"g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted."

Now if this document is still valid, this tells me that our eventual citizenship application itself will not be delayed although the BA time wasters delay out ILR. Many members recently took their ILR including spidery, settlement10year and abisingh (and many others) can apply for citizenship in 9 to 10 months time from now instead of waiting 12 months more.

Am I right or wrong?
Please see this link for UKBA take on this matter:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... e.pdf.html

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Ged wrote:I could not find the link you mentioned about "people can apply for citizenship after 15 months of ILR application"
Follow here
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm

@Damanisshallo and sk77

Thanks to both of you. This came as a news to me. I do not know if we can rely on it though. I will need to check it again when (and if) I start preparing towards the citizenship I guess. People who have waited for 10 moths or more however should seriously consider this.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am a July applicant (22nd July 2012) and I have just called HO just for them to say my application hasn't been completed yet. Seriously???? An applications without gaps or problems taking that long?

I think the best way to "try" and push this sytem is if every July&August applicant rings...let's try to put some pressure!

Andie

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

ILR and Tier one extension

Post by dhawalthakker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:05 pm

I am also august applicant (done biometric). My visa is expiring on 23rd Feb. I am eligible for Tier 1 extension but all my documents are with UKBA ILR.

Do you guys think, I should have any backup plans like apply for Tier 1 extension via post etc.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Just want to make sure I keep all my options open rather realising later I could have done this or that.

Thanks,
DHawal.

Dik
Newly Registered

Re: ILR and Tier one extension

Post by Dik » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:12 pm

no. dont send anymore applications. it is a waste of money and time to send another application. You have waited for six months and I'm sure you will get it soon if you dont have any gaps and criminal convictions. Don't worry about your visa expiring on 23 Feb. You have already completed 10 years lawful residence and you don't need to have a visa to apply for ILR or further leave. Best wishes.
dhawalthakker wrote:I am also august applicant (done biometric). My visa is expiring on 23rd Feb. I am eligible for Tier 1 extension but all my documents are with UKBA ILR.

Do you guys think, I should have any backup plans like apply for Tier 1 extension via post etc.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Just want to make sure I keep all my options open rather realising later I could have done this or that.

Thanks,
DHawal.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Please can someone update SKYDRIVE, Thanks

Application Category: Set (O) 10 years long residency
Application Sent: 28/01/2013
Acknowledgment dated: 05/02/2013
Biometric Invitation dated: 14/02/2013
Biometric Given on: 14/02/2013
ILR Stamped on: Waiting
BRP Received on: Waiting

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 pm

dhawalthakker wrote:I am also august applicant (done biometric). My visa is expiring on 23rd Feb. I am eligible for Tier 1 extension but all my documents are with UKBA ILR.

Thanks,
DHawal.
Hi Dhawal

hope you fine , I have same issue, applied five month ago my visa going to expire in March too, have you get any legal advice from any solicitor if we put application for tier1 extension what will be happen, in case of not getting ILR on basis of ten year rule they will allow us to apply for tier1 extension or not.
during my 10 year one immigration issue was HO made case and after two year they took back in a mean time my leave was expired during case, when they took case back they gave me visa technically 3c apply to me but for safe guard looking to find legal advice for tier1 extension too.

If you have any information please advice me too.

Regards
Amjad

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

In case ILR reject on basis of ten rules

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi everyone
I applied ILR on basis of ten year rule, my leave going to expire in middle of March, in case of not get ILR and mean time leave expire under tier1 , after getting decision of ILR still you can apply for extension of tier1 because under 3c your previous leave stay valid until you not get final decision.

How many days HO give you to apply or extend visa under you previous category or not at all.

your view and advice will be highly appreciate.

regards

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 pm

hi,
until you get the decision of your ILR you shouldnt apply for visa extention in any form. otherwise they will ask you to withdraw one of the application if you send another one and the most likely, your fee will be wasted.
we learn from our mistakes.
it happened with me back in 2010.
i got my student extension and soon after that applied for Discretionary Leave through my solicitor .. that DL application took more than a year and my student visa was goin to finish in month or so ...
keeping in mind the 10 years n didnt wanted to break the chain (solicitor didnt gave me proper advise too)
I applied for student visa extension along with my dependents .. after done our biomatrics my solicitor received a letter from home office and asked me to withdraw one of the application... so i did withdraw student one cos that still remain in my back up plan..
anyway ... DL was successful after goin through appeal n stuff ... but after that it took me nearly 8-9 months to get my refund...
every second week i used to send them letters n emails n even the copies of sent emails .. then i got the money back..
so : the moral of this story is ........ sit back relax .. let them do their job and wait for your turn..
it does not matter your T1 is goin to finish.. you will still remain on T1 visa until they decide something about your ILR

tc

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

Guys look at the previous posts on this thread and you will find answer for the question

How long will they give you to apply for another visa after they rejected your ILR

1. I wouldn't waste a single minute in this country if they reject mine after ten years with no issues... if they reject an ILR without a reason that means they will never give us ILR... so forget about tier 1 and pack your backs to move to somewhere else in the world... this is not the end

2. Why you guys are negative... Be Positive... that's my blood group as well
Don't worry ... as alibaba say "sit back and relax"... if you have a problem in these 10yrs then you have to be worried..

Of all the routes, this is the easiest route... they don't even ask us the bank statement in this 10yr criteria... So there is no reason you get rejected...

You guys are going to be on your previous visa status when your application is still under consideration even though it expired

Saanju

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:41 am

saanju9 wrote:Guys look at the previous posts on this thread and you will find answer for the question

How long will they give you to apply for another visa after they rejected your ILR

1. I wouldn't waste a single minute in this country if they reject mine after ten years with no issues... if they reject an ILR without a reason that means they will never give us ILR... so forget about tier 1 and pack your backs to move to somewhere else in the world... this is not the end

2. Why you guys are negative... Be Positive... that's my blood group as well
Don't worry ... as alibaba say "sit back and relax"... if you have a problem in these 10yrs then you have to be worried.. Hi sannju in past I have immigration case which HO made it and took back after finding true picture but it's took me two year near to as per 3c I was legal in this country . So what advice in this have to T1 application or not .

Of all the routes, this is the easiest route... they don't even ask us the bank statement in this 10yr criteria... So there is no reason you get rejected...

You guys are going to be on your previous visa status when your application is still under consideration even though it expired

Saanju

naqeeb

Wohooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post by naqeeb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Shukr Alhamdulilah - Going Mental and still cant believe It has finally arrived after being refused on my last student visa, losing my appeal and then losing in the upper tribunal as well. Cant wait to see my father and rest of my family

Never give up hope.........................

Patience bears virtue and this blog has been tremendously helpful in everyday and been checking at least twice

received email from UKBA to mp
" A decision has been made on Mr Raja case today and has been sent by special delivery. The decision and his documents have been dispatched to his solicitor which we have on record.

To note, Mr Raja applied for indefinite leave (ILR), however he did not provide us with a Knowledge of Life in the UK certificate (KOL). I am told that Mr Raja had planned to sit the test in September 2012 and had instructed us that he would then forward the certificate to be linked to his application, this was not done and we therefore have no record that he has passed that test.

Due to the urgency of his case he has been refused ILR but granted two years Leave to Remain. At any point during those two years, if he can provide the KOL certificate and he meets the rest of the relevant Immigration Rules, he can re-apply for ILR.

Mr Raja's Biometric Residence Permit will follow by separate cover. These are produced for us by the DVLA and their service standard is to issue the cards within 10 working days, although I believe they often arrive much sooner.

Mr Raja should be able to leave the UK without the BRP but may have problems re-entering. If he chooses to travel before he receives his card he should ensure that he takes his letter detailing his grant of leave.

Kind regards,

MP Account Manager Team

I did pass my KOL test and sent the certificate and i think they have lost it but i have a copy and when i come back dont know what i should do. But still very happy as i asked my MP to withdraw my case to travel urgently

k_alibaba

Re: Wohooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 pm

congrats .. n finally you got it .. God bless you.. patience is the virtue ...
--------------------
naqeeb wrote:Shukr Alhamdulilah - Going Mental and still cant believe It has finally arrived after being refused on my last student visa, losing my appeal and then losing in the upper tribunal as well. Cant wait to see my father and rest of my family

Never give up hope.........................

Patience bears virtue and this blog has been tremendously helpful in everyday and been checking at least twice

received email from UKBA to mp
" A decision has been made on Mr Raja case today and has been sent by special delivery. The decision and his documents have been dispatched to his solicitor which we have on record.

To note, Mr Raja applied for indefinite leave (ILR), however he did not provide us with a Knowledge of Life in the UK certificate (KOL). I am told that Mr Raja had planned to sit the test in September 2012 and had instructed us that he would then forward the certificate to be linked to his application, this was not done and we therefore have no record that he has passed that test.

Due to the urgency of his case he has been refused ILR but granted two years Leave to Remain. At any point during those two years, if he can provide the KOL certificate and he meets the rest of the relevant Immigration Rules, he can re-apply for ILR.

Mr Raja's Biometric Residence Permit will follow by separate cover. These are produced for us by the DVLA and their service standard is to issue the cards within 10 working days, although I believe they often arrive much sooner.

Mr Raja should be able to leave the UK without the BRP but may have problems re-entering. If he chooses to travel before he receives his card he should ensure that he takes his letter detailing his grant of leave.

Kind regards,

MP Account Manager Team

I did pass my KOL test and sent the certificate and i think they have lost it but i have a copy and when i come back dont know what i should do. But still very happy as i asked my MP to withdraw my case to travel urgently

k_alibaba

Re: Application for 10 years leading ILR

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm

could someone please update my mates timeline on Skydrive..
thanks.
---------------------
rayhanali wrote:Dear friends,
just to update my status
i received my Biomatric invitaion on 2/2/13 and done on the same day
now the real waiting have started

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rayhanali wrote:Dear Friends,
i would like to share my timeline
Applied on.. 12/12/2012 at 12:12 pm
Recieved ack in a week time
now waiting for rest of the process

regards