ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Visa-level of expertise in IT Consultancy/background

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yash001

Tier-1 Visa-level of expertise in IT Consultancy/background

Post by Yash001 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi All,

Today I went for my 2nd Tier-1 General Extension application today as I am still not eligible for PR and UKBA have asked for some additional documents from me. I believe it's because I work as IT consultant and operate through my own limited company. One of the document they have asked for is

Please advise us on your level of expertise in IT Consultancy/background.

Has anybody in past have been asked about the above? If yes, can you please let me know which documents you have submitted as part of it?

I am Prince 2 Certified Practitioner and MBA from India. I am planning to submit these documents. However, my bachelor degree was considered for initial Tier-1 Visa and i used the same for extension this time too.

If any of you can help me on this, I would much appreciate as i need to revert back to them within 14 days.

Regards,
Yash

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:24 pm

What was your Bachelor degree in? e.g IT , Computing , Business ???

If it was not something related to IT or Telecom then how did you learn about IT telecom?

Do you have any Certifications that shows your competency in IT or Telecoms? e.g. Cisco , Juniper, Java , RF Planning , GSM/UMTS Training?

JaySam

Post by JaySam » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi Yash,

Can you shed some more light on you case.

1) What are the whole list of documents they have asked for & what type of services you provide ?

2) What PEO Center you went to ?

3) Is your whole earning was based on Self Employment ?