ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant profit and loss letter request

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gEEDAY
Newly Registered

Accountant profit and loss letter request

Post by gEEDAY » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:03 am

Hello everyone,

I applied for my tier1 extension on Jan3rd/2013, proving salary and self employed. I just received an email from the case worker asking for my profit and Loss breakdown from my accountant for the self employed.

My accountant is now contemplating as to whether he should add the receipts for the expenses (of which i don't have most of them). Is it okay to just send in the profit and loss breakdown (as this is the only request in the email) or do i have to back it up with stuffs such as Invoices and receipts.

Also, in the absence of invoice and receipts (for self employed), is there an alternative way of proving this to the home office?

Thank you for your responses as i have few days to get back to them on this.

Regards

JaySam

Post by JaySam » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi,

I don't think that you need to add the receipts of expenses but make sure you add the full details of expenses occurs during your self employment e.g. phone, stationery, travelling....in profit and loss statement.

Only send the documents requested, You don't want to complicate the Case. Keep it simple. if they required they can always ask for it.

Can you also shed some light on your case

1) Do you work through Limited Company or Just Self employed ?

2) Why can't you provide the invoices ? in few cases it is genuinely difficult to provide the invoices e.g if you are on-line traders and have few hundred transactions.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Just provide what is asked for, however, this doesn't mean that you won't be asked for expenses receipts in future (although this is unlikely). Out of interest, why don't you have these available - how can you add something as an expense without a matching receipt? Do you have this documented in your bank statement? From a tax standpoint, you should be keeping all this documentation.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.