ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration solicitor, is it worth for BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pqek

Immigration solicitor, is it worth for BC?

Post by Pqek » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 pm

I used an immigration firm to help me out with my ILR application and I founded the best money invested. I'm now preparing for applying for BC but don't see the same value on using them.

Is there any advantage on applying thru a solicitor different than organising your documents and help you fill a form?

Do you still need to go to NCS or do they have the ability to send certified copies and keep originals with me?

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 pm

I agree, using a lawyer for my ILR was the best investment ever. This was due to my excessive absences and the fact my lawyer had an established relationship with a Croydon caseworker.

Since the allowed absences for naturalisation are much more liberal, I had zero need for a lawyer.

However, those that have more difficult naturalisation cases than mine ( situations that risk the "good character" assessment not coming up positive ), why not?

£851 is a lot to throw away. If a lawyer who has a good grasp on the law is willing to offer a no-win no-fee guarantee, I'll give him my money. Worth every penny.

Straight forward case? Why bother.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 am

True if the case is straightforward why bother? Not that lawyer can change your circumstances. Same applies for ILR. My case was extra complicated and none of the lawyers had a clue. I applied by myself via PEO and it was like a walk in the park