ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query from UKBA about UK third party funding

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Query from UKBA about UK third party funding

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 pm

I have just received a phone call from a friend's friend. He was asking for advice: He applied for the T1E under 50k PSW category using 3rd party funding from UK. Case applied in Sep 2012.

According to him he received an email in which he is asked for two things and he is given 7 days to forward documents:

1. A letter from third party's bank (which is Barclays) confirming funds are at his disposal. Third party has already given declaration, solicitor letter and original bank statement. But still Home Office is asking for this letter. surprising..

2. Marketing material. He provided the leaflets but caseworker is not satisfied with them and asking for more marketing stuff.

Now the worrying bit here is, Barclays would never issue such letter. And at the same time UKBA should also be aware that Barclays would never issue such letter then why are they asking for this. I have not seen email myself so I can not comment on the authnticity but after speaking with him on the phone he looked genuine applicant and news seems to be original. At the same time I have asked him to forward me that email.

If this news is correct then this also confirms that third party holding UK bank account is acceptable.

Just wanted to update you guys what is happening but need not to be panic....

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 pm

guys..As i have already mentioned in other topics....I am quite sure third party funding in UK is acceptable...Looks like the confusion has arised due to the fact that UKBA does't accept bank statements from third party...From the policy guidance it is quite clear that third party funding in UK is acceptable....Its just that you should provide bank letter instead of a bank statement....

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 pm

I wonder if UKBA has started to contact applicants through emails. They normally contact people for general information requested by them. But hardly listened about critical information about applicants being requested through email.
Anybody ever had this experience?

This topic also identifies that people even applied with third parties' in UK. Update on this case would be appreciated.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 am

RizKCB wrote:I wonder if UKBA has started to contact applicants through emails. They normally contact people for general information requested by them. But hardly listened about critical information about applicants being requested through email.

This topic also identifies that people even applied with third parties' in UK. Update on this case would be appreciated.

I think so they dont send emails to aplicants for documents.
They require documents by letter r call.

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 am

RizKCB wrote:I wonder if UKBA has started to contact applicants through emails. They normally contact people for general information requested by them. But hardly listened about critical information about applicants being requested through email.

Just so you know one of my close friend has received an email requesting missing doc. as well as additional doc. so you never know you might receive a letter or email regarding additional doc., well in my opinion contacting applicant via email is the best and quickest way coz some time mail could get missed/delayed in post.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:57 pm

adilzia wrote:

I think so they dont send emails to aplicants for documents.
They require documents by letter r call.

I had experience in past .... when I applied for psw visa I sent them old photographs which I used for my last visa extension............ I got a call from ukba left me a voice message with phone number and contact name of person.

I call back spoke to them person (Case worker) ....... she told me wrong photographs sent and after discussing over the phone she told me that I am going to put all this in writing and sending you email and you have 3 working days to submit new photographs.

so UKBA (case worker) do send emails out requesting documents etc (but in my case called first than email)..... and I contacted relevant person later to confirm that photographs received and once I received the visa I find out I have my degree certificate missing from the documents received with the passport so I contacted the relevant person again via email to enquire about missing document but unfortunately they couldn't find the degree certificate, so I have to pay university £25 to get a duplicate copy.

regards

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:22 pm

UKBA can call the applicants or their representatives, communicate via email or send a letter if they require more documents.

Atleast UKBA has progressed into 2nd gear now :) ...as some of the members are getting enquiries. That is positive sign.

Good Luck.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

sohail akhter

answer of part questuin!

Post by sohail akhter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 am

The home office requested for new letter from the bank due to the following reason. Before new changes the funds could be withdrawn by the third party after applying for Tier1. According to new policy the funds must be maintained. Since the new rules applied reterospectively that is why the case worker wants to know that funds are still available by the third party. If the funds have been withdrawn by the third party then the case worker will refuse the visa, i think.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 am

Third party funding from UK Bank account is allowed. All the rumous are completely wrong that its not acceptable, I sent a letter to UKBA last week and below is the reply I received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter of 13 February, asking whether third party funding is permitted for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route, from third parties within the UK. This is permitted.

The evidence will need to show the existence of the money (using one of the forms listed in paragraph 90 of the guidance notes on: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/ ) and a declaration and a legal authorities’ confirmation of the validity of the declaration (paragraph 96).

This is set out clearly in the guidance.

I have responded by email, as I hope that this is the fastest way for you to get your response.

Yours faithfully,

L Souster
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legal RANA
Newly Registered

Post by Legal RANA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

one of my client got his visa refused as barclays refused to provide a letter with applicants name on it. won in appeal as judge agreed that it is not requirement of the appendix A. so, i am sure that uk 3rd party funding is allowed and if ukba asks for this kind of letter, explain that it is against the bank policy.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Legal RANA wrote:one of my client got his visa refused as barclays refused to provide a letter with applicants name on it. won in appeal as judge agreed that it is not requirement of the appendix A. so, i am sure that uk 3rd party funding is allowed and if ukba asks for this kind of letter, explain that it is against the bank policy.
Thx for the update I need your advise if u don't mind I have applied tier 1 as formed team but only sent joint bank account statement which shows both of ours name but one person on this forum got his visa refused because he only sent joint account statement like I did and no deceleration was provided same as me and I m just wondering shall I get the declaration done and send a additional documents or shall I just wait for UBS to contact me or decide my application.

Everyone is giving me different opinion on this and I m confused as policy guidance doesn't say anything about this at all.

Regards

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm

rehan01 wrote:
Legal RANA wrote:one of my client got his visa refused as barclays refused to provide a letter with applicants name on it. won in appeal as judge agreed that it is not requirement of the appendix A. so, i am sure that uk 3rd party funding is allowed and if ukba asks for this kind of letter, explain that it is against the bank policy.
Thx for the update I need your advise if u don't mind I have applied tier 1 as formed team but only sent joint bank account statement which shows both of ours name but one person on this forum got his visa refused because he only sent joint account statement like I did and no deceleration was provided same as me and I m just wondering shall I get the declaration done and send a additional documents or shall I just wait for UBS to contact me or decide my application.

Everyone is giving me different opinion on this and I m confused as policy guidance doesn't say anything about this at all.

Regards

Hi

I understand your concern i have also read that post which you have mention above. Now if you have the same circumstances then you can do a deceleration as well just for safe side but i do,nt want to insult your intelligence by telling you that if you have joint account what does it mean in terms of access.

I had a client today he received a letter from UKBA that to provide missing docs which he never sent. there are about 4 documents missing including contract and bank letter.
the whole point is how come someones visa was refused just because one of he docs is missing which even they do,nt required by the LAW.
Any how get a declaration done and send it off just for safe side.

Regards
Shaukat

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks for ur reply and advise much appreciated and also will you have format or template of declaration for team member application.

Regards

smehmood wrote:
rehan01 wrote:

Regards

Hi

I understand your concern i have also read that post which you have mention above. Now if you have the same circumstances then you can do a deceleration as well just for safe side but i do,nt want to insult your intelligence by telling you that if you have joint account what does it mean in terms of access.

I had a client today he received a letter from UKBA that to provide missing docs which he never sent. there are about 4 documents missing including contract and bank letter.
the whole point is how come someones visa was refused just because one of he docs is missing which even they do,nt required by the LAW.
Any how get a declaration done and send it off just for safe side.

Regards