ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

Finally got my documents back

Post by bernardlim86 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi guys, QUESTION! help me out please.

I have received my documents back today, 14th February 2013, I received a We Miss You note from Royal Mail yesterday when I got home.
I went to pick up all the documents this morning and it enclosed a letter from UKBA dating 8th February 2013.

My question is:
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY BRP???

Please help me out guys, I need to get out of this country to attend my grandmother's funeral and I have no clue when will I receive my BRP.
I was sitting at home all day waiting for the doorbell to ring.

THANKS!!!

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

Confusing letter

Post by bernardlim86 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi all,

I received my documents back today and there is a letter in the package and I hope some of you can help me decipher the letter.

Dear Mr Lim,

Thank you for your application for limited leave to remain in the UK. Your application for limited leave to remain as a Partner has been considered.

Your application has been considered under the Immigration Rules that were in force prior to the 9th July 2012. Your application did not meet the requirements as per the enclosed refusal notice.

As a result of the changes to the immigration rules which came into effect on 9 July 2012, any family life claim will now be given consideration under Appendix FM.

Consideration has been given under the Immigration Rules Appendix FM paragraphs D-LTR.1.1 (a) to (c) Decision on application for limited leave as a partner.

We are satisfied with the information you have provided that:

D-LTRP: Decision on application for limited leave to remain as a Partner.

Because of your particular circumstances, you have been granted leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.1. of Appendix FM.

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU

We have endorsed your biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the UK initially for 30 months.

it goes on for a while but the rest of the letter is just rules of not receiving public funds.

it sounded like 3 yeses and 1 no to me.

what do you guys think? and can some of the people who have got their documents back lend me a hand please?

I don't know when am i receiving my BRP and I have been waiting at home today, hoping the postman would bring some good news.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks guys[/b]

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 pm

@bernardlim86, Please what are the public funds that you are entitled to receive because my visa was granted as well on Saturday but my documents was delivered yesterday..I am allow to work and open a business but can't receive some benefit

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

BRP nightmare

Post by bernardlim86 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi lekmat01

I am not entitled to any public funds at all.

I think we have got the same thing, but on my letter it did not say I will receive my BRP within 7 days like most people did.

It simply just aid We have endorsed your BRP with limited leave to remain in the UK initially for 30 months.

if it is not too much trouble, maybe we can send each other's documents and we can have a look.

so do you mean you got your BRP before all your documents back??

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 pm

@bernardlim86
In their decision letter I was entitled to claim
contribution based job-seekers allowance,incapacity benefit,statutory maternity pay,guardiance allowance,retirement pension but I don't need the the claim as am ready to work and pay their tax.And also I was granted 30months which the visa will expire on 15th August 2015....I received a letter from biometric department that my resident card should be deliver within 7 days and I was told that it will be deliver by DX courier not royalmail

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

FLRM nightmare

Post by bernardlim86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 am

@lekmat01

Hi lekmat01, did you apply for further leave to remain? or indefinite?

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

Post by bernardlim86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 am

@lekmat01

I did not receive a letter from biometric department, stating that my resident card should be deliver within 7 days.

I am very anxious because I need to travel back home to attend my grandmother's funeral. I do not have my BRP yet and on the letter that I was given, it did not mention anything about courier or royal mail.

olukemiff
Newly Registered

Approved!!

Post by olukemiff » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:15 am

After 7mnths and 12days I got my docs back today with approval letter. Bio card to follow in a few days. Will update with my journey to approval tomorrow as im tuping on fon now.

Timeline;
Apply: jul 2nd 2012
Bio: oct 19 (after 3rd attempt of ho sending it- my fault)
Approval: feb 14 dated 11th.
Changing from tier 4

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

Re: Approved!!

Post by bernardlim86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:24 am

@olukemiff

I got my documents back today too. But I havent got a letter like everyone saying I will receive my BRP in 7 days, instead I got this
What this means for you
we have endorsed your biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the UK initially for 30 months.

these are the only thing i see on the letter. guys, should i be worried?

Thanks

olukemiff wrote:After 7mnths and 12days I got my docs back today with approval letter. Bio card to follow in a few days. Will update with my journey to approval tomorrow as im tuping on fon now.

Timeline;
Apply: jul 2nd 2012
Bio: oct 19 (after 3rd attempt of ho sending it- my fault)
Approval: feb 14 dated 11th.
Changing from tier 4

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 am

@bernardlim86
I did apply for further Leave to Remain converted from visiting visa ...But I hope you get your BRP soon,can you tell me your time line please

chquin
Newly Registered

Post by chquin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 am

freedomuk wrote:

Hi mate, we applied at almost the same time :)

I applied FLR(M) from PSW.

UKBA allow student to work full time during the term break or holiday.
I refer to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... onditions/
Oh, great! I noticed your entry on that skydrive spreadsheet. Your BM came very quickly.

Sadly, I have visited that link and it does say I'm disallowed from taking any "permanent" employment. I suppose it's just up to the potential employer to see if they can take me on a contract basis...? Even though it hasn't been that long, I am anxious to get back to work and start earning again.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone else and congratulations to those who have just recently had their applications approved!

--
Timeline for Tier 4 to FLR(M) Spouse
Applied: 3 Jan 2013
Appl ack'd: 7 Jan 2013
Payment taken: 11 Jan 2013
BM letter dated: 31 Jan 2013 (arrived 7 Feb 2013)
BM given: 8 Feb 2013 (Holborn)
FLR(M) decision: waiting
Docs rec'd: waiting

shendean

Re: BRP nightmare

Post by shendean » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:02 am

bernardlim86 wrote:Hi lekmat01

I am not entitled to any public funds at all.

I think we have got the same thing, but on my letter it did not say I will receive my BRP within 7 days like most people did.

It simply just aid We have endorsed your BRP with limited leave to remain in the UK initially for 30 months.

if it is not too much trouble, maybe we can send each other's documents and we can have a look.

so do you mean you got your BRP before all your documents back??

it will be in urs coz ur granted.. when did u applied?

CONGRATS ALL OF YOU HERE WHO ARE GETTING APPROVED!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

backagain

Re: FLR(M) docs delivered!

Post by backagain » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 am

whitequeen wrote:I finally got back all my documents and the letter stating that my visa is approved and that I need to wait for my BRP card in 7 days! My husband and I are really happy! Finally, the waiting is over! Thank you all for the support!
Congratulations Whitequeen! Yours has been an epic trial. Glad that it is all over. Enjoy!
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

My bad

Post by bernardlim86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:15 am

Hi, I am entitled to the following benefits
-contribution based jobseeker's allowance
-incapacity benefit
-retirement pension
-widow benefit and bereavement benefit
-guardian allowance
-statutory maternity pay

My timeline is as follow

Application sent- 8 OCT 2012
Acknowledgement Letter - 15 OCT 2012
Money taken out - 22 OCT 2012
Biometric letter arrived - 21 DEC 2012
Biometric Enrolled - 22 DEC 2012
Grandparent hospitalised condition letter sent to MP - 18 JAN
Notified MP about death of grandparent - 9 FEB
Documents received - 13 FEB
BRP - Waiting

My case is slightly different from the rest of you because my grandparent passed away and she was dying so hence I plead my MP to call UKBA and expedite my application.

But this also created another problem, I get a different letter, no mention of BRP arriving in 7 days. simply said "We have endorsed your biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the UK initially for 30 months. "

Anyone care to help me? give me some direction and advice? i am still waiting for my BRP, how long does it normally take? i know alot of people get it the day after they receive their documents back,

let me know guys

thanks

October2012applicant
Newly Registered

Re: Confusing letter

Post by October2012applicant » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 am

bernardlim86 wrote:Hi all,

I received my documents back today and there is a letter in the package and I hope some of you can help me decipher the letter.

Dear Mr Lim,

Thank you for your application for limited leave to remain in the UK. Your application for limited leave to remain as a Partner has been considered.

Your application has been considered under the Immigration Rules that were in force prior to the 9th July 2012. Your application did not meet the requirements as per the enclosed refusal notice.

As a result of the changes to the immigration rules which came into effect on 9 July 2012, any family life claim will now be given consideration under Appendix FM.

Consideration has been given under the Immigration Rules Appendix FM paragraphs D-LTR.1.1 (a) to (c) Decision on application for limited leave as a partner.

Because of your particular circumstances, you have been granted leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.1. of Appendix FM.

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU

We have endorsed your biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the UK initially for 30 months.

it goes on for a while but the rest of the letter is just rules of not receiving public funds.

what do you guys think? and can some of the people who have got their documents back lend me a hand please?

I don't know when am i receiving my BRP and I have been waiting at home today, hoping the postman would bring some good news.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks guys[/b]
Hi bernardlim86,

I was looking at the spreadsheet; it says that you applied on 8th October 2012. If that is true then this letter really doesn't make sense as you would have applied under the new (post 9th July 2012) rules.

Anyway, from the excerpt of your letter, it appears that UKBA has given you limited leave to remain for 30 months. It also sounds that you won't be getting a new Biometric Residence Permit because it was stated in the letter that UKBA has endorsed your BRP with the LLR for 30 months.

Have you tried ringing UKBA to seek clarification?

I wish you all the best! And sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother.

October2012Applicant.

shendean

Re: My bad

Post by shendean » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:24 am

bernardlim86 wrote:Hi, I am entitled to the following benefits
-contribution based jobseeker's allowance
-incapacity benefit
-retirement pension
-widow benefit and bereavement benefit
-guardian allowance
-statutory maternity pay

My timeline is as follow

Application sent- 8 OCT 2012
Acknowledgement Letter - 15 OCT 2012
Money taken out - 22 OCT 2012
Biometric letter arrived - 21 DEC 2012
Biometric Enrolled - 22 DEC 2012
Grandparent hospitalised condition letter sent to MP - 18 JAN
Notified MP about death of grandparent - 9 FEB
Documents received - 13 FEB
BRP - Waiting

My case is slightly different from the rest of you because my grandparent passed away and she was dying so hence I plead my MP to call UKBA and expedite my application.

But this also created another problem, I get a different letter, no mention of BRP arriving in 7 days. simply said "We have endorsed your biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the UK initially for 30 months. "

Anyone care to help me? give me some direction and advice? i am still waiting for my BRP, how long does it normally take? i know alot of people get it the day after they receive their documents back,

let me know guys

thanks
HI?

what application did u applied for?
Shendean

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

FLRM

Post by bernardlim86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 am

I have applied for FLRM.

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

Re: Confusing letter

Post by bernardlim86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:06 am

Hi @October2012applicant

I have applied for FLRM. I do not understand what they mean by endorsing my biometric resident permit.

Would you care to explain a bit more please? I need to travel out of the UK ASAP and the letter really isn't helping.

and yes, they should consider me under the new rule post 9th july not the old ones. I tried calling the number but no one ever answer.

Bernard
October2012applicant wrote:
bernardlim86 wrote:Hi all,

Dear Mr Lim,

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks guys[/b]
Hi bernardlim86,

I was looking at the spreadsheet; it says that you applied on 8th October 2012. If that is true then this letter really doesn't make sense as you would have applied under the new (post 9th July 2012) rules.

Anyway, from the excerpt of your letter, it appears that UKBA has given you limited leave to remain for 30 months. It also sounds that you won't be getting a new Biometric Residence Permit because it was stated in the letter that UKBA has endorsed your BRP with the LLR for 30 months.

Have you tried ringing UKBA to seek clarification?

I wish you all the best! And sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother.

October2012Applicant.

shendean

Re: FLRM

Post by shendean » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 am

bernardlim86 wrote:I have applied for FLRM.
when did u applied?
Shendean

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:03 am

I got my docs back today. And it say I should receive my BPR in next 7 days. I hope this means my application is successful as the letter does not say anything.

My Timeline
Date applied : 06/07/2012
Ack letter : Late july
Biometric letter : 11/10/2012
Biometric submission: 13/10/2012
spouse passport received : 14/02/2013
Docs, passportreceived : 15/02/2013
BRP : waiting

Thanks

shendean

Post by shendean » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 am

SJ_2013 wrote:I got my docs back today. And it say I should receive my BPR in next 7 days. I hope this means my application is successful as the letter does not say anything.

My Timeline

Thanks

THATS MEAN U ARE APPROVED! COZ IT SAYS UR BRP WILL BE ARRIVE SOONER.
Shendean

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 pm

@bernardlim86
Have you ever apply for further leave to remain before?because I don't know why they didn't tell you to wait for 7 working days for your BRP card because on my decision letter it was stated that they have endorsed my biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the UK for initially for 30 months.I just received a call from my solicitor that my BRP card is with her so am going to her office to collect it asap.Try to contact the UKBA enquiries to know what's going on with your BRP CARD.

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

Re: Good news to you all

Post by bernardlim86 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 pm

lekmat01 wrote:@bernardlim86
Have you ever apply for further leave to remain before?because I don't know why they didn't tell you to wait for 7 working days for your BRP card because on my decision letter it was stated that they have endorsed my biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the UK for initially for 30 months.I just received a call from my solicitor that my BRP card is with her so am going to her office to collect it asap.Try to contact the UKBA enquiries to know what's going on with your BRP CARD.
Hi,

I was applying for further leave to remain yes. I applied on the 8th October 2012. When did you apply? and is your letter any different to mine? please check your inbox I have sent you a personal message with my email on it. Please if you can let me know as soon as possible that will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Bernard

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

Approval

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Just got an email from my solicitor and my passport and approval letter arrived today.

I'm so happy and relieved!! :D

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 pm

shendean wrote:
SJ_2013 wrote:I got my docs back today. And it say I should receive my BPR in next 7 days. I hope this means my application is successful as the letter does not say anything.

My Timeline

Thanks

THATS MEAN U ARE APPROVED! COZ IT SAYS UR BRP WILL BE ARRIVE SOONER.
THANKS