ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service (PEO) or through post??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ridewithme

Premium Service (PEO) or through post??

Post by ridewithme » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Guys,
Just needed advise on if we could apply for my husbands ILR through the premium services i.e. PEO or is it better to apply through post.
As i have mentioned in other posts that my Husband did overstay his spouse visa after which he voluntarily left UK and then got issued with spouse visa. Please advise.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Better off applying by post as CW wont be able to make a decision on the same day due to 'previous immigration history'

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Thank you for the reply. Would his previous overstay affect the ILR application?? Cause they did issue him with spouse visa already. Would they reject our application and not grant ILR cause of the previous overstay??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 pm

No. He was successful with the spouse visa application, which means his overstay won't have any relevance to his ILR application. If you feel all his paperwork is in order, apply through a PEO if you want to avoid waiting several months for a postal application to be processed.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Hey Casa....thank you so much for your reply......we wer plannin on goin the PEO route and your advise just confirmed it for us.......also is it just the SET(M) form that we need to fill in??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes, just the one form. Are you clear on the date you can apply? You may need to be flexible on the choice of PEO. Croydon in particular gets booked very quickly.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:31 am

Any date after the 2 year period should be fine isnt it??......we planning on applying in sept. do u fink we should book an appointment now if possible. And once again thanks for being so helpfull.

vinny

Re: Can we apply for ILR in person or not??

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:20 pm

ridewithme wrote:Hi Guys,

My huband was issued with student visa, which he oversatyed and he then left voluntarily. We got married in his country, and after which he applied for spouse visa which was granted and, we have been living together since in the UK.

Just needed advise regarding if we could apply for an ILR for my usband i.e premium service at PEO or do we have to apply through post (which we are not very keen on due to the long waiting times for the outcome).

Please advise.

Thank You....!!!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 pm

OOps....sorry dint mean to start one more similar topic.....thank u for reverting me back to this thread.....
28 days before the 2 year qualifying period should be fine to apply??......please advise

Thanks....!!!

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Anyone please advice.....!!!

butterfly33

Post by butterfly33 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 pm

I think it is 28 days before the end of the two year qualifying period not any date after the 2 years.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey Butterfly 33, thank you so much for the reply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:32 pm

butterfly33 wrote:I think it is 28 days before the end of the two year qualifying period not any date after the 2 years.
Any date after completing the qualifying period is fine (better if at PEO?) too, if your husband has unexpired leave on the date of the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 am

Thank you for the reply Vinny. We planning on applying through PEO, about 26 days before the 2 years my husband has been here on the spouse visa.
I hope that should be fine.

Babuska

Post by Babuska » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi all,

Can you help to advise:
- more than 10 years long residents
- all past and current visas ontime.
- Current at T1 visa.
- Out UK 568 days during first 10 years, but lesser than 530 days if last 10 years counting back from now.

Questions:
- Can I apply for ILR now or 1-2 months next?
- Can I apply for PEO?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Babuska wrote:Hi all,

Can you help to advise:
- more than 10 years long residents
- all past and current visas ontime.
- Current at T1 visa.
- Out UK 568 days during first 10 years, but lesser than 530 days if last 10 years counting back from now.

Questions:
- Can I apply for ILR now or 1-2 months next?
- Can I apply for PEO?

Thanks
Set(lr) [click], postal only.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.