ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon on 13/02/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MAN1
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon on 13/02/2013

Post by MAN1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 pm

First of all I would like to thank God Al Mighty, and all the people who have helped me in advising what and how to do.
My case:
Student Visa: 09/08/2005
First UK Entry: 10/09/2005
HSMP Stamp: 06/03/2008
Tie-1 Extension: 08/03/2010
ILR granted: 13/02/2013

Total days during student period were: 225. (Note that when applying for ILR under Tier-1 you only need to mention your days out during 5 years under work visa and NOT student or other).
Total days absent during HSMP = 4 days mentioned in 6.2 page 13 SET (O) 12/2012.

Confusions I had and clarified duly:
SET(O) 12/2012
Page 13: 6.1 (Entre your HSMP or Tier-1 stamp date; duly confirmed from HO inquiry line )
6.2 (Only entre dates when you entered left during the five year work visa period)
Page 15: 7.1 (I had LC20 and £60 penalty on my driving licence; so ticked no in this section and explain in a separate covering letter with following words:
“ With regards to my application for the Indefinite Leave to Remain, this letter is in furtherance to the explanation of SET (O) form (version 12/2012).
Section 7:
Further to question 7, on dd/mm/yyyy, I was given a fixed penalty of £60, which was duly paid on dd/mm/yyyy, and 3 points on my Driving Licence i.e. LC20, driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence. Please see original counterpart attached herewith. “
I also attached original bank statement on which the penalty was paid off.
No questions asked.
Page 17: 7.11 ( Entred 7years 5 months)
(No explanation given below, as haven’t been outside for more than 6 months)
Also I ticked all the relevant boxes whether they said tick or not. ( a silly one but that’s what I did )

Documents that I provided.
1. Passports
2. 2 Photographs full name on back
3. Empoyer Letter confirming my Salary and dates worked. Three previous original employers' letters attached as well
4. Life in UK certificate
5. 12 Months Bank Statements
6. 12 Months’ Salary Slips
7. P60 x 4 years
8. Covering Letter with Driving Licence counterpart original and bank statement for FPN paid.(placed on top of SET(O)
9. Cohabitation documents ( Council tax letter me and mrs. Name, Council electoral registration on NHS Letter me and my mrs. Name, NHS registration card mrs. DSA theory test pass certificate mrs. name, (child birth certificate if you have one is also a very strong document, although I didn’t provide it), Two tenancy agreements and letting agent letter on letter head for visits to property, Marriage Certificate original in Urdu and translated in English and attested by notary public (did it back home). Past two years all these or for tenancy agreement it was slightly older to three years, but you can ask for a letter from your land lord confirming the past two years covered.
Anyhow.
Reached PEO: 12:45pm
Security Checks etc: 1:00pm
Form initially stamped: 1:05pm
Payment: 1:09pm
Initial form check: 1:20pm
Biometrics: 1:45pm
Called by CW and she only asked me to provide her all documents and a copy of everything except form (TIP: keep it for your own records): 2:00pm
She said you can come back in about 2 hours.
ILR given: 4:15pm
All she said was all looks ok, make sure you have all your documents there and we will send biometrics in 7 working days.

Guys please feel free to ask any questions that I could answer as Junior Member. ( Not legal advice).
:D Best of luck to all.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success at Croydon on 13/02/2013

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Congr8 man. Good.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:30 am

Congrats,

I have seen a question on the SETO form asking when did you enter UK?. What did you put there? . Was the entry date on student visa or HSMP? . Please clarify coz I am also on the same boat.

Thank you.
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

acha114
Newly Registered

Post by acha114 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Congratulations. Can I confirm that after your successful PEO application, you can travel overseas immediately aftewards, i.e. they don't keep your passport for a short period of time?

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 pm

faislondon wrote:Congrats,

I have seen a question on the SETO form asking when did you enter UK?. What did you put there? . Was the entry date on student visa or HSMP? . Please clarify coz I am also on the same boat.

Thank you.
Hey faislondon, entre ur HSMP stamp date :D

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 pm

acha114 wrote:Congratulations. Can I confirm that after your successful PEO application, you can travel overseas immediately aftewards, i.e. they don't keep your passport for a short period of time?
hey acha114, they dont keep ur passport but u would need to take ur Biometric card which they provide u after a week or so. Otherwise if emergency travel, then u could request them or show them ur approval letter . Hope this helps.

suis

Post by suis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:27 am

Hi MAN1,
would you be able to share the format that of your cover letter

8. Covering Letter with Driving Licence counterpart original and bank statement for FPN paid.(placed on top of SET(O)

my application also similar to your one .

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm

suis wrote:Hi MAN1,
would you be able to share the format that of your cover letter

my application also similar to your one .

Your name
Your address line 1
Your address line 2 (Borough)
Your address line 3 (City)
Your Post code
United Kingdom,
Mobile no. xxxxxxxxxxx
Email : xxxxxx@.com

Date: dd/mm/yyyy

To,

UK Border Agency
SET(O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject:

With regards to my application for the Indefinite Leave to Remain, this letter is in furtherance to the explanation of SET (O) form (version 12/2012).
Section 7

Section 7:
Further to question 7, on dd/mm/yyyy, I was given a fixed penalty of £60, which was duly paid on dd/mm/yyyy, and 3 points on my Driving Licence i.e. LC20, driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence. Please see original counterpart attached herewith.

Yours Sincerely,

Your name and signature

Hi Suis, sorry for late reply. as above my letter has the applicants details on the top on the right hand corner of the letter (text highlighted in bold and italics)

Hope this helps. and wish u all the best

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:42 pm

MAN1 wrote:First of all I would like to thank God Al Mighty, and all the people who have helped me in advising what and how to do.
My case:

Total days during student period were: 225. (Note that when applying for ILR under Tier-1 you only need to mention your days out during 5 years under work visa and NOT student or other).
Total days absent during HSMP = 4 days mentioned in 6.2 page 13 SET (O) 12/2012.

SET(O) 12/2012
Page 13: 6.1 (Entre your HSMP or Tier-1 stamp date; duly confirmed from HO inquiry line )
6.2 (Only entre dates when you entered left during the five year work visa period)
Page 15: 7.1 (I had LC20 and £60 penalty on my driving licence; so ticked no in this section and explain in a separate covering letter with following words:
“ With regards to my application for the Indefinite Leave to Remain, this letter is in furtherance to the explanation of SET (O) form (version 12/2012).
Section 7:
Further to question 7, on dd/mm/yyyy, I was given a fixed penalty of £60, which was duly paid on dd/mm/yyyy, and 3 points on my Driving Licence i.e. LC20, driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence. Please see original counterpart attached herewith. “
No questions asked.
Also I ticked all the relevant boxes whether they said tick or not. ( a silly one but that’s what I did )

1. Passports
3. Empoyer Letter confirming my Salary and dates worked. Three previous original employers' letters attached as well
7. P60 x 4 years
9. Cohabitation documents ( Council tax letter me and mrs. Name, Council electoral registration on NHS Letter me and my mrs. Name, NHS registration card mrs. DSA theory test pass certificate mrs. name, (child birth certificate if you have one is also a very strong document, although I didn’t provide it), Two tenancy agreements and letting agent letter on letter head for visits to property, Marriage Certificate original in Urdu and translated in English and attested by notary public (did it back home). Past two years all these or for tenancy agreement it was slightly older to three years, but you can ask for a letter from your land lord confirming the past two years covered.
Anyhow.
Called by CW and she only asked me to provide her all documents and a copy of everything except form (TIP: keep it for your own records): 2:00pm
All she said was all looks ok, make sure you have all your documents there and we will send biometrics in 7 working days.

Guys please feel free to ask any questions that I could answer as Junior Member. ( Not legal advice).
Congratulations. You have attached 3 Previous Employer's Letters and provided 4 year's P60s. Were you not asked for P45s from previous Employers??

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Kevin24, no I was not asked for P45s. Would be a good idea to take them along any way. Best of luck

avaya
Newly Registered

Post by avaya » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Mani congrats on your visa....

I have a small question . Do we really need to supply all 5 year s P60 forms for visa ?

Or is that ok if I submit last 2 year ones ?

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi avaya,

I would not be a master on this question I am afraid, so to be honest would recommend to ask the seniors.

Seniors please help.

Having said that personally I would stay safe and provide 5 yr summary, which is best supported by P60s.

But best of luck.

Mustafain

Peeru11
Newly Registered

Post by Peeru11 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:43 pm

MAN1 wrote:First of all I would like to thank God Al Mighty, and all the people who have helped me in advising what and how to do.
My case:

SET(O) 12/2012
Section 7:
No questions asked.

1. Passports
7. P60 x 4 years
Anyhow.

Hi there,

Did they returned Life in the UK certificate?
I got My ILR same date 13th March 2013 PEO Croydon. But later I checked my Life in UK certificate missing.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Congrats..

Did you provide council letter of last 5 years?
Many Thanks