ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Applicants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

egoneo

FLR(O) Applicants

Post by egoneo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 pm

are there many of us here? it'll be good to know the timelines of peoples applications. it seems like our waiting times are even worse than FLR(M) even though its the same teams handling them. Ive applied on the basis of private life in the u.k post july 9 changes, having lived here half my life and under 25

Submitted: 14/11/2012
Acknowledged: 15/11/2012
Payment: 21/11/2012
Biometrics invitation: Waiting
Documents returned: waiting
BRP arrived: waiting

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Yup our waiting times is really bad im doing a straightforward extension and im still waiting

Date application sent- 5th october 2012
Received by ukba- 8th october 2012
Payment taken 23rd -october 2012
Received acknowledgement -26th october 2012
Biometric enrolment- still waiting :(

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

sanny26 wrote:Yup our waiting times is really bad im doing a straightforward extension and im still waiting

wow nearly 4.5 months and still no biometrics? what are you applying under?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:06 pm

egoneo wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Yup our waiting times is really bad im doing a straightforward extension and im still waiting

Article 8. didnt thought it would have taken this long to extend.

winners

Post by winners » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Some of FLR (O) applicants that apply in August were beginning to get their biometric invitation letters i can confirm now,Hope our time will come soon.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:35 pm

sanny26 wrote:
egoneo wrote:

Article 8. didnt thought it would have taken this long to extend.
i guess post biometrics it would be very quick as thats when it actually hits a caseworker

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 pm

winners wrote:Some of FLR (O) applicants that apply in August were beginning to get their biometric invitation letters i can confirm now,Hope our time will come soon.
Thanks for that winner, hoping after waiting so long to do bio they dont take long to make a decision. :)

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 am

hi ,
Received my biometric appointmet letter on the 2nd march and going to the post office on Tuesday. I hope to get my documents as soon as possible cos it took me like 5months to get my biometric letter appointment and I hope it won't take up to 5months to receive my documents....hope we all smile at the end.

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 am

Hi all,

It took me 7months to get a biometrics appt, I am applying for access to british child. Gor my Bio done on the 14th of Feb hopefully won't have to wait another 7 months for a decision.

I can confirm that applicant from October are getting bios sent out as i am following another thread where people have been posting.

Good luck to everyone.

fatherAbraham
Newly Registered

is FLRO the right form for her?

Post by fatherAbraham » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:37 am

Hi all,
I recently got my ILR and also registered my son as a BC. I am actually not married to my baby's mother and we live separately. She has been the sole carer for my boy since birth as my wife does not know i have a son elsewhere. Not that i abandoned them, but things nearly got very messy a while ago. I went through the ukba site and found the FLRO is about the only option available to her. she is a student at the moment.
Please, What documents does she need to apply with aside my son's British passport? She lives with a relative, would that count against her as she doesn't have a tenancy agreement? She doesn't pay council tax as she's on student exemption too. she also just started work last month, how long does she need to be in employment for? I can see most people on this thread have got to a considerable point with the HO. I will really appreciate your kind advice and opinion on this matter. Many thanks to you all.

Al Haqq

FLR(O)

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 am

Submitted: 17/10/2012
Acknowledged: 1/11/2012
Payment: NOT SURE
Biometrics invitation: 28/2/2013
Documents returned: 15/4/2013
BRP arrived: Refused no right of appeal

Please note that I kept visiting the PEO office and my MP constantly contacting them.

Prince74

Re: FLR(O)

Post by Prince74 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 am

Al Haqq wrote:Submitted: 17/10/2012
Acknowledged: 1/11/2012
Payment: NOT SURE
Biometrics invitation: 28/2/2013
Documents returned: 15/4/2013
BRP arrived: Refused no right of appeal

Please note that I kept visiting the PEO office and my MP constantly contacting them.
What was the reason for the refusal? On what basis was your application? Do you have family members and if so, what are their nationalities?

rec212

Hey

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:16 pm

I'd like to share my timeline with you guys:

FLR(O) Article 8 application:
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi Prince74,

Thanks. I applied under FLRO)DICRETON....
I have three children, the youngest was born here, he his now 8. I am single parent.
I will type the decision:We have take into consideration that your children lived continuously in UK.....However in this case it is considered that they would be able to adapt to life in --------with you because two of your children have spent 8 & 5 years in ---------before coming to UK and your youngest child at 8 is young enough to adapt to life in another country.
Moreover, you would be returning as a family and you would be able to support your children who are also citizens of your country.

You did not meet the requirements for rule 276ADE(VI)
Secretary of state is not satisfied that you can meet requirements of rule 276ADE(IV) and 276ADE(V).
Thanks I was refused right of appeal becuase she claimed I am an over stayer.
Thank you.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:12 am

Al Haqq wrote:Hi Prince74,

I have three children, the youngest was born here, he his now 8. I am single parent.
I will type the decision:We have take into consideration that your children lived continuously in UK.....However in this case it is considered that they would be able to adapt to life in --------with you because two of your children have spent 8 & 5 years in ---------before coming to UK and your youngest child at 8 is young enough to adapt to life in another country.
Moreover, you would be returning as a family and you would be able to support your children who are also citizens of your country.

Secretary of state is not satisfied that you can meet requirements of rule 276ADE(IV) and 276ADE(V).
Thank you.
The did not apply EX.1 Criteria to your case which deals with the best interest of children who have lived in the UK for 7 years or more. If you have a solicitor you may discuss judicial review with them, I believe you have 3 months from the day of the refusal decision to start a judicial review proceedings

rec212

Hi

Post by rec212 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Any news so far?
Why is this page dead? :)

Al Haqq

No news

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 am

I have no news yet, although I am pursuing a JR, I have been advised that it is arguable. My intention is to carry this out myself, because I can not afford the bills. I am still collecting information. I wrote the caseworker last week to reconsider and I have not received any response. I am drafting the Pre protocol action. although information says this is good practice may not be necessary in my case. I hope I can file in a claim next week. THANK YOU ALL.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm new!
I'm going to be applying for FLR(O) through a solicitor on Thursday, my story is I am an overstayer (3 yrs) and have a British partner (almost 4 yrs together) and a 2.5 year old british daughter. Has anyone in my similar situation been successful? I'm so worried and nervous about the whole thing, any success stories similar to my situation would be very nice! :)

MotherOfOne889
Newly Registered

Post by MotherOfOne889 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Al Haqq wrote:Hi Prince74,

Thank you.

i would like to ask the nationality of your youngest child and if his father is resident in the UK? we have similarities .

MotherOfOne889
Newly Registered

Post by MotherOfOne889 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:20 pm

cookies wrote:Hi Everyone, I'm new!
I'm going to be applying for FLR(O) through a solicitor on Thursday, my story is I am an overstayer (3 yrs) and have a British partner (almost 4 yrs together) and a 2.5 year old british daughter. Has anyone in my similar situation been successful? I'm so worried and nervous about the whole thing, any success stories similar to my situation would be very nice! :)

Hello there, my ex partner is also british, i was with him for 4 years. Overstayer too and my son is now 2.5 years old. I have applied for FLR(o) as there as court orders and also a residence order for my son not to be removed from the Uk.
I have applied in october... had a acknowledgement letter a month after
then i paid for it in september and received a biometric letter in march and im waiting for my biometric card. But its frustrating. I wonder how people cope,as its so hard being unable to work,study,claim benefit... :S . Good luck though,you will be fine.

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 pm

My Ex-Partner is British, 2 children 7 & 8 (British)

FLR(O) submitted by solicitor :21 March 2012

Acknowledge letter received dated: 04 April 2012

Biometric Letter received :19 April 2012

No further News

Solicitor wrote to them 25:01:2013

Still no news

rec212

Post by rec212 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Good luck :)

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 12:41 pm

MotherOfOne889 wrote:
cookies wrote:Hi Everyone, I'm new!

Hello there, my ex partner is also british, i was with him for 4 years. Overstayer too and my son is now 2.5 years old. I have applied for FLR(o) as there as court orders and also a residence order for my son not to be removed from the Uk.
I have applied in october... had a acknowledgement letter a month after
then i paid for it in september and received a biometric letter in march and im waiting for my biometric card. But its frustrating. I wonder how people cope,as its so hard being unable to work,study,claim benefit... :S . Good luck though,you will be fine.
Hey Motherofone and KFM! Good luck to you both, yesterday I had my meeting with my solicitor and he now has all my supporting documents and application form! He also said that applications are now being dealt with faster so hope you all receive a positive response soon! I can now add my timeline and I guess this is where I start biting my nails and begin the process of waiting! fingers and toes crossed for everyone! :D

FLR(O) 2013 - Timeline

Meeting with Solicitor: May/2/13
Application due to be sent: May/3/13
App received by home office: waiting
Payment taken off account: waiting
Biometrics letter received: waiting
Biometrics done: waiting
Final outcome: waiting